• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stuck in the middle with you

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
  • Middle names. Some of us have them, some don't. Which category do you fall into? If you have a middle name, do you like it? If you don't, would you want one? Finally - THE CRUCIAL QUESTION - would you give a middle name to any kids you may hypothetically have.

Or just talk about middle names in general. Answers that don't simply take my questions and answer them in a rote, list-like fashion will get kudos from me.

Aaaaaaaand go!

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
  • I have a middle name. :p Russel, named after my grandpa. I don't really tell anyone unless they ask. I would probably give my hypothetical kids a middle name. I'd just name them after somebody to respect that person, imo that's the best use for middle names, naming them after somebody.

Years
  • Yea I have a middle name :3 John. I kinda like it, it's a nice name and it goes well with the rest of my name I just don't like the nickname I picked up because of it when I was little xD
    I'm planning on giving my kid/s a middle name :3 I really want one to have the middle name Lee because of my dad x3

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017

My middle name is Nathan. I don't ever put it on forms or anything and most of the time just forget it exists. I don't really see the point of middle names tbh, it's never come of any use to me. I wouldn't bother giving it to any kids.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    My middle name is Michelle. I rather like my middle name. It goes well with my first name and last name in my opinion. Not sure why they decided to give me 'Michelle' as my middle name, but that's alright.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • Being amazing and all I have not one but two middle names! They're both incredibly common and boring but I quite like them. I didn't actually realise that it was possible not to have one, haha.

If I had kids... yeah I have a fair idea of middle names I'd like to give them.

...although as Vendak said, I don't see the point in them so much since it doesn't really appear useful for anything.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I have a middle name. It starts with a P and ends with an A. If you have me on Facebook you'd probably know it by now. No, I don't like my middle name. It's too common. I'd rather have a much interesting name than....the one I have right now. :P Or maybe just drop it altogether.

If I *did* had a kid, Yeah, I'd give him/her a middle name as well, because naming a kid with just one name is too short and doesn't make the full name interesting.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • ...I don't have a middle name. Never was given one, and I feel kind of special, because usually people don't like their middle names, but I dunno. I don't have one and I'm glad.

...But yes I would give my children middle names.

Years
  • The real reason to have middle names: to yell full names at your kids when they're really in trouble. :p

I have one; it was my great-grandma's name, who had died a few months before I was born. Apparently my dad wanted it used as my first name, but it's rare and tbh kind of an old lady name so my mom talked him out of it.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I have a middle name that I do not care for. See, my first name is my dad's middle name and my middle name is my mom's middle name. It's stupid. They were lazy with me, clearly. NO THOUGHT PROCESS IN THAT NAME. I plan on giving my kids middle names though, maybe two. Depends on how well it goes together. I like double names though, so I'd call them by both names probably. It's especially easy if they have a short middle name like Ray or Anne.

If I *did* had a kid, Yeah, I'd give him/her a middle name as well, because naming a kid with just one name is too short and doesn't make the full name interesting.

I agree. It's cute finding out someone's middle name, especially if it's heavily guarded and someone trusts you enough to tell you it haha. I like long names in general though. It's just more interesting, and middle names are mainly use to pass down names from past generations or someone of importance, it seems.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • I have a middle name that is pretty uncommon, lol. "Heman" No, not He-Man, Master of the Universe", just "Heman" pronounced "He-men" xD And actually, it has been pronounced, when read off a paper, "Herman" several times. I really don't know why. xD

Anyways, I do like my middle name, because it has been a family tradition to use Heman on the first male born into the family. Since I was the first, I got the honor! xD And yes, I will use middle names with my children. Obviously Heman, if I have a boy. xD

Physco

2+2=5
    Years
  • Bartholomew.
    Yes, really. I got the name from one of the Apostles.
    Yeah I know what your thinking.
    'What kinda hell of a name is that?'
    Dont ask me, I blame my dad.
    It feels like a punishment. Only about 3 people that I know (besides my family) know it.

Her

Years
    • Seen today

My middle name is Robin, as much as I hate it. Want to know why? It's fine on my own, but when you combine it with my first name (Christopher), it's Christopher Robin, which is what I'm technically supposed to be called, But anyone who does call me that drives me crazy, it's so childish and I hate being compared to Winnie the Pooh's clearly insane friend Christopher Robin.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I have a middle name (which I can't tell you in full except that it starts with R). I'm okay with it even though I wouldn't change it or get rid of it. And yes, I'd give middle names to my kids if I had them.

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
  • Yes, I do have a middle name, Trinity. Unlike most of this thread I really like my middle name, even if it seems a little unfashioned. I'm not changing it ever because it flows with my name D:

Yes, I do plan on giving any children I may have because I like middle names. My friend has like 4 middle names though. I only want to give one, maybe two if the father and I can't decide on a middle name.

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
    Years
  • My middle name I Paige. I really like this name. It goes well with my first name, Megan Paige. See? My mother used to be obsessed with Charmed 15 years ago, well she still is like me actually but anyway, she decided to give me my middle name after one of the Charmed sisters, Paige. It makes sense really.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • I don't have a middle name but I've always wanted one and I would so give a middle name to any children I might have in the future. Probably named after Gods assuming the mother of my hypothetical children is okay with it.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • My middle name I Paige. I really like this name. It goes well with my first name, Megan Paige. See? My mother used to be obsessed with Charmed 15 years ago, well she still is like me actually but anyway, she decided to give me my middle name after one of the Charmed sisters, Paige. It makes sense really.
    Uh, I'm sorry I know this doesn't really matter, but a little bit of Charmed fanboy rage just snapped inside my head and it won't let this slide :P You're 15, which means you were born in 1996. Charmed did not begin until 1998, and the character of Paige was not introduced until 2001, so if this is where your mother told you the name came from then she wasn't being truthful XD

Now onto the question!!

I do have a middle name, it's Jon. I don't know why my mother gave it to me or where it came from, but that's what it is. It's a little boring, but I don't mind it at all because I never use it lol.

As to whether I'd give a middle name to my kids, sure why not? There are so many great names out there, why waste a child by only using one of them? Sure, they're a little pointless, but does everything need to have a point?

Last edited:

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
    Years
  • Uh, I'm sorry I know this doesn't really matter, but a little bit of Charmed fanboy rage just snapped inside my head and it won't let this slide :P You're 15, which means you were born in 1996. Charmed did not begin until 1998, and the character of Paige was not introduced until 2001, so if this is where your mother told you the name came from then she wasn't being truthful XD

Now onto the question!!

I do have a middle name, it's Jon. I don't know why my mother gave it to me or where it came from, but that's what it is. It's a little boring, but I don't mind it at all because I never use it lol.

As to whether I'd give a middle name to my kids, sure why not? There are so many great names out there, why waste a child by only using one of them? Sure, they're a little pointless, but does everything need to have a point?

My mother does not like to tell me the truth it seams. I should know that it didn't air until 1998, I am obsessed with it, my stupid forgetful memory! Thank you for pointing that out.

Back