• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    I'm seriously considering having Robin as my main now; Robin looks pretty interesting, and seems as though there are loads of creative things you can do! But that's only first impressions from all his switching attack mechanics. Hm.

Rellek

Believe
    Years
    I agree. Robin looks pretty dang interesting. I hoped that if there was a Fire Emblem rep, that they'd put in anyone other than Chrom. And it's funny because it seems like they put in everyone BUT Chrom lol.

Lucina is everything I hoped for: a Marth clone that was female. Now I can wreck AND be beautiful. Not to say that Marth isn't beautiful, but Lucina's a little prettier, sorry :P

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I think I would've preferred Chrom to Robin, but I'm glad Fire Emblem is getting more representation.

I'd still like to see some really wild entries, like a few extra from Zelda (Fi? One of the new Hyrule Warrior characters?), maybe a few surprises. I'm sure we're going to get at least a couple shockers before the 3DS version is released.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today

We were all wrong about Shulk; MonadoMonday is lie! The tips have been scaled! The Gematsu Leak is dead! I was right about Chrom not being "the" main FEA character, and Zekrom got his wish on having Lucina playable. Adding to that, Captain Falcon is back, but we already knew he's coming back anyway.

asdfasfdashgfaskgfdaskghkhgdfhgjhgaslf

HOLY. ♥♥♥♥. I was not expecting this at all. This just made my ♥♥♥♥ing day. Now I HAVE to get a WiiU.

I can't believe that we got not only Lucina, but both male AND female MU Robin. I wasn't expecting any more FE characters after they revealed Ike, and if they were gonna put one more in, I thought it'd be Chrom. Which, is he playable, or is he just part of Robin's Final Smash? And its about time that they revealed Captain Falcon.

bet you Spino isn't gonna be happy about this

Also, who're you guys gonna main in this one? I have so many on my list now: Lucina, Ike, female Robin, Luigi, Charizard, Greninja, maybe Peach and Lucario.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I think I would've preferred Chrom to Robin, but I'm glad Fire Emblem is getting more representation.

I'd still like to see some really wild entries, like a few extra from Zelda (Fi? One of the new Hyrule Warrior characters?), maybe a few surprises. I'm sure we're going to get at least a couple shockers before the 3DS version is released.
    Super Smash Bros. Discussion

bet you Spino isn't gonna be happy about this
    hey in fairness i actually-
    crap

I was completely expecting an Awakening rep and wanted Chrom, so this was a kick in the face lol. Robin is ok but screw Lucina.

And I finally got a veteran that I actually use! DK was the only one till now lol. Lil Mac is the only newcomer I want to use.

Reactions: Nah

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years

Fi isn't going to be playable, because she's been confirmed as a trophy from April's Smash Direct.

Speaking of which, Remember those trophies used for the trophy quizzes? There's been speculation going on that they foreshadow newcomers for the franchises they're from:

Spoiler:

So far we've got FE newcomers in the form of Lucina and Robin and a KI newcomer in the form of Palutena, which means we could get a new Zelda rep (possibly Ghirahim since he got lucky at making another appearance in the upcoming Hyrule Warriors) and a new Metroid rep (Ridley perhaps?).

I wasn't expecting any more FE characters after they revealed Ike, and if they were gonna put one more in, I thought it'd be Chrom. Which, is he playable, or is he just part of Robin's Final Smash?

He's been confirmed to be Robin's final smash.

ShiningHelioptile

Powered by Netflix
    Years
    While I was hoping for Shulk to be revealed, I'm not at all mad with these choices. I'll probably try out both of these characters, particularly Robin. I'm still hoping for Shulk though.

I'll probably main the following: Zelda and Peach, as usual, Rosalina and Luma, Kirby, Robin, Wii Fit Trainer (maybe), Villager (maybe), and Greninja. Of course this could change when I actually get the game.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
    #MonadoSomeday xD

I was expecting Shulk too, but I'm okay with this, I wanted these characters in the game as well. So far, Lucina seems like an exact clone of Marth. Though I'm sure there will be differences like with the other clone characters. She appears to be faster than Marth. Sucks that Chrom isn't playable though, but I'm glad he's at least part of Robin's final smash.

And how about that blue flame for Ike? They did it right!

That Gematsu leak is beginning to look more and more true (either that or a REALLY good prediction). Though I won't 100% believe it until I see those Chorus Men. Keep in mind, the leak mentioned nothing of playability, just that the characters would appear in the game. :P

I also make it a habit to attempt to main every character (lolneverworks), but I've definitely decided on maining Greninja, and continuing with maining Samus.

So far we've got FE newcomers in the form of Lucina and Robin and a KI newcomer in the form of Palutena, which means we could get a new Zelda rep (possibly Ghirahim since he got lucky at making another appearance in the upcoming Hyrule Warriors) and a new Metroid rep (Ridley perhaps?).

