• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The accent challenge

Taemin

move.
Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Wow, surprised this thread got to so many replies. XD It's cool, though.

Here's mine. Pretty sure I said a bad word once or twice, that's just how I speak, so I apologize.
    Didn't say anything ban worthy that I can remember, also I sound pretty sarcastic through the entire thing.

https://vocaroo.com/?media=vrQVks0vrQUHHPBgn

Back to listening to other people's now. XDD I enjoy this thread.

Edit: re-listening to it.. when I come back from grabbing the book I say "Good on ya", Australian expression.. It's not very audible, so FYI.

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I was told to do this

So...here's mine. I'm surprised that my Mexican accent wasn't all jumpy like other times. But meh, yeah, here's my accent/voice/recordedthingy. I recorded using the voice recorder from my phone, so expect superior quality. :D Enjoy. :P

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Megan and Jared sound adorable <3

Mine's a video, deal with it.
    Spoiler:

Also I think i missed a couple of words cause of distracted scrolling.

Last edited:

Althea

[For Sale]
    Years
  • *groans*
    I just can't resist these things, even though I hate the sound of my voice and how fuzzy Vocaroo makes it D:

Fine...

...I'll probably get cold feet and delete this entire post later. xD

Buttered Coat

I AM BUT A COAT.
    Years
  • It took me at the very least 7 tries to get this done, and I still messed the final one up a bit (I stuttered a little whilst reading the book passage X3).

Years
  • Alrighty. Here's my shot. The tinny mic on my laptop isn't perfect, but it's alright:

https://vocaroo.com/?media=vo9zwSnQznNwzuBc7

I don't think I have a strong accent... but I tend to stick to the script too much when I have one and I'll speak more formally. Give me a chance to redo this when I'm in a casual mood, so my accent will sound more Aussie. :D Requests are fine, if anyone has them :D

Last edited:

BareBones

The kids are all messed up.
    Years
  • EDIT:...I'll redo this. I'll make a video. For some reason the microphone quality is much better on a video. Give me about twenty minutes to upload it.

Okay, here it is. I'm not amazing with forums so have a link. Warning: My accent is horrible.
    I've only recently gotten out of the bath, so I apologise for not being entirely presentable.

Last edited:
    Years
  • This be mine, I guess?

I'm not much of a literature reader, so pardon me at the passage part XD

I also combined multiple mp3 recordings of myself doing the challenge split up in Audacity, so you will notice the breaks and pauses :\

BareBones

The kids are all messed up.
    Years
  • I have a habbit of watching videos and pushing the mute button then watching them again later, well I was listening to radio paradise, and your lips were moving perfectly to the words, now I shall never get that image out of my head. I just had to point this out, that is all. Also, your accent isn't that bad.

If you were wondering what the song was it was: Martha Wainwright - Factory

That's quite amusing. If only I could actually sing.

And thank you.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    YES I FINALLY GOT TO DO THIS.

I have a cold/flu thing so um. please don't judge my voice too much, I promise I don't normally sound that bad.

https://vocaroo.com/?media=v4v813KDvbj4dyeNi

edit: jfc the audio is almost as bad as my voice. sorrrrrrry D: maybe i'll re-record when i'm on my own computer later this weekend.
    I did re-record now that I have my own mic/laptop. it's quiet this time hahaha because my voice isn't back yet.

Last edited:
    Back