• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

starter predictions

CheerDream

Warrior of Light
    Days
    • Age 17
    • Seen Jun 13, 2024
    L:A route - Snivy, Scorbunny, Piplup
    Mainstream route - Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie

I'm not sure what to say

Luci_

Shroomish Enthusiast
    Days
    Okay so I have three trios that i want based on a theme

Forms of entertainment
    Popplio (Singing) Sprigatito (Magic) Scorbunny (Sports, specifically football which is big in France)

And perhaps just overall themes of royalty or nobility because well, France
    Piplup, Chimchar and Snivy

And lastly, to quote Marge Simpson; "I just think they're neat."
    Inteleon, Chikorita and Incineroar

Empoleon671

不要
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen yesterday
    piplup mentioned!!!!

but chimchar would be cool too. i feel one from gen 2, one from gen 4, and the other one can be a wildcard.

Days
    • Age 16
    • He-Him
    • Hoenn
    • Seen yesterday
    Ok based off the information we have and the starters used in the original game I say we have a good selection pick.

Of course they could always pick the originl kanto starter trio but to me it wouldn't feel as cool? But i digress because everyone wants Mega-Greninja.

So we have 27 starters to choose from and right off the bat we can eliminate a bunch of them. Rowlet, Oshawott, and Cyndaquill were used in the first legends game so It's highly unlikely one of those three will be chosen again. so 24 starters remain.

6 starters, Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Torchic, Treecko, and Mudkip already have mega evolutions and I think the starters in this game will probably get Mega Evolutions? Or regional forms, or both. But that turns the starters remain from 24 to 18.

Next up, I mean realistically they are not going to make a Mega Evolution/Regional form for gen 9 starters that are recently introduced. Getting gen 8 starters is a possibility because last legends game was released during gen 8 and they had a starter from gen 7, but not gen 8. So its highly unlikely we will see one of the starters from the paldea region. The remaining starters went from 18 to 15.

Sorry I didn't eliminate this trio earlier, But if game freak wants to stay true to the original legends game, The kantos starters have to go. The remaining starters went from 15 to now 12.

Kantos is based in france which is interesting because some starters look like they are french in essence. Such as Serperior which looks like it is meant to represent french royalty, Scorbunny repersents a soccer player, and if you know anything about soccer, french people are OBSESSED with it. For the Water starter, I had a harder time selecting so tbh even though i said I eliminated the kantos trio earlier I just have to add Froakie (But mainly for its final form, Greninja). It's badass, Game freak loves it, The fans love it. In fact it was voted the most popular Pokemon and the most popular starter back to back in 2020, Which goes to show how much the fans like it.

I hope y'all enjoyed my starter prediction!

Sableye out.

Last edited:
    Days
    • Age 16
    • He-Him
    • Hoenn
    • Seen yesterday
    Okay so I have three trios that i want based on a theme

Forms of entertainment
    Popplio (Singing) Sprigatito (Magic) Scorbunny (Sports, specifically football which is big in France)

And perhaps just overall themes of royalty or nobility because well, France
    Piplup, Chimchar and Snivy

And lastly, to quote Marge Simpson; "I just think they're neat."
    Inteleon, Chikorita and Incineroar
    Very similar predictions, We both are basing our predictions off of French Culture. I agree with your scorbunny theory, and Popplio is a good option but I feel like greninja is more likely for reasons I listed in my above thread. The marge simpson quote is smart ;) and I would like to see Inteleon and Incineroar, but unlikely the come in the game as starters. Instead of picking Sprigatito I picked Serperior because It repersents Napoleons Staff, and Royalty. Both are french enough, and So Is Napoleon.

So my predictions are: Serperior, Scorbunny, and either popplio or froakie.

Back