• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

swearing

Years
    swearing

do you use "naughty" words often? what's your opinion on swearing in general?

Sirfetch’d

I swear a lot actually both online and real life. I just don't have much of an opinion on it because to me they are just words. Descriptive words but words nonetheless. I tend to swear a lot though when I am at the battle server or playing online games because I get frustrated when losing :x

Sirfetch’d

I swear more often online than I do in real life. IRL, I try to cut the habit, unless I'm talking to like, close friends or something. Online I swear pretty casually, but I know how often I should swear and if I'm going a bit too far (not that I ever really swear too consecutively, anyway).

Lies. She swears like a sailor and I have logs to prove it! Can't fool everyone Derky :<

Sirfetch’d

okay I may let an f-bomb drop here and there and maybe one or two other swear words but it's not that bad. :(

Yeah it's okay. You have probably seen me swear worse LOL

Lumina

Lucid Melody
    Years
    I use swears just like any other word in my vocabulary. Why would I say something like "shoot" or "frick" when "shit" and "fuck" work just fine? Using nicer, more "acceptable" words in place of swears makes the entire sentence feel forced and stupid, especially when it's painfully obvious what the swear being replaced is.

but like
    im not going to be that asshole who's just going to swear up and down regardless of what people feel
    if you dont like me swearing when im talking to you then fair enough i wont
    but i'll probably also talk to you a lot less because i hate having to actively force myself to not say certain words
    try not using the word "and" for a week and you might get me
    doesn't seem like it'd be that big but when you hit somewhere when the word "and" would be perfect it's a bit of a stumbling block

Years
    I never swear irl. Well actually I used to when I was younger, but as time's went on I've grown more mature and I don't swear anymore. Although even so I'm still fine if other people swear. I have a friend that hates when people swear and like whines when they do, but I don't see the problem with that. To each his own right?

Years
    I swear a lot when I'm with my family or my friends, it just makes the atmosphere more informal and I like that. I can control myself in formal settings, but I'd rather not have to if possible.

Online, I find it pretty difficult to type as I talk unless it's an IRC - I keep reading over what I've typed when posting here and it seems wrong to say things inappropriate.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    i swear whenever i'm excited. might drop one or two if i'm grumpy.

but if i'm actually pissed, my swearing will just.. cease. it's all the same in real life and online.

Years
    I try not to used such words in mixed company if I can help it, since I won't know who would be offended by their usage and I'd rather not do that, but if I'm alone or around people who don't mind swearing theeeen

Yeah, out come the words. And what words I use are proportionate to how mad I am, by that I mean things like the f-word which usually I'll just use occasionally for emphasis, but if I'm upset then ohhh will I start saying a bunch of them.

So yeah, when it comes to swearing in general, I usually don't mind it, either from me or from anybody else.

Yukari

I don't curse in real life. ...Online sometimes it's about every other word.

According to Dustmop that's "Silly."

Years
    Yeah I cuss a lot, and it's a terrible habit. I do often try to keep it limited on this forum though, but if it's on somewhere crazy like Tumblr then yeah I love to throw the F-bombs and who knows what.

Regumika

So Graceful
    Years
    I don't swear online or in real life. I don't particularly mind it. Other people swearing it's actually pretty funny to me because I automatically replace the curse word with the definition of the word.

F*** this piece of S***

^Oh really? I didn't know you had that kind of fetish. I want to see that. *noms popcorn*

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
    the only time i swear i think is when i'm mad or something funny has happened and i'm describing it.
    my little sister swears a lot...she think it's "cool." teenagers.

Sir Codin

It doesn't really offend me when people swear. In fact, it offends me when people swear and then apologize for swearing in front of me, because it makes me think they're treating me like a child.

Back