• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: The Anime Chat Café

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
Years
  • He meant the Japanese, since the dub only changes opening on a yearly basis.

I thought it was a per series basis :D

XY and XY&Z dub only had one OP a piece

While the original had 3 variations of the Volt! and Mega Volt! with a couple of variations with Mad Paced Getter.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Is this confirmed to be real? I don't believe it's real tbh, guess we will have to wait and see.

According to some of the tweets it is real because it is someone named Iwane's Twitter. I don't know who Iwane is, but looking at it, it looks real.

I can't see anything debunking it to be fake right now other than maybe just extremely early. Although we are finally going to the second island, I would say that will be a while.

3 seasons is what I am expecting since the Switch Game isn't supposed to come out till 2019. That is about the right amount of time for 3 seasons.

Next season might be the start of the Skull arc and then maybe last season is the Aether Arc.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    It would be nice to see something one of the producers, writers, whoever said about why they created new characters besides Ash and Team Rocket instead of using the originals. I just don't get it, other than they didn't want the movie to be a total rehash of season 1. At least they show Ash's companions at the end in the credit to acknowledge the show's history, but still it's just weird that a movie to celebrate the franchise's 20th anniversary and the show's beginnings is barely true to the story.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    If they wanted to completely just rehash the first few episodes than that's what they would do as a special. I can understand why they wouldn't want to do that for a full on movie. I'd like to see the actual movie before criticizing their choices. And a cameo with everyone who was important and helped Ash along his journey sounds better than trying to shove them into the movie somehow. Nothing good can come out of that.

Years
  • Another new piece of stuff relating to M20 is the director Kunihiko Yuyama being interviewed for a magazine about why the movie is what it turned out to be:

Spoiler:

So there you go, it was initially planned to be an all-star cast (aka all the previous companions supposedly meeting up with the SM group) but unfortunately a case of Executive Meddling changing it to a retelling of Ash's story so that the newest generation of kids watching get to know how Ash and Pikachu met. That's why they have left us with the mess that everyone is salty about. They only cared about the target demographic when making this movie.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • It would have been a bigger mess to have all the characters and the all star Pokemon of each human.

I'm not surprised the idea was brought up but ultimately put aside in favour of M20s premise.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • So there you go, it was initially planned to be an all-star cast (aka all the previous companions supposedly meeting up with the SM group) but unfortunately a case of Executive Meddling changing it to a retelling of Ash's story so that the newest generation of kids watching get to know how Ash and Pikachu met. That's why they have left us with the mess that everyone is salty about. They only cared about the target demographic when making this movie.

And this is a problem how? A couple of my Disquis friends and I were just commenting about how the anime fanbase is being too salty about this news because we understand the need for target demographics.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    I don't think it would've been good to do an all-star cast for the movie. There's no way they could properly fit everybody in so it makes sense and they get at least somewhat equal screentimes and roles.

Quick programming note for the dub- This Saturday's new episode on Disney XD is airing at 8:30am eastern rather than 9. It will be on again at 9 next Saturday though.

Years
  • Another note for those watching Sun & Moon on Disney XD. There will be a break week on August 12th due to a marathon of the new DuckTales series. SM026 will be airing the week before that, on the 5th.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • Blam. Blam. Blam. Blam.

These are Japanese spoilers for those that only watch the English dub.

Spoiler:

I can't be bothered to post them in the relevant episode threads :)

Years
  • Spoiler:

Back