• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Splatoon!

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
  • I tried the Inkbrush earlier. I wasn't too big of a fan of it, but maybe it's just that it takes some getting used to. It's getting used a lot online though, and it's annoying as hell to go up against since it can fling paint all over the place. But it just doesn't cover much ground - I was the lowest by far on my team when I was using it.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I tried the Inkbrush earlier. I wasn't too big of a fan of it, but maybe it's just that it takes some getting used to. It's getting used a lot online though, and it's annoying as hell to go up against since it can fling paint all over the place. But it just doesn't cover much ground - I was the lowest by far on my team when I was using it.
    Same here. The inkbrush is kinda mediocre overall, and not even the sprinklers help much when the area of your side has already been covered by your teammates, making it harder to fill up your gauge to activate the Inkstrike.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Inkbrush is certainly disappointing, to say the least. Either I don't know how to use it properly yet, or it's just plain bad. But either way, it's certainly not a weapon for me.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • How is Splatoon's miiverse community at Inkopolis? It's full of dank memes, and even Nintendo acknowledges these posts. However, this doesn't please my brother. He mentioned how whenever memes are referenced in serious games like CoD and Watch_Dogs, whether it's by a player or from the devs themselves, people treat it like cancer, but when memes are referenced in Splatoon, it's A-ok, which confuses him.

Years
  • I really want this to be my next big Wii U game, or physical copy game in general. Aiming (heh) to get it the end of July, or earlier if I can get a job, which is super unlikely.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I've bought all of the weapons from Sheldon's shop (minus the hero weapons from the amiibo weapons), so now I'm dedicating my money buying more gear. I don't know how many there are each.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    You can get gear you like and nice abilities for a high price through Spyke. The thing is, until you reach a certain level (I don't know what that level is - I haven't reached it myself), the gear shops won't sell you 3-star gear. 3-star gear means the gear can have 3 sub-abilities, which is the maximum.

So basically I've started buying all of my gear through Spyke until the shops will sell me 3-star gear. It's expensive, but I can get some nice-looking stuff, and I won't have to worry about eventually having to stop using the clothes because they have less abilities. But it can be annoying if you can't find someone in the plaza wearing something nice -_-

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • How many rollers (not including the paintbrush) does this game have? I've unlocked 2 and I'm currently at level 13. I'd to unlock a better one if possible!
    There's the normal Paint Roller, the Krack-On Roller, the Dynamo Roller, the Golden Dynamo Roller, the Inkbrush, and the Hero Roller (from the Inkling Boy challenges). That makes 6 Rollers.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • I've bought all of the weapons from Sheldon's shop (minus the hero weapons from the amiibo weapons), so now I'm dedicating my money buying more gear. I don't know how many there are each.

i haven't bought all the weapons from the shop. i should probably do that. i haven't tried the paintbrush yet.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I'm really wondering when those new stages are gonna be released. Getting a little bit tired of playing the same stages over and over again.
    I suspect the next map update will be announced during E3 week, as well as an official word about the Ika Musume costumes from NoA.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I've had 14 kills at least once, but I don't recall if I had higher. I often try and go for a support role at first, what with the Krak-on roller and its sub weapon of extra teleport points, but the KRAKEN can be pretty devastating at times. =)

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Small update to my highest kill number; it is now 15, with the help of that red splattergun whose name I forgot (it looks like the blue splattergun).

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • But aren't the weapons colored like the teams anyway?
    All weapons still keep their original colors; they only shoot different colored ink depending on the team.

BTW, a new stage is coming up:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Cool beans... I wonder how many stages there will be in all once everything's released?

Check out this cool Japanese trailer for Splat Fest! I tell you what, that Squid Sisters song makes me want to party all night every night.
    Spoiler:
    If I recall correctly.... the Splat Fest in America will take place June 20th-21st and the competition will be Cats vs Dogs. I'm telling ya right now that I will be battling for Team Cat. I wouldn't want to get on Judd's bad side or let down any of my cats irl. Does anyone know what the "teams" will be in Europe, Australia, Japan, and other regions?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • ^ That Splat Fest trailer has convinced everyone to ask Nintendo to make a Splatoon anime. Will it use the same art style as seen in the trailer or the art style from the manga? It's hard to decide which side to pick, because I like cats, but I'm also a dog owner.

Honest Trailers has also made their long-waited Splatoon video (if you guys haven't seen it yet:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've seen an ad of Splatoon on TV, and unfortunately, that kind of put me off. Though, I know I'm judging something by its cover here, which is unfair, so I'll be sure to watch a few game-play footage when I'm able so I could decide whether if I want to try my hands on this game or not. Hopefully, it's former!

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • Was it You're a kid, you're a squid, you're a kid, you're a squid? That was a common reaction... :p

Anyway, love the game! It is fantastic and surprisingly competitive. It is a breath of fresh air and I love that they are making the free dlc and updates to the game.

I also love all the splatoon fanart that's flooding tumblr.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I don't understand the hate towards the Squid Kid commercial, because I've been seeing a lot of people online complaining on how Nintendo's commercials aren't as wacky as they were back in the 90's, which the Squid Kid commercial felt like. Plus it's a breath of fresh air from the typical CG/live action commercials from other video game companies that show little to no gameplay.

Back