• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[SPOILERS!] I don't know what starter to choose anymore...

Years
  • They are all so amazing!!! I can't decide...

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
    • they / them
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    I enjoyed reading your insights onto the strong points of all of them! I've seen a lot of negativity about the new starters' final forms and while I don't think it's wrong to feel one way or another and I have my own opinions too, it's refreshing to see someone embracing them!

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • They are all so amazing!!! I can't decide...

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

What do you go by when you choose your starters? Do you go by designs, or moves, stats, and abilities? Maybe all of the above? Some of the above?

virtualpet

The Anomaly's Mewtwo
    Years
  • If you'd like you might be able to use separate Switch profiles to have three separate playthroughs with different starters, I haven't done this myself but as I understand how that works it should be a good solution if you're struggling to choose and are fine with trying all of them. You could also look at the leaks and try to plan your team without the starter and see which starter fits at the end

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    It's so interesting how divisive Quaquaval has become. But, also not surprising given how many people still have an issue with anything that's not hyper masculine. God forbid a Pokemon have any type of personality. I think it fits the game from what I've seen. Even with the leaks of the final evolutions, I'm still undecided because to me, they all seem pretty decently designed.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Years
  • No, I'm choosing Sprigatito first though, seeing that it will be the game's 'easy mode'. I will prefer using Cereledge to having Fuecoco on the team.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • No, I'm choosing Sprigatito first though, seeing that it will be the game's 'easy mode'. I will prefer using Cereledge to having Fuecoco on the team.

Keep in mind that, for these new titles, you are able to free roam and explore the world in an open world. With that, I don't think that starters being "easy," "medium," and "hard mode" really applies anymore.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Okay, so I finally know what duckster's final evo looks like! …Ew. Well at least it was already the one I was least wanting to pick.

So if I could reccomend you to pick any of them, I reccomend picking the Grass starter. Or well either of the ones that aren't the Water starter :]

Years
    • Seen today
    I like the final stages, but what are their final stage typings?

I've read somewhere that Fuecoco's third is Fire/Ghost, which is a type I really like, but honestly it doesn't seem to make any sense here. Why making a Fire Crocodile a Ghost of all things? Seems like they're kinda derailing the concept of Ghost Pokémon being... you know... ghosts, maybe? and just giving it that type because they feel like it.

Besides, since we got Hisuian Typhlosion less than a year ago, we're basically getting two Fire/Ghost starters in a row.

So I like its typing but I don't think it fits at all. Fuecoco was my intended starter choice, but I'll wait to see what other options there are. If I see a Ghost type that I like for my team that'd leave Fuecoco out then.

Might pick another starter, but can't tell yet. I'll most likely just pick one non-starter new Pokémon and plan my team around it, then pick whichever starter teams up better with it.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I like the final stages, but what are their final stage typings?
    via the leaks, they're:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen today
    via the leaks, they're:
    Spoiler:

It that was the intention, it would have been Fire/Psychic.
    Spoiler:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    It that was the intention, it would have been Fire/Psychic.
    Spoiler:
    ....oh shit you're right lol, idk how I messed that up

Back