• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    :( *sigh*...I've really had enough of For Glory. Final Destination is so unbalanced, it promotes camping, and considering how many potenitally campy characters there are in the game, For Glory is a bad practice environment.

Was it Sakurai himself who decided to make it FD only and no Battlefield? Whoever it was, it was a bad decision, and one that really needs to be fixed.

Sir Codin

:( *sigh*...I've really had enough of For Glory. Final Destination is so unbalanced, it promotes camping, and considering how many potenitally campy characters there are in the game, For Glory is a bad practice environment.

Was it Sakurai himself who decided to make it FD only and no Battlefield? Whoever it was, it was a bad decision, and one that really needs to be fixed.
    Wait, how is Final Destination unbalanced? And how does it promote camping? It's just one platform in a void with no other platforms floating above it. Items are turned off.

It's just players duking it out using only the character's attributes and the players own skill with the character. The only cheap shots are the ones you imagine because you're a sore loser.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Wait, how is Final Destination unbalanced? And how does it promote camping? It's just one platform in a void with no other platforms floating above it. Items are turned off.

It's just players duking it out using only the character's attributes and the players own skill with the character. The only cheap shots are the ones you imagine because you're a sore loser.
    Final Destination is fine when it's one of the stages that can be picked amongst other stages like Battlefield, but own its own as the only stage it allows for projectile spam and is somewhat limiting in what can be done in the air.

Final Destination gives favour to certain chracters - Little Mac, characters with spammable projectiles, and others - so having it as the only stage that can be played in the online competitive mode of the game isn't going to help out.

Personally, Battlefield is my stage of choice, but FD is fine when there are multiple stage options. But in For Glory there aren't, it's just FD, and that places a limit on the dynamic playstyles that can be achieved with platforms.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019

Untrue. Historically in Smash Bros, a lot of characters actually have advantages over others in Final Destination. Battlefield is much more neutral. Contrary to popular belief, FD isn't all that popular in tournaments and is often banned for counterpicks. It's actually a controversial topic in the Melee scene.

A lot of characters benefit so much from platforms. It helps their mix up, approach, spacing and it especially helps characters that have no answer to projectiles otherwise. FD just favours characters that are fast with projectiles a little too much, so it can be unfair. It promotes camping this way because they can just run and spam projectiles with no safe way for the opponent to properly approach as a result if they're not using a character that has answers to those. (Top tiers, though even Peach does worse in Final Destination)

Final Destinations just removes options for a lot of characters. It's not to an overwhelming degree (otherwise it would've gotten banned), but it isn't really fair either.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Just about any stage favors certain characters, really. But I'll take Final Destination over **** like non-Omega versions of Find Mii or Mushroomy Kingdom any day.

I do agree though that Final Destination is very biased towards characters with good ranged capabilities (particularly Fox, imo). No it does not include Robin. Try spamming Thunder and Arcfire and see how far it gets you.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    This can't be good: https://smashboards.com/threads/sak...sh-bros-game-will-be-made-without-him.381232/

I fear that a new director won't follow the same philosophy as Sakurai's and would result in constant cuts, additional characters who'll upset the game balance, a dozen third-party reps, and non-video game characters. As such flak Sakurai is given from the fancies when it comes to character requests, as shown in some the posts in that link, at least he understands what play style works and what doesn't.

Aven

~:Official Beater:~
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022

Woah there buddy xD Just an opinion, not fact.

Aven

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    Wut Diddy Kong is top tier now?

Don't trust tier lists xD All characters are pretty roughly balanced, and in my opinion have just as much potential as any other character.

This can't be good: https://smashboards.com/threads/sak...sh-bros-game-will-be-made-without-him.381232/

I fear that a new director won't follow the same philosophy as Sakurai's and would result in constant cuts, additional characters who'll upset the game balance, a dozen third-party reps, and non-video game characters. As such flak Sakurai is given from the fancies when it comes to character requests, as shown in some the posts in that link, at least he understands what play style works and what doesn't.

I tweeted about it here https://twitter.com/AvenStarkiller/status/540993934856847361 This kind of news is very sudden and shocking to a lot of people, including me. But after thinking about it, this isn't as horrible as we first think :)

First of all, I think we can all agree that we don't want another Smash game if Sakurai's not making it, but we don't want Smash to stop right? Well I think that if another Smash game was made without Sakurai it would end up being like Brawl. Bad graphics, very slow and just a bad game overall. But even if Sakurai were still willing to make another Smash game, would we want him to? I mean honestly, what other characters do we want him to add? After Smash 4, Sakurai has went above and beyond, adding all of our dream characters like Pac-Man, Megaman and now Mewtwo is back :D But on top of all of that he's added great and awesome characters we could never think of, like Wii Fit Trainer, Robin and Little Mac. Plus, there's still Project M To keep adding new characters and just little things for us to play around with (So even if Dr. Eggman never got added you can still play as him later on and be fat and win xD) But now with DLC to fix any bugs or imbalances in the game should the community ever fight about it, instead of waiting years upon years and making a pile of bug fixes and imbalances in the game that's big enough to make two Earth's, DLC and updates can just fix those little things along the way.

