• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godlytion

Spriter
Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2014
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Mega Chimchar (Chimchar + Dialga)
    I made it when I am bored...

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Spriters Showcase Thread

Mega Chimchar (Chimchar + Dialga)
    I made it when I am bored...

You posed it in the wrong thread. :\ Post it in this thread.
    Although, i think it is a good fusion and looks great, considering the two pokemon are hard to fuse. I think it looks great! :D The only problem is that the outline is quite dark.

Anyway, I may as post somthing. :D Back in the day, when I was a terrible pixel artist, i created this sprite: Spriters Showcase Thread

Anyway, I edited it and (hopefully)improved it, so what do you think? Spriters Showcase Thread

(I suck at creating trainer sprites. xD And I know the old sprite looks like a boy. :P I am just showing it to show how much I've improved. :P)

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
  • Anyway, I may as post somthing. :D Back in the day, when I was a terrible pixel artist, i created this sprite: Spriters Showcase Thread

Anyway, I edited it and (hopefully)improved it, so what do you think? Spriters Showcase Thread

(I suck at creating trainer sprites. xD And I know the old sprite looks like a boy. :P I am just showing it to show how much I've improved. :P)
    So, we're supposed to review your new sprite, eh?
    Well, imo it still needs a lot of work. The feet look okay, but you should work on the right one's outline. The skirt could be lengthened, as it is way too tight right now. I guess the same would be for her chest, which seems, eh, still a 'boy's chest'. Finally, the mouth has a weird smirk. Is that girl trying to take over the world or something?

All in all, you have improved from that time, but you still need work. Go for it! :3

nickkk

Master Spritess
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2013
    Uh, the bad thing that I would comment about the roof would be that it's plain, because it's not, but that it's bigger than the rest of the house. If you want it to have edges, I would suggest doing this:
    (QUOTE ALTERED DUE TO IMAGE RESTRICTIONS ON THIS ACCOUNT)
    Well, it would look better like this, imo.
    The outlines are good (maybe on the rooftop you would need a lighter one), they match the rest. And the palette choice...well, I couldn't 've thought of a better one for this type of house, well done. :)

I agree. It is done very well, though the roof does seem oversized.

Years
  • I still say that head is freaky Max, but whatever. I like the shading on the jacket, but the shading on the (our) right side of the jacket seems... non-existant.

And the 'folds' (I know no terminology for suits. XD) of the jacket, in my opinion, doesn't need the red outlines. Was it part of a palette?

In any case, I'm just being picky. Your work has and always will be better than mine, so what do I know? XD

Iarama

RMXP User
    Years
  • Those are really goodPhal try recloring this one though:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

And you might want to redo the legs on this one:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

My first two Fakemon they're horrible I made them in Windows paint(is that the same as MS?)
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread

They're bad but my first sprites EVER! If you ever need a recoloring though you can PM me.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
  • Spriters Showcase Thread

Just an avatar I made for PixelJoint.
    Creepy-rite?
    That is creepy, okay...still, in addition to what Spherical Ice said, it looks much less creepy when seen with white background, as the 'bubbles and ghost-white line around the body' are not appearing. What a funky grin, though.

My first two Fakemon they're horrible I made them in Windows paint(is that the same as MS?)
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread

They're bad but my first sprites EVER! If you ever need a recoloring though you can PM me.
    It's okay. First of all, I do 100% of my sprites in Paint and only in paint, so here is no problem there...

The left one is fine, for an early sprite. I like how you used the wing shading. And the second one, well, it does need work.
    I suggest that you follow the spriting tutorials, step by step. You will get better before you know it!

Good luck on your spriting career, Iarama!

Iarama

RMXP User
    Years
  • Ya I used Chesu's tutorial but it didnt help much since he did it with legs and arms(which I suck at) and I did wings I;m such a noob MS Paint is what I have. I'm workign on better shading on the middle of the first one. Thanks I hope I;ll be retty good at spriting by the end of they year(maybe. . .) I tihnk I'll forget the second one it's shape isnt very good and I dont feel like shading the stupid wings.

