• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Count To Infinity - v12

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    242 261

I did see a therapist a few years ago, but it turned out that the solution, for me, was medication (antidepressants) ^^"
    My take is that a therapist should work for you to "reprogram" your brain if you manage to see them for, say, 5 years every week, but if you feel you cannot handle your current situation for five years, then medication should work better. At least it did for me ^^"

Years
  • 242 262

It depends on the issue as well. When it comes to some disorders, meds aren't the best. Also, some data show that some disorders are better treated with therapy over meds. Then, it's all a matter of choices and one person's own situation.

Last edited:
    Years
  • 242 263

Not really a psychiatrist/therapist, but as a child the school talked my parents into sending me to some institution once a week.
    I was 'different' from the other children, so obviously instead of just accepting it the school suggested trying to correct it.
    It did open me up a little bit towards others, but after like 2 or 3 sessions I already realized they weren't going to be satisfied until I was entirely like the 'normal' children. I just flat out stopped co-operating. Which naturally had them contact my parents. Unfortunately for them, my parents were already not that comfortable with sending me there so they just backed me up instead 😁

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    242 264

I probably could use a therapist of some sort. But like I said: the system is broken and the only way to get one these days would be to do an off attempt and fail by getting noticed in time. Apart from all my previous attempts failing, if one didn't then nobody would be there to find me, anyway. ^^"

Years
  • 242 257

I wonder how hard it'll be to become an illustrator🤔

Depends on how much AI destroys that field over the coming years I guess 😔

242 263

Not really a psychiatrist/therapist, but as a child the school talked my parents into sending me to some institution once a week.
    I was 'different' from the other children, so obviously instead of just accepting it the school suggested trying to correct it.
    It did open me up a little bit towards others, but after like 2 or 3 sessions I already realized they weren't going to be satisfied until I was entirely like the 'normal' children. I just flat out stopped co-operating. Which naturally had them contact my parents. Unfortunately for them, my parents were already not that comfortable with sending me there so they just backed me up instead 😁

The school should have wanted everyone else to be like you. The world would be a much nicer place my friend.

242'265

I can't recommend seeing a proper therapist/psychologist enough. Either way, I hope things turn out well for you. :(

Seconded. A good therapist is priceless. A bad one however...

242 266

My cat is all the therapy I need :coolcat:

Cats are the best therapy ❤️

242 240

Confusionism! Joking, I'm already a certified master in that.
    Seriously, psychology.

All the best!!! I know you'll be incredible at it. Just don't let anyone confuse you and remember to give me your number

Cid

Years

I remembered this thread existed because of A Trip to Infinity. I hope everyone's having a good day.

Years
  • 242 270

Had a shorter than usual workday and ended up using it to open my remaining gen 9 boosters and putting all the gen 9 cards I have into a binder.
    Took a lot longer than I would've liked =P

Years

I've been thinking about getting back into Pokemon recently. I fell off around the Spring of this year after being really into it through most of 2022/early 2023. But I'm considering picking up White 2 and doing a full replay for the first time in several years (I sold my original copy to GameStop in 2020, which was admittedly not my greatest decision).

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    242 272

I'm so used to modern Pokemon that when I went back to play Platinum for the first time it just really frustrated me how slow that game is. It also felt very empty for some reason.
    I think most people also only seem to like it for the postgame. Coincidentally, the postgame is the least interesting part of Pokemon games for me, too. They just usually and for me at the credits.

Years
  • The newer games are certainly more user friendly, but I still love rattling around Kanto and Johto in Gens 1/2. Still great and very enjoyable games imo.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    242 276
    those games mandated grinding if you wanted strong teams. fun as an adult but not so fun as a kid
    Something I appreciate about RBY is that it's so broken that it's easy to figure out a way to beat those games without much need of grinding.
    Like, just by exploring everything the games have to offer I usually end up with a party around level 45. That's more than enough to beat the league.

Years

It's so fun to boot up RBY, put on some cheat codes and just screw around trying to break the game in any way possible. That's how I found that that you can softlock the cutscene with Oak by using a walk-through-walls cheat to enter Route 1 from outside the intended path. The game still triggers the event (I imagine it's coded to start once the player reaches a certain Y value on the map), but it doesn't have a path for Oak to follow. Leading to the game softlocking.

Years
  • 242 276

Something I appreciate about RBY is that it's so broken that it's easy to figure out a way to beat those games without much need of grinding.
    Like, just by exploring everything the games have to offer I usually end up with a party around level 45. That's more than enough to beat the league.

Tbf Gen1 was so busted that 1 decent Psychic pokemon was usually enough to beat the game...

Gen2... not so much!

Back