• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Talk about your hair

Lucid

I already said it can be damaging if not done or maintained properly, but that certainly isn't a health issue. Look into it yourself. If you're concerned about the smell from the lighteners in box colors, don't sit an small inclosed bathroom while the color is setting, the directions usually warn you to be in a well ventilated area. There's not much about this to debate, I mean it's not bad for you.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2016
    My hair is Blonde, pretty long and straight. I love brushing my hair all the time. I use Pantene Brand shampoo/conditioner when washing my hair.

Lady Grimdour

Gifmistress
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2016
    you forgetting about the bleach that murders your hair and certainly can cause health issues?~_~​

I bleach my hair whenever I go a different colour, it's fine. Some people are allergic, some aren't. My most intense session was going from black to bright orange in one sitting and my hair was still healthy.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • I bleach my hair whenever I go a different colour, it's fine. Some people are allergic, some aren't. My most intense session was going from black to bright orange in one sitting and my hair was still healthy.

doesn't mean it is not bad for you to put bleach on your skull often {XD}

i don't understand how people can say its ok and alright and not damaging at all

as far as i know, for my whole life, it is what everybody says incl hairdresses themselves, IT IS BAD and i have seen so myself what it does to people their hair when they do it so very often
    a lot of people their hair literally dies basically and becomes ugly as hell.... well uhuh because what else you do expect if you keep mixing your hair with chemicals

we all know that bleach is heavy stuff and unhealthy chemical ♥♥♥♥
    if it wasn't.... then why is it recommended to wear gloves when you work with it etc.

ANYHOW
    enough about it
    it is clear that a lot of people just don't care and want to dye their hair often anyways
    and that doesn't surprise me but thats ok
    your life, your body ^_^

now lets talk colors
    Spoiler:

omg beautiful much
    so jealous of these girls

Lucid

doesn't mean it is not bad for you to put bleach on your skull often {XD}

i don't understand how people can say its ok and alright and not damaging at all

as far as i know, for my whole life, it is what everybody says incl hairdresses themselves, IT IS BAD and i have seen so myself what it does to people their hair when they do it so very often
    a lot of people their hair literally dies basically and becomes ugly as hell.... well uhuh because what else you do expect if you keep mixing your hair with chemicals

we all know that bleach is heavy stuff and unhealthy chemical ♥♥♥♥
    if it wasn't.... then why is it recommended to wear gloves when you work with it etc.

ANYHOW
    enough about it
    it is clear that a lot of people just don't care and want to dye their hair often anyways
    and that doesn't surprise me but thats ok
    your life, your body ^_^

now lets talk colors
    Spoiler:

omg beautiful much
    so jealous of these girls

Just putting a color into hair actually make it fuller and stronger because of the added layer of pigment. This doesn't require bleach. And it's not the bleach your protecting your hands against, it's the color which stains. No amount of you going lol it's super unhealthy ♥♥♥♥ makes it true. You have no basis for saying so other then you say so. lol. Why don't you do some research yourself and actually learn about what you're putting on your head. Anyway. :)

Lucid

What does drinking bleach have to do with dying your hair? You're being really ignorant and argumentative just because I pointed out that what your saying isn't true. You're starting to derail from the topic and be insulting at this point.

Reactions: noa

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Hey guys, let's make sure that we're being civil and not going completely off-topic just because someone doesn't agree with what you think. We want to keep this forum a fun place.

To put this back on track: my hair is almost as long as it's ever been and it's getting really dry as a result. I know I need to trim it so it can get longer, but I don't want to make it shorter! I also want to go back to my natural dark color. All the old highlights I got are coming through and the sun has made my hair look light brown in a lot of places.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Dandruff is one hell of a problem.

My hair is short, straight, and black. There's this one shampoo I use that makes my hair kinda feel smoother.

Dandruff, though. Agh.

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
    Years
  • I usually just put hairgel in it in something between a pompadour and a quiff that's a bit spikey.

I used to have thick really long hair several years ago which was really wavey and almost reached my hips when stretched out. But it was really annoying to maintain.

After I cut it I sometimes put it in a short mohawk (without cutting it on the sides) but I stopped doing that a year or two ago.

As for color, my hair is naturally brown, but with hairgel in it it appears black.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    This sounds like a shitpost, but I'm completely serious: I'm planning on growing my hair out at least as long as I possibly can. I remember I was forced to cut it short some odd years ago because it was kind of a pain in the ass to maintain, but I think, looking back, I had 0 idea how to maintain it properly in the first place soooo...might as well give having long hair another shot.
    ^ Literally the only other person I know to existence that shares the same hair type as me. Our hair is a pain in the ass to deal with and style, lmao

To put this back on track: my hair is almost as long as it's ever been and it's getting really dry as a result. I know I need to trim it so it can get longer, but I don't want to make it shorter! I also want to go back to my natural dark color. All the old highlights I got are coming through and the sun has made my hair look light brown in a lot of places.
    Hair grows from your roots! If you truly don't want to make it shorter and are just concerned about the dryness, try putting beneficial oils in your hair for its needs.
    --

Through my years of struggle, unwanted haircuts, and bad products, I finally have a pretty strong relationship with my hair and how to take care of it. About three years ago I switched all of my hair/skin products to mostly animal cruelty free/parabens/sulfate free lines. Though right now my issue has been the dryness of my hair as well, because of the summertime and heat. My hair is also naturally curly, and I usually straighten/style it once or twice every week (though not lately, because I use the summer to take care of it while I'm mostly just at home). Usually I try DIY hair treatments/masks twice a month, and make sure it's moisturized weekly. I trim/cut my hair myself when needed, and I also dyed it not too long ago. I don't trust hairdressers...or anyone, if you're not guy tang. :B My hair is my bebe, idc

might as well throw in some photos of it, the lighting wasn't so great in the 2nd one woops
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
    Years
  • My hair is long and thick. Currently a sad mix between blonde and ginger. I am getting it thinned out and cut into a super cute shoulder length style soon and I can't wait :3

Years
  • My hair is a thick, curly dark ginger mass that will consume your soul if you get too close to it. I really need to get it cut lol. It looks like the drawing in my sig does, but scarier.

JOBO

o/_\O
    Years
  • My hair is dark brown with red highlights throughout (naturally). I'm always asked if I dye my hair or add red highlights. The bad part is the slight red in my hair comes with the other ginger qualities :/ I sunburn pretty much instantly and the strongest sunscreen in the world doesn't do anything for me. lol

Crystal Berry

[span="text-shadow: 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.12); font
    Years
  • I have sleek brown hair that's naturally pretty straight. I don't use dye on it, although I would love to get it highlighted some day. My hair also grows pretty fast, so I have to get it cut every few months to keep it manageable lol

OliviaGrey

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2017
    I want to have long hair since my childhood. Unfortunately, I have thin and shoulder-length hair. My hairdresser advised me to buy hair extensions with natural hair. I received my order yestarday. Now my hair looks incredible. PS I use only natural russian hair 'cos it has the highest quality.

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2018
    You know, I've never got my hair dyed before. My hair is dark brown, though I'm having an itch to get such a striping effect:

Do you like it ladies and guys?

Back