• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Splatoon!

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
    new splatoon weapon comes out tonight.
    Splatoon!

the splash-o-matic!
    7pm pt

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    The Splash-o-Matic reminds me of the Bison shotgun from TF2 in terms of its sci-fi appearance. I hear it'll work like the aerospray but weaker.

Years
    I got the game last night. My friend gave me a giftcard and thought that I might as well use it on this since nothing else is out at the moment that catches my interest.

I haven't played much of it yet, but I think its pretty fun from what I did so far. Is there a way to prevent the camera from moving with your gamepad though? It kind of gives me a headache.

Years
    Is there a way to prevent the camera from moving with your gamepad though? It kind of gives me a headache.
    Whenever you're at Inkopolis Plaza, look at the Gamepad and tap "Options." In that menu you can toggle motion controls on/off.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    My highest number of kills is now 19, and I was using the Hero Splattergun.

Has anyone tried out the splash-o-matic yet? It's quite fun to use against unprepared enemies.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
    I got the game last night. My friend gave me a giftcard and thought that I might as well use it on this since nothing else is out at the moment that catches my interest.

I haven't played much of it yet, but I think its pretty fun from what I did so far. Is there a way to prevent the camera from moving with your gamepad though? It kind of gives me a headache.

lol yeah playing with the gamepad movement is very annoying. just go to options, then turn off motion controls. should be much better ^_^

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    lol yeah playing with the gamepad movement is very annoying. just go to options, then turn off motion controls. should be much better ^_^
    Personally, it's fluent for me. I use the stick for horizontal camera movement, and the motion of the gamepad for vertical camera movement.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
    Thanks for helping me turn the motion controls off!

Been playing the game more, its really fun :3

glad to help!

i ended up playing splatoon for a little bit. i hit my max level. wooo. i also signed up for the splat fest.

i chose dogs.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I'm fine with gamepad movement personally.

No splatfest for me - Euro and I assume Aus are the 27th so I assume the option to sign up will show up later. We apparently get pop versus rock as our options. Rock for me. :V

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I keep my gamepad gyro controls on, and I haven't had much trouble using it. Also, I chose team dogs. It's hilarious how the Inklings are treating a fax machine as an entity.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
    my sister is now trying to play splatoon with motions controls.

i should play more to get abilities on the dog shirt for the splatfest.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    i should play more to get abilities on the dog shirt for the splatfest.
    Wait, you get a team-specific shirt for the splatfest? I never knew that, so I must stopping trying to unlock the last ability of another shirt I bought and use that dog shirt instead.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
    Wait, you get a team-specific shirt for the splatfest? I never knew that, so I must stopping trying to unlock the last ability of another shirt I bought and use that dog shirt instead.

lol yeah you get it after going to the voting thing right across from Judd the cat. You have to return the shirt after the splat fest though :(

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I am fighting for Team Cat, because
    Splatoon!
    Okay, that's a pretty good Aristocat reference.

I finally went and beat the single player over the weekend. I really enjoyed that final boss. Long challenge with pretty darn great music. =)

Got up to the dizzy heights of B rank as well, after some horror streaks with teams. I may well drop down again but hurrah for slowly climbing up!

My highest number of kills was 21-0. I'm not quite sure how that happened (was using the Krak-on Roller), because I don't often even get near that number, what with playing a support role at times with setting up extra teleport points. But hey, that's a good effort imo. =p If only I could save replays... I'm curious on what happened throughout that.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
    Okay, that's a pretty good Aristocat reference.

I finally went and beat the single player over the weekend. I really enjoyed that final boss. Long challenge with pretty darn great music. =)

Got up to the dizzy heights of B rank as well, after some horror streaks with teams. I may well drop down again but hurrah for slowly climbing up!

My highest number of kills was 21-0. I'm not quite sure how that happened (was using the Krak-on Roller), because I don't often even get near that number, what with playing a support role at times with setting up extra teleport points. But hey, that's a good effort imo. =p If only I could save replays... I'm curious on what happened throughout that.

omg that final boss was insane. it took me a couple tries to beat him. i really loved the music, but i wish you could skip the beginning part. i kept seeing it over and over again!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    omg that final boss was insane. it took me a couple tries to beat him. i really loved the music, but i wish you could skip the beginning part. i kept seeing it over and over again!
    Doesn't it already have the skip button visible like every beginning of a boss battle?

Years
    Doesn't it already have the skip button visible like every beginning of a boss battle?
    I don't think you can skip a boss battle intro before you beat it. This means that you have to sit through the cutscene again and again if you keep getting splatted. The ability to skip it can only be done when you challenge a boss again after beating it.

Speaking of which, I was amused that the dialogue changed if you challenge DJ Octavio again after defeating him for the first time.

Back