• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Summer 2014 Chart

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Here it is.

What are you going to be watching as it airs? Or putting on hold until it's done so you can marathon it later?

I'll be watching Ao Haru Ride even though I think the premise is quite strange ("Because she's cute, she was ostracized by her female friends in junior high" - what?) because a dozen people have told me to watch it. Not sure what else to pick up, though.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Hm, I liked a lot of the anime in the Spring Lineup but not as many for the summer. From that list I'll probably check out Rail Wars!, Persona 4 The Golden Animation,, Space Dandy 2 and of course Sword Art Online II. Oooh, Zankyou no Terror sounds interesting too.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    Summer is bland. There isn't much that entices me, but I'll make a list anyways.

Watching:

- Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Ilya Zwei: (yaaaay. Big fan of the manga, so it's a given that I watch this.)
    - Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance: (Big fan of the the light novel, so mainly seeing how well the adaptation will be. It will most likely be awful, but who knows.)
    - Sword Art Online II: (Phantom Arc is going to be cool. Mother Rosario is going to be a snooze fest. Also, MIYUKI SAWASHIRO <3)
    - Kantai Collection: ( I want my Haruna.)

Considering:

- Himegoto: (Trap central? uhhhh. I don't know.)
    - Persona 4 The Golden Animation: (Curious on how this is being handled story-wise.)
    - Rail Wars: (need to watch an episode or two.)
    - Space Dandy 2: (I'm definitely watching this. But, I don't know if I should just binge watch or follow it weekly.)
    - Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?: (ehhhhh. Another harem. Need to see an episode or two before I decide.)

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I might not really have a terrific internet connection in the next few months. Or one at all. But meh. If I wanted, I'd follow these:

Akame ka Kill (coz it has Lappy's seal of disapproval)
    Aldnoah Zero (coz Butcher)
    Ao Haru Ride (kinda interesting?)
    Sailor Moon Crystal (want to see the original. Might as well see the remake)
    Hanamonogatari (after seeing the rest of the stuff)
    SAO II (cuz trap Kirito)
    Zankyou no Terror (genuinely interested in this)

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
    Years
    There's some that I'll pick up. Can't guarantee that I'll keep watching all of them.

Aldnoah.Zero
    DRAMAtical Murder
    Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
    Majomoji Rurumo
    Psycho-Pass New Edit (story is good for another rewatching :D)
    RE:Hamatora
    SAO II
    Shirogane no Ishi Argevollen

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    Watching
    - Anything with HanaKana (covers P4GTA, Psycho Pass, Cencoroll 2, Hanamonogatari and Tokyo Ghoul)
    - SAO II
    - Akame
    - Ilya
    - Free because... Free

Too soon to pick something... But I still have more HanaKana anime than the rest... this could be a good season.

Years
    Already started looking at this from the beginning of the Spring season, and I've found several that I'd be interested in watching, including:

Ao Haru Ride
    Read numerous chapters of the manga, and it's a decent shoujo manga; not my favourite, but still good enough to warrant my attention. I'm normally not into watching shoujo manga that has been adapted to animation, but I'll give this a try. Oh! And Kaji Yuki voices the main.

Sailor Moon
    Been waiting for this ever since it was announced! Was disappointed when it was pushed back an entire year, but thankfully it'll be airing this summer. It's one of my favourite childhood anime series so seeing a remake of it seems interesting. Wonder how everybody will sound since I'm not familiar with the voice actresses that have been casted. Hopefully not too high-pitched.

Glasslip
    Spotted a bishounen in the poster so I was immediately attracted to it XD No other reason needed.

Other ones that I'm considering watching are: Tokyo ESP, Tokyo Kushu, and Zankyou no Terror.

Years
    I'm going to watch the first season of SAO soon so if I enjoy that I'll definitely be watching season two of it.

I will definitely watch the first few episodes of Rail Wars because the plot just sounds odd (even for this medium of entertainment).

I might give Glasslip a chance too, not too sure about that. If most people seem to like it, I'm sure I can watch it after the season has aired anyway.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
    Sole reason I'm going to bother with Rail Wars is the potential for some MULTI TRACK DRIFTING!

Aldnoah Zero looks to be a promising show considering the people working in it (Urobutchi, Sawano etc)

Akame ga Kill! also seems to a promising show according to maga readers who say its good.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
    There's this huge hype fest for Aldnoah Zero. Even some of my friends who've never watched anime before can't wait for it lol.

Hamatora 2 and Akame ga Kill yes yes yes!

Hanamonogatari. I'm excited about the idea of an entire series about Kanbaru.

Rail Wars and Blade Dance have nice art, so I'll take a look at those.

And SAO II. I hope it's as good as the first fourteen episodes.

Arc

Years
    What does ''doing an infinite stratos'' mean?
    Having the second season bomb. Unlike a regular bomb, it has to screw up so bad that people wouldn't want the second season to ever exist. Just so happens that the first season of Infinite Stratos was pretty terrible, so that should give you an idea on how awful the second season was.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    I don't recall the sales being bad and it was just as low budget/poorly produced as the first series. It was just more goofy harem antics, exactly what I signed up for. People watched it for more than that?

Arc

Years
    The sales were actually great, if I remember. I guess Char can move units.

It's more of the fact that series was just all harem antics. The second season had basically little to no plot progression. I'm not expecting an expansive story that will blow my brains out, but something that has a little more substance than girls cosplaying for an incredibly dense protagonist, especially when the series has a somewhat interesting setting. Of course, this is more of a problem with the source material, but IS2 is still derived from it.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Going into a mindless harem show and complaining when there isn't plot development is a new one. Going into the sequel suddenly expecting more is even worse. I guess I'll start complaining that my battle shounen aren't philosophical enough or when hentai don't have witty dialogue and beautiful animation.

Arc

Years
    That would apply here, if wasn't for the fact that first season had slightly more "fighting" than harem antics and a plot that was moving at least, if not slowly. Going into the sequel expecting more of that is at least warranted. Although, continuing the series after four episodes after realizing it would be all harem antics would be a mistake on my part.

Back