I'm glad you now see him having a bit of a chance. xD

GoldfishHorde

Whoa! A horde of Goldfish appeared!
    Years
    I'm not exactly a Fire Emblem fan, so I was just like "Meh, they look cool." during the trailer. I'm really hoping for some characters from franchises closely associated with Nintendo, like Maxwell from Scribblenauts.

isthatyoudan

doesn't work well with others...
    Years
    I have not been on top of new characters for this. I like what I see here, though!

WHAT THE? STOP THE PRESSES! Someone said rhythm heaven chorus kids? I would like to see that. Really, I would actually. But if you think about rhythm heaven characters and their fighting skills, I'm sure other characters would have more skill. I mean, there's a wrestler and a karate master, for goodness sake! Well, I guess they aren't as recognizable from the series.

I end up trying every single character anyway, so I probably won't even be biased by what characters I like (well, after the first few days of nothing but Kirby wears off). I'll probably frequently use the characters with the attacks that go best with my playing style.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
    I'm not exactly a Fire Emblem fan, so I was just like "Meh, they look cool." during the trailer. I'm really hoping for some characters from franchises closely associated with Nintendo, like Maxwell from Scribblenauts.
    I'd say Scribblenauts and Fire Emblem are about equally associated with Nintendo, seeing as they're both third-party Nintendo-exclusive franchises.

I don't recognize either of the new Fire Emblem characters, and it's kind of weird that they haven't shown what the real differences will be between Lucina and Marth; they look really similar so far. She even has the same hair color, for crying out loud.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I'd say Scribblenauts and Fire Emblem are about equally associated with Nintendo, seeing as they're both third-party Nintendo-exclusive franchises.

I don't recognize either of the new Fire Emblem characters, and it's kind of weird that they haven't shown what the real differences will be between Lucina and Marth; they look really similar so far. She even has the same hair color, for crying out loud.
    Actually, Fire Emblem is a 1st-party Nintendo franchise, but since you and GoldfishHorde admitted to not being FE fans, it's understandable to make that mistake. Maxwell, on the other hand, Pac-Man has already took the spot as our 3rd third-party rep, considering back in the pre-Brawl days, Sakurai would only allow 3 at a time.

That Gematsu leak is beginning to look more and more true (either that or a REALLY good prediction). Though I won't 100% believe it until I see those Chorus Men. Keep in mind, the leak mentioned nothing of playability, just that the characters would appear in the game.
    The Gematsu leak was already proven wrong the moment Chrom was disconfirmed as a playable character.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
    Actually, Fire Emblem is a 1st-party Nintendo franchise, but since you and GoldfishHorde admitted to not being FE fans, it's understandable to make that mistake. Maxwell, on the other hand, Pac-Man has already took the spot as our 3rd third-party rep, considering back in the pre-Brawl days, Sakurai would only allow 3 at a time.
    So it is. You learn something new every day!

Smash Bros. is kind of like a weird litmus test for how hard certain franchises are being pushed. Fire Emblem and Pac-Man have definitely been getting more attention in recent years.

Years
    I'm not liking Robin really even though we haven't seen all of his moveset. :s

also has anyone else watched evo 2014 or is it just me? cause there is so many highlights especially the awards :(
    press 1

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    WHAT THE? STOP THE PRESSES! Someone said rhythm heaven chorus kids? I would like to see that. Really, I would actually. But if you think about rhythm heaven characters and their fighting skills, I'm sure other characters would have more skill. I mean, there's a wrestler and a karate master, for goodness sake! Well, I guess they aren't as recognizable from the series.
    Yep, they're looking extremely likely at this point. <3 There's even a Rhythm Heaven enemy in Smash Run, a mode where all enemies so far bar RH actually has a character.

The Gematsu leak was already proven wrong the moment Chrom was disconfirmed as a playable character.
    It's not wrong, it's just not completely right and outdated, and we knew that ever since what Sakurai said about Greninja at the roundtables being a placeholder initially. There's been numerous examples of leaks being partly wrong but still mostly right. (Street Fighter x Tekken and Pokemon X/Y)

Stuff changes during development. This only means that Chrom was supposed to be in, but changed to Robin later in development. Chorus Kids and Shulk are still very, very likely. It just means we shouldn't treat leaks as gospels.
    also has anyone else watched evo 2014 or is it just me? cause there is so many highlights especially the awards :(
    press 1
    Hungrybox did so well beating Armada TWICE and almost resetting the bracket. All odds were against him after being sent to losers, but he was so close. I was rooting for him to take this. :/
    And I really don't like Mang0 lol
    I'll miss Prog

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    I'm going to really miss Prog - his speech the other was like, amazing but I wish they could of toned down that Melee music during it. ):

EVO 2014 was good though! (don't hit me but I actually like Armada's Peach so I was rooting for him and--)

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I would rather a player sponsored by EMP to not be near winning against anyone.

Armada and M2K should ditch EMP. It's ran by a madman.

Back