Iarama

RMXP User
    Years
  • They're really good! The coloring is beautiful but you might want to change the Magmar thing's mouth a little its smiling totally out of character. YOur really good did you just start because your already better than me :P

I just made this using Chesu's tutorial I have a problem witht he round body but I think it's my best yet! What do you think?
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
  • They're really good! The coloring is beautiful but you might want to change the Magmar thing's mouth a little its smiling totally out of character. YOur really good did you just start because your already better than me :P

I just made this using Chesu's tutorial I have a problem witht he round body but I think it's my best yet! What do you think?
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    Try to remember this important piece of advice: When outlining, makes ure it is only one pixel thick, looks organic(most of the time you want rounded edges, not straight or jagged), and don't use right angles( a little redundant there). On the more visible leg, the outlining is too thick. Try rounding out the line art, because if I remember correctly the sprite was very round. Also, round out your shading, and I would add some more to it. The light source for pokemon comes from the top left and since the pokemon is round the shading should be as well. With the eye farthest from us, I suggest moving it down a pixel or two, and experiment with the coloring. all in all, this is pretty good for one of your first attempts. Good job and I hope to see more soon.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
  • Thnaks I'll look at the borders and try moving the eye does anyone have any tips for making wings?
    Sure.
    Spriters Showcase Thread

As you can see, I made two types of wings. The shading is obvious, but the light source, position and angle always matter. Well, if you ask me, I always watch stuff over the internet, when I want to pixel art them. So, for wings, I watch birds and bats. Trust me, you get a lot of information just from National Geographic o;

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    Great wing advice, that actually helped me too :)

well here is something I whipped up :D

Spriters Showcase Thread

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    I found a image on the internet and made this from it. Also theres my pachirisu pre evolution and a female version of breloom i haven't finished.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2010
    your Pachirisu is, great, good shape, shading and outlines
    a Breloom, I think it lacked shadows, but still very good;)
    good job;)
    expose a trainer,of my hackroom;)

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    I found a image on the internet and made this from it. Also theres my pachirisu pre evolution and a female version of breloom i haven't finished.

ok, I like teh concept of the first one, looks good. The line art on the other two needs some work
    Keep the lines 1 pixel thick
    try using that advice and going forward, moreso on the breloom than pachirisu. The shading on the Breloom is also not enough, and I THINK you messed up the shading on the tail :/

Great attempts overall, good luck in the future :)

your Pachirisu is, great, good shape, shading and outlines
    a Breloom, I think it lacked shadows, but still very good;)
    good job;)
    expose a trainer,of my hackroom;)

Great looks awesome :)
    Better than any trainer I can sprite :P
    Maybe fix the shading on the t-shirt, it looks a tad wierd, or maybe that just me :/

Good luck on your hack ^^

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Great wing advice, that actually helped me too :)

well here is something I whipped up :D

Spriters Showcase Thread
    It looks good, however it remind me too much of Bayleef in palette choice (if I'm correct, it's Bayleef's palette? :\) and design (mainly the leaf). Also, it doesn't really look like a Pokemon sprite. :\ Normally there looking somewhat at the player and larger? :\ It's hard to explain, and I'd recommend just looking at a already existing Pokemon sprite. The outline is too dark, and I recommend you fix that. Also, I'd say the leaf could be improved by giving it a darker outline, which is ironic as this was the problem of the body. xD Overally, I like your concept, but it still needs a bit of improvement. ;)

Your Pachirisu pre evolution looks too much like Pachirisu, and I'd recommend making it look a bit more... original. Maybe give it a different colour scheme or/and modifying its design. Because at the moment, it looks like a repose of Pachirisu. :\ I'll comment on the others later. ;)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    I finished my female breloom. I think it needs something; I just can't think of what.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back