Sir Codin

Palutena keeps mentioning SSB as "Super Bash Sisters" and I'm like "...that should be a thing."

An all female roster duking it out in their own game. Who should be in the roster?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    But even if Sakurai were still willing to make another Smash game, would we want him to? I mean honestly, what other characters do we want him to add? After Smash 4, Sakurai has went above and beyond, adding all of our dream characters like Pac-Man, Megaman and now Mewtwo is back :D But on top of all of that he's added great and awesome characters we could never think of, like Wii Fit Trainer, Robin and Little Mac.
    That's easy, just give us Dixie Kong and King K. Rool, and maybe Cranky Kong too, in order to complete the core DK cast, as well as currently being the only iconic Nintendo All-Stars who have yet to become playable in Smash. You've also forgot upcoming new faces such as the Inklings from Splatoon. And then there's the obligatory new Pokémon rep from the latest gen and new Fire Emblem rep from the most recent title.

An all female roster duking it out in their own game. Who should be in the roster?
    Peach, Dixie Kong, Zelda/Shiek, Samus/Zero Suit Samus, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Krystal, Jigglypuff, Rosalina, Lucina, Palutena, Lip, Ashley, Gardevoir, Robin, Brittney, Wendy O. Koopa, Daisy, Birdo (?), Impa, Pokémon Trainer, Viridi, Paula, and Fiora. That's all I could think of so far.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    King K.Rool needs to be in another DK game before he shows up in Smash. :V

At least Dixie was playable in the latest one.

Sir Codin

Peach, Dixie Kong, Zelda/Shiek, Samus/Zero Suit Samus, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Krystal, Jigglypuff, Rosalina, Lucina, Palutena, Lip, Ashley, Gardevoir, Robin, Brittney, Wendy O. Koopa, Daisy, Birdo (?), Impa, Pokémon Trainer, Viridi, Paula, and Fiora. That's all I could think of so far.
    Good choices.

I would also add Kumatora, Phosphora, Toon Zelda, Lana, Sheeda, Shantae, and Bayonetta.

For any third party guests, I'd pick Chun-Li from Street Fighter.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    King K.Rool needs to be in another DK game before he shows up in Smash. :V

At least Dixie was playable in the latest one.
    Ganondorf says hi. He hasn't appeared in a main Zelda game since Twilight Princess, with only his altered form, Ganon, briefly appearing in ALBW, and yet he wasn't cut.

At least King K. Rool's trophy still acknowledges him as the primary villain of the DK series.

Good choices.

I would also add Kumatora, Phosphora, Toon Zelda, Lana, Sheeda, Shantae, and Bayonetta.

For any third party guests, I'd pick Chun-Li from Street Fighter.
    Bayonetta and Shantae are third-party characters, so you'll might as well add them with Chun-Li, but since Sakurai expressed his refusal to add third-parties who originated from fighting games, resulting in making their movesets boring and predictable for him, you might as well replace her with Ms. Pac-Man.

Aven

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    Ganondorf says hi. He hasn't appeared in a main Zelda game since Twilight Princess, with only his altered form, Ganon, briefly appearing in ALBW, and yet he wasn't cut.

At least King K. Rool's trophy still acknowledges him as the primary villain of the DK series.

Bayonetta and Shantae are third-party characters, so you'll might as well add them with Chun-Li, but since Sakurai expressed his refusal to add third-parties who originated from fighting games, resulting in making their movesets boring and predictable for him, you might as well replace her with Ms. Pac-Man.

What? Really confused. Ganon is in Skyward Sword, A Link Between Worlds, and he's now in Hyrule Warriors. I have nothing against King K. Rool but even Yoshi's standalone series is more up to date then the DK series itself. Again, I respect any love you have for King K. Rool as a villain and even the DK series but you have to look at reality man.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Ganon was added when he was the main villain in the latest Zelda which came out very recently at the time

Cutting him right now would be stupid as hell, and even then your reasoning is flawed. Ganon is still prominent in the Zelda games, even if it's not his Ganondorf form.

Sakurai writes those trophies?

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Guess what game won for what category!

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Back