• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"That is so fetch!"

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    Is there a word or words (it can be a phrase) that you say a lot? I don't mean a motto, but just a certain word or words you catch yourself say a lot.

Years
    My favourite was when I was I think 7 I used "wick" as a shortened version of wicked, to mean awesome or cool.

But I suppose I find myself simply saying "disagree" when I disagree with something, not I disagree, just disagree.

I also do the whole "uh huh, mm, yup." when I'm ignoring someone or know that I've won a conversation. It's always exactly the same and I don't know where I got it from.

Years
    I say "what I'm trying to say/get at is" a lot when I'm explaining something and going on a tangent/explaining too much.

Years
    "Y'all"

I'm from the south, so I say that all the time. And online, I use words like "dafuq" and "owait"

Years
    I probably do this a lot...

I frequently find myself responding to people with "Something like that." I'm not entirely sure why though.

I also tend to find myself saying "That went well" in a sarcastic manor when things don't work out well.

[Insert Whatever here] is a fairly common one from me online.

But basically, common or stereotypical sarcastic remarks leave my mouth a lot... oh and so does the word pie.

Sirfetch’d

I am not sure if there is a phrase that I say a whole lot maybe other than OMG, but then again I never really think about these things. I tend to swear a lot these days so there is that.

SetheKing

"Ignore him, for he...Yeah, he's dumb."
    Years
    I have plenty, but mainly it is:

"Oh well." or "Whatever" - My way of just saying I don't care enough to be bothered. I also have a habit of giving a short sarcastic clap, even when I'm genuinely applauding and not just being a smartmouth.

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
    Years
    I use "like", "sorta", and "kinda" a lot as interjections, which makes me sound like a Valley girl. Then again, they don't use "bloody" a lot as well, and "mate", and "aye", and "strewth", and "alrighty", and "no worries", and sometimes "exactly", etcetera.

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    Whenever I mean to say that someone will be okay, I'll say that person is golden grahams. I have no idea why. Example: "Once I get my money, I'll be pretty much golden grahams"

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I have a really bad habit of saying 'geez' a lot, when I get frustrated, out of habit I just throw it on the end of a sentence really quietly. Except sometimes people hear that and then the outcome isn't too pleasant. Online I find myself using the phrase, I don't give a damn, way too much. That or pineapples are cool. Its just my random catchphrase? I don't even know. Oh and I find myself saying hello a lot, online and offline. I literally get swallowed by people waving and saying hi, hey, hello at school and stuff like that. But I guess that's a given. :p

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    Time to answer this myself. :)

I say the "rather" alot I don't it rather really fits a lot of sentences and I can't think of much other words to use in some situations. I also tend to use word along the lines of "meh", "gah" , "eh" and "ah" alot. I guess sometimes it's easier for me to express anger or discontent that way with a simple word than anything else. Lastly I love using "fantastic" often. I don't know why, but I just really like the word and can't help but use it to describe something really great.

TY

i say "goshdarnit" a lot... Always when someting goes wrong (and that happens often), i say it instantly. Also i say "biscuit" for the same reason...

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    When I'm telling a story, I usually say "Then I was like," or "And I'm, like," and make a face. I don't say it intentionally, but my friends find it pretty funny.

Years
    I say "indeed" and "I seez" with a Z often whenever I have an agreement with one's statement and understand a point, respectively. There's an unknown reason why I admire those words so much.

Back