• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sun & Moon - The End?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
Years
  • I'm going to come out and say it, but I'm kinda baffled that people are looking at the "it all comes together" phrase like its nothing and that it should be ignored. I'm talking about in general, not about whether it means "the end" or not, which I don't think it does. But I do think that it means something more than just a few pass-and-go references to past games. They were in such a hurry to foreshadow these games in the early half of XY that it's not even funny.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • After watching some of the videos, they were talking about an Era of pokemon and not actually games, but honestly I still don't see it being an Era, for me, the first Era was Japanese based games and the second era was when they started with Unova and started going to other places. To me, that's an era. And it would make sense with Unova being a reboot.

Also they are making a live action pokemon movie, and although it will probably do pretty badly or get bad reviews, that, to me, proves that Sun and Moon is not the end. This includes Sony, Legendary Pictures and Warner Bros. were 3 of the main bidders for the rights of the movie.

And some people think Sun and Moon is being Hyped a lot, but XY and BW were all hyped as well. Sun and Moon just seems more hyped because it is the 20th Ann and old life is returning to the pokemon world.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I'm going to come out and say it, but I'm kinda baffled that people are looking at the "it all comes together" phrase like its nothing and that it should be ignored. I'm talking about in general, not about whether it means "the end" or not, which I don't think it does. But I do think that it means something more than just a few pass-and-go references to past games. They were in such a hurry to foreshadow these games in the early half of XY that it's not even funny.

There were also Masuda's comments about wrapping up XY in a unique way and even some about wrapping up OrAs. I originally thought that perhaps he was talking about a Z and Delta Emerald pair, but it seems that Sun and Moon might do that. Plus after OrAs had come out he made comments about having there being 'big ideas' which he wanted to share, but it wasn't the right time yet. I think it was all pointing at SM.

It seems that by 'Era' GF means generation.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • I don't see Sun and Moon being the end, unless they were the ultimate Pokémon games... By "ultimate Pokémon games", I mean, giving us what we've been wanting over the years.

I think "it all comes together" means that it will fill in the plot holes that were in X and Y and OR/AS.

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
    Years
  • Every single gen we have this conversation and every gen it doesn't happen.

Why can't "it all comes together" just mean that all of the cool ideas and all of the progress made comes together in the best game yet?

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • I honestly hope they end this with Sun and Moon as we already have enough Pokemon and we're pretty sick of this formula.

Pokemon doesn't even have to die. It could just get another story in future games, with no more pokemon introduced; instead they could introduce new features, better movepools and abilities and what not. They could start making games for the PC and Android/iOS/Windows Phone other than Pokemon Go so yeah.

The Pokemon anime needs to end, the manga isn't popular, and overall it just isn't what it was back when everyone and their mother traded Pokemon cards like you wouldn't believe it.

Yes, Pokemon needs a change. It doesn't need to die.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I honestly hope they end this with Sun and Moon as we already have enough Pokemon and we're pretty sick of this formula.

Pokemon doesn't even have to die. It could just get another story in future games, with no more pokemon introduced; instead they could introduce new features, better movepools and abilities and what not. They could start making games for the PC and Android/iOS/Windows Phone other than Pokemon Go so yeah.

The Pokemon anime needs to end, the manga isn't popular, and overall it just isn't what it was back when everyone and their mother traded Pokemon cards like you wouldn't believe it.

D:<
    I disagree with this for a lot of reasons, mostly just opinion.

1. Pokemon shouldn't end, it is a great franchise, and I'm sure if they stopped making new pokemon, a lot of people will drop out.

2. I'd prefer they stay away from phone games, that is one of the reasons I'm not getting pokemon Go. Phone games can be fun and all, but in the end they are a lot more limited then cartridge games. A lot of phones have about 8-64 gigabytes. A decent 3ds game would take up a huge chunk of that space.. Small scale side games are fine, but moving to phones would be a bad idea IMO.

3. The pokemon anime is still extremely popular, you should see the activity on that forum.

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2016
    D:<
    I disagree with this for a lot of reasons, mostly just opinion.

1. Pokemon shouldn't end, it is a great franchise, and I'm sure if they stopped making new pokemon, a lot of people will drop out.

