• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Steam Winter Sale 2015

Saragraph

Everything for the OST.
Years
  • If the leaks are correct, which they usually are, the Steam Winter Sale 2015 is going to begin in a few hours.

So what games are you guys going to get? Or if you're reading this after the sale has started, what games did you get?

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Might as well post this since it's basically a tradition by now.

December 22nd - January 4th
    The Steam Holiday Sale is Officially on!

Now before you go off to buy all those games you never got to, here are some things that you should consider:

• Keep a careful watch of the Flash Sale and the Community Choice. The Flash Sales last 12 hours and show deals for 6 games. The Community's Choice lasts 12 hours and is dictated by 3 sales that are put up for a vote. The game that gets the most votes will have a sale for a set amount of time, until the next Community Choice sale. Then, of course, there are the Featured Sales, which last for 48 hours.

• Don't jump to buy a game that is part of the sale simply because it's on Sale. The Flash Sale and the Community's Choice may yield a better discount than a standard Steam Sale discount. Patience can be your greatest tool when looking for the best deal. Watch for Daily Deals, of course, but Flash Deals and Community's Choice should take precedence, as they often yield the best discounts the sale has to offer.

• While the Steam Sale is nice, it may also be smart to look to other sites for better deals. GreenmanGaming, Gamers Gate, Nuuvem, G2A, and Getgames are just a few examples that always have incredible deals, so don't limit yourself. In fact, these sites often have competitive discounts specifically because Steam is having their annual sale, so they are certainly worth checking out. Having said that, keep the previous tip in mind.

• Put games on your wishlist. If there's a game you really want and you don't want to have to keep looking at the Steam Sale for a better deal, put the game on your wishlist so that you will get e-mails about deals for games on your wishlist. If you want a more immediate and versatile means of getting deals, isthereanydeal.com allows you to import your Steam Wishlist (or just search for games) and have deals from a plethora of trusted sites and Steam emailed to you. What's more, you can check the deal price against the lowest the price for that specific game has ever gone, letting you know if you're getting a good deal. The site is highly recommended.

As this is the first day, how things will pan out is unclear, but for now this is still a valid guideline if you really want to save money this Holiday Sale, and remember, if you see a tantalizing standard deal:
    Spoiler:

...is what I would say, normally. However, Steam, a few months ago, decided to do away with that model. No more Flash Sales. No more Community's Choice. No more Daily Deals. This sale's pretty no frills, with the only event going on being unique sale trading cards that are gained via going through your Discovery Queue. Which is to say, there aren't any going on. Granted, this doesn't mean there won't be any events, after all, at the time of writing supposedly only 179 titles are on sale.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • Sorry

The Steam Store is experiencing some heavy load right now. Please try again later.

;-;

EDIT: I CAN'T EVEN PUT MONEY IN MY STEAM WALLET WHAT IS THIS

Last edited:

Saragraph

Everything for the OST.
    Years
  • Looks like Valve is once again not prepared for the massive amount of extra traffic. Also, only 179? There are usually waaay more games on sale, right?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • There will be.

The number was accurate, but what often happens at the beginning of sales is that more and more games progressively go on sale and it doesn't happen all at once. I'd give it an hour or two at most for everything to be up.

After all, I'm already seeing some previously off-sale games getting discounted in my Wishlist.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I'm thinking about picking up Rake since it's so cheap. A lot of games I want have some awesome sales going on. Some worth mentioning is that you can get the Witcher Trilogy for a few bucks more than just Witcher 3, and you can get the whole Saints Row Franchise (on Steam anyway) for just 17 dollars!

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Haven't really picked up anything yet, unless we're counting a $1 bundle that, surprisingly, had 1 of my top 5 wishlist things in it. But I probably won't get a whole lot this sale. I think my backlog is plenty big as it is, haha.

I am a bit disappointed in myself, though. I grabbed Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition during the last sale but I never grabbed the first (the second went on a flash sale before BG1 did). So I planned to get it this sale and actually, y'know, play them. But now it's $12 on Steam. It was on sale for $6 on BundleStars the other day, I should've just grabbed it then. Silly me, I thought I could wait for Steam's sale and save a dollar, lol.

Back to the sale at hand!
    I do plan to pre-order Resident Evil 0 during the sale, for the silly bonuses, but that's not on sale, so :P
    Out of my wishlist, I'll probably shoot for:
    Dark Souls 2: SotFS, Castaway Paradise (it's like Animal Crossing on PC!), Armello (it's half the price on Nuuvem, if anyone else was looking at it), Kyn.. and maybe Victor Vran and/or The Talos Principle. And then sprinkle in a few horror games.https://www.pokecommunity.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Zet

Years
  • I probably won't pick anything up, but my usual recommendation for steam sales are the KOTOR games, and the Witcher games. Both are on sale at the moment. Witcher 1 and 2 are dated, but with each passing game the improvements are outstanding. And the trilogy pack is only $35(USD). Definitely something to pick up. And Witcher 3 was definitely deserving of it's GOTY award at the TGA that happened a couple of weeks ago.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Meh, even though I have a Steam account I don't really play much games on PC except Bindng of Isaac or LoL every once in a while. I did glance at the sale today, and I'd maybe get that Witcher collection or Risk of Reign for like $2. Also maybe Kingdom of Amalur for like $5 but I feel like that's a pretty common deal for that game nowadays....

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Okay so I think that sales are changing. Either that or they're adding more still. Yesterday I swear South Park: The Stick of Truth was not nearly as cheap as it is today. Awesome sale that I might actually jump on.

