• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Talk about your hair

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2017
    My hair is at about the middle of my back. This is probably the longest it's ever been. I like having short hair but my hair is wavy/curly and doesn't look too good short >_>

I wanna do something wild, like dye a chunk some crazy colour, but I can't make up my mind.

Years
  • I use to have longish hair that was to the middle of my back but then I got it cut off to donate to make wigs.

That's great. I did that a couple of times, too. Really takes the trauma out of getting a really short haircut knowing it's for a cause.

Reunilu

of the Eastern Skies
    Years
  • My hair is really dark brown, wavy, thin, a bit of a split end mess no matter when I get a hair cut (because Idk how hair care works at all) and a couple inches below my shoulders. Originally it was a big poofy mess that wouldn't look pretty unless I took a vacation nowhere near a humid city like mine, but then I got a straight hair perm over a year ago and now it's looks like it can take humidity and it's awesome. <3 I'm trying to grow it out a bit, but only so much that it reaches a little under my chest.

Crystal Berry

[span="text-shadow: 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.12); font
    Years
  • Oh my gosh I never donated my hair.. I feel guilty about this sometimes, so maybe I will consider donating mine when I decide to chop a large chunk of it off.

I'm probably going to grow it out a few inches more so that it reaches down to around my tailbone / hips, and then I'll get around 20 or so inches chopped off leaving me with like a medium bob cut.. xD I've always wanted to donate my hair but never got around to it. @>@

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • Dark brown, straight, thick, about collarbone length. I'm planning to grow it out until I get tired of it (I want it to go below my armpits at least), at which point I'll just donate it away. But I will never again have it short as in short (as in, the front bangs wouldn't reach past the eyebrows, which is how I used it for my entire life except for the last two years). Makes me look like a dork.

I have been using a conditioner for the last year, so it doesn't get shitty and bent and broken and knotting all over the place. And the results are being pretty pleasant.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    That's great. I did that a couple of times, too. Really takes the trauma out of getting a really short haircut knowing it's for a cause.

I might try it again next year because I try to let my hair grow out during the winter to keep the back of my neck warm.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I'm always so jealous of people that can dye their hair fun colors. I'd have to bleach mine and I'd like to avoid doing that. Have you done other colors before? Dark purple sounds really cool.
    Ah, my hair is actually a medium brown but I decided against bleaching it for the same reasons. That's why it came out so dark! But honestly, I really love it. I've added more color since my first post, and it's this really nice, subtle (if you can imagine that!) deep violet. Like it looks black normally but when it catches the light you can actually see the purple.

Gosh, I've probably done every color except green and white. I had an.. interesting teenage phase before finally deciding to go natural for a while. This is the first time I've dyed my hair an unnatural color and cut it radically in probably close to a decade! But I admit it's a lot of fun and luckily I'm in a career that accepts side-shaves and purple streaks, lmao.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I just cut my hair and I hate it and I don't want to leave the house.

The struggle is real and first world over here.

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    no one ever sees my hair's true form but it's black, kinda poofy and very very curly. i usually always flat iron my hair but i've been wearing it in it's natural state and i'm loving it.

Lucid

I wish I could of donated my hair when I cut over 12 in of it off in November, but it was suuuuuper damaged from years of dying/styling/not cutting, jus taking bad care of it in general. It's pretty short now, the longest parts don't come to my chin, but I really like it! It's getting darker as I get older, it's almost black, not quite straight and I'm getting some gray, but it's really healthy right now ;s

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2016
    I feel like I change my hair color a lot! XD I had brown hair at the beginning of January last year. Then I changed it to red and then blonde and by December I had chocolate brown hair. A few months ago I had blonde/caramel highlights on light brown hair. As of now, I have long hair that reaches my belly button with layers that are of a dark cinnamon red/brown auburn color (:

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
    Years
  • My hair is brown, I usually put hairgel in it so it's pointy. With the gel it looks darker than it actually is, more black.

When I had long hair (I once let it grow for over 4 years and it was about half a meter long), it was really wavy. I also wore it in a ponytail.

Cariad

world.search(you);
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    curly & fluffy mess, extremely thick, currently worn just below my shoulders w/o a fringe. i'm not sure what the colour is exactly, kind of a mix of light brown and dark blonde with some faded blonde highlights; hoping to dye it soon! ideally, i'd like a pixie cut, but with how curly my hair is it won't work out.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    curly & fluffy mess, extremely thick, currently worn just below my shoulders w/o a fringe. i'm not sure what the colour is exactly, kind of a mix of light brown and dark blonde with some faded blonde highlights; hoping to dye it soon! ideally, i'd like a pixie cut, but with how curly my hair is it won't work out.

That sounds pretty similar to my hair and I completely understand, I'd loveto try a short pixie cut too but I just don't see it being compatible with all the curls and fluff.

Lapis

✿ Flower Child ✿
    Years
  • I prefer to keep my hair at least past my shoulders. I look terrible with short hair. I like dying my hair whenever I can afford to but my color choices are limited because of my work. My hair is very thin and flat which makes me sad because curling my hair takes so much effort and t never lasts long. I also have that weird thing that requires me to shower everyday unless I want greasy hair. Ugh.

Years
  • I must say that my hair is fantastic. I don't do anything to it, and it looks respectable. Go thick, wavy, Asian hair. I usually shampoo and condition with Fructic Garnier and then switch to cheap hotel shampoo, so I can stretch my money and keep my hair soft.
    I let my hair grow out every year before getting 10 inches cut off to donate (and get a free haircut in the process.). And that's literally it.

I wish I could dye it, but I'm 1) too fickle to find a color that I like 2) too cheap to buy dye 3) too dumb to figure out how to dye and 4) too late in life to think of dramatic fashion changes. Job interviews...

Also, someone told me that if you have super oily hair, you can put babypowder in your hairline at night and comb it out the next day.
    Also, does anyone do the baking soda once a month to get their hair shiny?

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
    Years
  • My hair at the current moment is a dark brown (used to be black, but despite the color stating it was "permanent" it came out within two weeks, boo) with some random red/orange/yellow streaks. Before I dyed my hair a blackish-brown it was red to orange, sadly my hair's not long enough yet for any super cool hairstyles (wanted to do black roots, then red -> orange -> yellow, but I don't have enough hair rip).

My hair is also incredibly weak, mostly due to the fact that I bleached it a little too much and have some split ends, but I'm working on babying it back to health by using coconut oil shampoo/conditioner and mom helped trim an inch off a few days back. I've colored my hair just about every color you can think of, the only thing I haven't done is galaxy hair.

I plan to soon (hopefully for my birthday, 8/11, depending on how my hair is) get my hair done pastel pink, with rainbow pastel tips. Primarily pastel green, blue and purple, but I might try to get pastel yellow and orange in there too. It took me a while to decide what I wanted but that's what I want. * y * I actually can't find any reference pictures of the hairstyle but I'll be sure to take pictures once it's done.

Jiggling Jigglypuff

I'll Sing Ya To Sleep
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    My hair is long, thick, and in the morning can look like a total rats nest. It takes an awful long time in the morning after to my shower to brush it and get it to tame a bit. I should get it cut some, but I feel it is a part of me and every time I seriously think about a haircut I get sad.

Back