• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Splatoon!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    B+? I can't even get out of B- still. Uuuuuugggghhh
    ;-;;-;;-;
    When it comes to Rank Battles, gitting gud is not enough, as you'll be unlucky enough to be paired with bad teammates, followed by the occasional lag, where your opponents disappear and reappear in other areas of the map and you getting killed by the same player you killed a few seconds ago. And the blasters, oh how much I hate those weapons in Rank Battles.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    I feel like that's exactly why I can't get out of it! I repeatedly get matched up with team members that just have no team co-ordination or are just plain unskilled. Or I get matched up against a team that has really good co-ordination.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    So how's everyone doing on Splatfest? I have reached the maximum level as Dog King, but do we have to keep playing to help out our comrades from our side to reach the same level?

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    I reached Cat Queen, and I'm not sure about the points system - I guess they still count towards the total, but I thiiink it's important to reach the max rank too~

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I totally forgot that splatfest was today. Bad timing though...on a holiday.

Which one ended up winning, though?

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Mmm, Dogs won overall, because they had more people representing them. ):

But Cats won more games so that's something. <33

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Team Cat is getting all salty over their loss towards Team Dog, because our overrepresentation gave us the edge.

Not sure if I want to go back to playing Rank Battles, because I'm dangerously close to moving to getting a B+ if I lose a match, and I don't want to be kicked out of the elite A ranked players.

Years
    Pfft, I'm still proud of Team Cat because even with such a disadvantage in terms of popularity (in addition to all the matches I had against dogs where we had 3 or less team mates), we still managed to perform better in terms of win percentage, even if only slightly. The only time I get salty is when dog people won't let us have even that small victory. GG mutts and see ya next Splatfest. I wonder what the next theme will be?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I was so close to getting my solid A ranking back, until an internet disconnection occurred during the beginning of the rank battle. Now I've lost 10 points from it. >_<

Edit: We've got two new weapons finally: the Sploosh-o-Matic and the .96 Gal Deco. I'm going to try them out tomorrow, because I'm watching Shark Week, who are one of the squids' enemies.

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I've been trying to get used to a gun, but I'm too loyal towards rollers. I have all three of them, but I'm sticking with the regular splat roller because of its special weapon. Killer Wail ftw!

I do like that one sniper gun though! Forgot the name, and my internet's down for me to actually check the name of said gun so yeah. lol

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    The Sploosh-o-Matic wasn't was good as I hope it would be, and I had some good results with the .96 Gal Deco in Rank Battles, which helped me gain my solid A rank back.... only to lose a few matches after that. I had to stop before I lose any more points.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
    ugh i haven't played since the other day after the splatfest. i really want them to raise the level cap.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Good news for us Americans, another Splatfest is coming up next week: https://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/123671467907/announcing-the-2nd-splatfest-for-the-americas#notes

Announcing the 2nd Splatfest for the Americas! This time, Splatfest is all about summer fun. ROLLER COASTERS vs. WATER SLIDES: Which would you rather ride?
    The Splatfest will begin on Friday, July 17th at 9:00 PM PT and will end on July 18th at 9:00 PM PT. Thrill seekers rejoice!

I couldn't help but think of this website I constantly lurk through called "Theme Park Review," where they visit pretty much every theme park known to man on a daily basis, and I can't help but wonder which side its members will pick (if they play Splatoon that is). I dunno which side I wish to pick, because people like going to coasters w/ loops more than coasters without loops, and I've never been to a water slide before.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
    the new stage looks so cool. im worried im gonna get lost. i feel like that is the most diverse stage so far. if they do tower control with that stage it's going to be insane.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Just when I thought Kelp Dome was already big enough, Moray Towers takes the cake. Like seriously, that map is huge, and perhaps too big to be sniper heaven thankfully. BTW, did anyone catch the Pokémon reference when the Squid Sisters were commenting on the new map?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    The new stage is not only sniper heaven but also roller heaven. I can't survive with a gun there. lmao.

Also, totally unrelated but...my boyfriend gave me splatoon amiibos. <3 He told me to wait until I reach Level 20 so I can start completing the challenges and get all the stuff. They'll stay in the box until I'm at Level 20...currently at 15 now.

Back