2. I'd prefer they stay away from phone games, that is one of the reasons I'm not getting pokemon Go. Phone games can be fun and all, but in the end they are a lot more limited then cartridge games. A lot of phones have about 8-64 gigabytes. A decent 3ds game would take up a huge chunk of that space.. Small scale side games are fine, but moving to phones would be a bad idea IMO.

3. The pokemon anime is still extremely popular, you should see the activity on that forum.

Well to be fair Go is more of an AR/RL game over a regular phone game. Like it is a think that I can see a lot of people getting exercise from and forming groups like that Ingress game

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Well to be fair Go is more of an AR/RL game over a regular phone game. Like it is a think that I can see a lot of people getting exercise from and forming groups like that Ingress game

Yes, but I still prefer console/handheld. A lot of games just aren't as good IMO as normal 3ds games. (also the smartphone community is pretty bad IMO)

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Logstin has made two follow-up videos to accommodate with his "ultimate" Pokémon theory:

I honestly hope they end this with Sun and Moon as we already have enough Pokemon and we're pretty sick of this formula.

Tell me, were you one of those gamers who bashed Paper Mario Color Splash for not using the same formula as the first two Paper Mario games?

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2016
    Yes, but I still prefer console/handheld. A lot of games just aren't as good IMO as normal 3ds games. (also the smartphone community is pretty bad IMO)

I agree just saying that I'm not sure if GO should be classified as a phone game as much as a community app that is on a phone. Idk I think GO is more than just a phone game myself since I can see it being a big thing at conventions.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Logstin has made two follow-up videos to accommodate with his "ultimate" Pokémon theory:

Tell me, were you one of those gamers who bashed Paper Mario Color Splash for not using the same formula as the first two Paper Mario games?
    So, I'm currently watching the original "ultimate" theory. Some of those things I have mentioned in the past, so I kind of like the theory since it fits those links I had made together.

Alright, so I'm in the part where he mentions scorpio. I had theorized the third legendary as a scorpion at one point, but what I really want to point out is... Scorpio is the Astrological symbol going on when Sun and Moon are out...

Well I finished the original video. I can't believe that he missed that Platinum's alchemical symbol is a mix of the symbols of Gold and Silver, in other words it has the Sun and the Moon... Or how Diamonds are in-organic processes, while Pearls are formed through organic means. Or how Ruby can represent love (heart) and Sapphire can represent spirituality (soul), or even Rayquaza's connection to the sky...

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • And just like that, the reveal of Tapu Koko's identity brings this "ultimate" Pokémon theory tumbling down, because the four guardians played a key role in his theory.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2017
    Sun and Moon is the END

Ok. I need everyone to watch this video right now so we can have a discussion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrPKq4lk1NQ

its long (45 mins) but i promise by the end your mind will be blow.

What do you thing about this? do you agree or disagree? What would a reboot look like? Could it all really be this connected or is this guy literally just going crazy?

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Nobody leaves money on the table. It just doesn't happen.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Pokemon SM revealed Yungoos who're not native of Alola and brought in from another region to deal with another troublesome pokemon.
    However , We haven't any region with Yungoos before which mean it came from a New region that haven't been reveal Which confirm Generation VIII.
    Which also prove that Pokemon Sun and Moon can not to be "The End" since there is another mysterious region where Yungooes came from.

How did anyone miss that ???

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
    Years
  • While I believe that this theory is wrong, I don't think that saying Yungoos comes from a different region could mean anything. Game Freak is just saying that because that's what happened in Hawaii

Since Yungoos is the regional rodent, and, barring gen II, no regional rodent have been repeated, I find it unlikely that Yungoos will appear in another game. Although, with the recent amount of oldies that are available in new games, I find it plausible that he might get another appearance.

Majestic Electric

Raining on your parade!
    Years
  • The theory is interesting, but I seriously doubt Sun & Moon will be the end. Pokemon is a multi-billion dollar franchise and is extremely successful. Until the day Pokemon sells badly (which will never happen lol), I don't see it ending anytime soon.

Furthermore, as already stated but several people already, Yungoos' Pokedex entries talk about how it is not a Pokemon native to Alola and was brought there from another region to deal with the overpopulation of a another, more troublesome Pokemon. Notice how the region Yungoos is from is never mentioned by name, so it probably comes from a region we've never seen before (*hint Gen 8 hint*).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back