Years
  • I might pick up Skyrim for my PC, since I only have it on X360, as well as the first 2 Witcher games (my PC can't handle 3 yet... not sure if I'll get it for PS4 eventually or slowly upgrade the PC). I should pick up Borderland 2 too. And the Age of Empires bundle.

I'm gonna cry, so many games I want ._____.

GanguEevee

~Calamity Trigger~
    Years
  • I am currently that person who can't buy anything from the Steam sale because she is that poor, and is waiting for people to buy stuff for her. I don't mind if you don't want to buy anything for me. It's alright. But for those who want to give me stuff, here's the games/DLC I'm currently looking at:

• All DLC for 100% Orange Juice (All DLC packs except Sham and Sherry are 52% off, buying 4 of them cost $4.84)
    • Azure Striker Gunvolt ($7.49)
    • The Legend of Dark Witch ($3.74)
    • Both Suguri games (Separately, both cost $1.99, combined, apparently costs $3.98 through Google Calculator)
    • Hatfall - Hatters Gonna Hat Edition ($3.99)
    • Downwell ($2.00)
    • War of the Human Tanks (Original costs $3.39, ALTeR costs $7.79, apparently costs $11.18 combined)
    • Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds ($2.99, Kurisu costs $1.49, apparently costs $4.48 combined)
    • Super Amazing Wagon Adventure Turbo ($2.00)
    • RPG Maker DS Resource Packs for VX Ace (Original and DS+ both cost $5.99, Retro Sci-Fi DS+ Expansion costs $2.99, apparently costs $14.97 combined)
    • CrossCode ($13.99)
    • RPG Maker MV ($71.99. If you want to be even more insane and somehow REALLY like me, buy the bundle, which costs $110.49.)
    If you want to be even more insane, buy everything that I just listed here. It's probably gonna cost a lot. Again, it's fine if you don't want to buy any of the stuff I listed here, but that would be very nice of you guys to gift me stuff! :3 But for now, I'll be one of those people who's gonna cry in the corner and can't buy any of the stuff on sale. ;v;

EDIT: So, a good friend of mine actually bought me 2 of the DLC Character packs for 100% Orange Juice (Nanako and Syura, along with Alte and Kyoko), which I thank him for that. :3 Updated the price on how much it costs now for all DLC packs minus 2 of them.

Oh yeah, and if you want to be a very nice person, buy me Final Fantasy XIII-2. Or the Undertale OST. Really want them very much. Thank you.

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I'm just selling trading cards at this point. I really hope that someday I can buy a decent game from all the money I made by selling (mainly sale) trading cards. {XD}

Oh and I also bought the Humble Bundle, but since that's not Steam, it doesn't really count.

I also find it quite hilarious that the Legendary Edition of Skyrim with all the DLC costs less than Dragonborn+Dawnguard alone.

Other than that, I'd like to see Axiom Verge get a little bit of a better discount, because I'm fairly interested in this game.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 6, 2024
    As usual, my wallet is going through the intensive care unit. I bought quite a few games, maybe around 50 or more that I've been following on my wishlist and some now or never purchases. There are still about 10 left that I haven't bought but I think my wallet has had enough.

As for the games, Kerbal Space Program has been a lot of fun. I bought Azure Striker Gunvolt because I have it on the 3DS and I just love it, too bad it still refuses to start up though. The last purchase that I've tried so far is Sid Meier's Pirates, it's an old game that is actually still a lot of fun. I was surprised how well it has aged and how good looking it is even though it's a little more than a decade old.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I pre-ordered Resident Evil 0, as I planned to anyway so it didn't make much of a difference to do it now or after the sale.. and I figured, "Two more cards, yeah!" But it didn't quite work out that way. :Phttps://www.pokecommunity.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/
    MAN I almost got that for you, took me so long last night because I was deciding between that or the two games. :P

I haven't bought anything for myself yet, but I've gotten and gifted a few games. I got This War of Mine for White Mage, then Stairs and Ninja Pizza Girl for Dustmop. And from the two of them I got The Darkest Dungeon, The Long Dark, Castaway Paradise and Final Fantasy XIII, all of which I'm super excited to play, so thank you guys!

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I got Dying Light for myself, Yukari, Under_score and CarcharOdin, Carpe Fulgur Collection, Brutal Legend, Valkyria Chronicles™, Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 , Fairy Fencer F, Transistor, Agarest: The Complete Saga, One Piece Pirate Warriors 3, Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth3 V Generation, Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2: Sisters Generation and Overlord Ultimate Collection. There's still so much good stuff to buy though. :c

Saragraph

Everything for the OST.
    Years
  • So how is everyone dealing with all the issues that Steam has had for the past two days? I'm looking to get games on my friends' wishlists right now, but I can't do any purchasing right now because I can't continue on to get to the payment screen D:
    If this is anything like the problem I had, it should be fixed by trying to make the purchases through your browser and not through the Steam client.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Seems like Necrum was on to something earlier about South Park's mysterious price drop. ;)

I've noticed a few more "mysterious" price changes:

• AC Chronicles: China wasn't on sale at all - now that AC titles are front page news, it's 33% off.
    • Fallout 4 wasn't on sale at all - now that it's on the front page, too, it's 17% off.
    • Tomb Raider 2013 fell from 75% off to 85%.

Holding out on us until they get featured? Seems like the devs/pubs were upset about the lack of daily deals after all, and they're trying to circumvent it.

This is neat.https://www.pokecommunity.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Back