• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sun or Moon?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Now we know what the cover legendaries look like, has that changed your opinion on what game you want to get? Either way, which game WILL you be getting and why? :) Will you get one or both? Will you get them both on release day or space it out?

Sun or Moon?

I originally wanted Moon because I was like ok, coolest logo ever. But the legend, damn, she's absolutely terrifying. Definitely changed to Sun (and my bf will get Moon). What about you guys?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'll still be picking Moon. I think I prefer the Sun legendary slightly more to the Moon legendary, but not enough to change my decision.

Years
  • That Sun legendary reminds me too much of Pyroar, and while Moon's gives off a bit of Yveltal vibes (especially if it's Dark/Flying again) I still think it's more majestic so I guess I'll be picking Moon.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I'm not sure really =/

Kinda want more information on the games and the 2 legendaries before I decide. This isn't like a Black/White case where I look at one and am like "holy fucking shit I need this I'm getting that version".

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Sticking with my decision to stay with Moon! Also liking the legendary slightly more as well.

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
  • That Sun legendary reminds me too much of Pyroar, and while Moon's gives off a bit of Yveltal vibes (especially if it's Dark/Flying again) I still think it's more majestic so I guess I'll be picking Moon.

Im Moon too. The moon one looks like a bat, which is pretty freaking awesome. I don't think its Flying/dark though. Honestly, I am predicting Flying/Psychic

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • Aww! No Moon from Majora's mask for Pokemon Moons box art legend
    Now the the box are legend have been revealed I'll be get Sun.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • I'm going to try to get both versions, but I'll be prioritizing Moon out of the two. For one thing, Lunaala being a majestic bat is awesome, though I still love Solgaleo's design.

I'm just more partial to darkness, I guess, lol. Plus, thematically, Rowlet works better under the Moon than the Sun. c;

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    At first I was going to get Moon because I always end up alternating versions each generation.
    Then I was thinking of getting Sun because my favourite colour is orange.
    Now I'm back to thinking Moon because I prefer Lunaala. It just looks really sinister and majestic.

I don't dislike Solgaleo but there's something about it's design that I don't like as much. It's mane looks a bit strange.

(I'm assuming that's there names because the three starter copyrights turned out to be legit. Plus Solgaleo very clearly matches up with the Sun legendary. "Could" be wrong, but I think it's at least safe to call them that until told otherwise)

Years
  • I'm still mostly sold on Sun but the mascot legend for Moon almost made me reconsider. I love the concept and design... it's so cool. Really, I can go on forever about how gorgeous it is. But I think I'll still stick with Sun because... cat-like Pokémon master race, heh heh. <3 The temptation to get both is so real though!

Years
  • Sticking with my tradition of downloading the first version from the eShop at midnight on release day, so I'll be getting Sun first. I'll probably get Moon at some point, but when will depend on money.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I wonder what will be the 3rd legendary hidden. With the current legendary design I wonder which lore they are based off.

Years
  • Sun's mascot is bad in my opinion, so I think now I'm leaning towards Moon, though when the games were released my brother and I decided he would get Moon and I would get Sun. Hopefully he'll be willing to reconsider n__n;

Back