• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The cutest animal is...

Years
  • What's the cutest animal of all in your opinion?

It's critters by the waterside that capture my heart, the marine mammals, sea birds etc like dolphins, puffins, baby sea lions and belugas.

My favorite of them all though has to be the penguin.

If you need anymore confirmation of how precious penguins are, know that penguins are loyal, monogamous animals that even "propose" marriage to each other, or so I have read. The male Adelie and Gentoo penguins look for the smoothest pebble they can find by the sea shore, and offer it like an engagement ring to the female penguin he hopes will become his mate. If she accepts his gift the pebble will lay the foundation for the nest where she will lay eggs, gradually more and more pebbles will be added to it. How can you resist penguins?

Must viewing is March of the Penguins. Emperor Penguins are some of the most gentle and devoted parents in the animal kingdom, the way they stand together shielding their eggs and chicks for weeks and months against the bitter cold is really something to see.

So I love penguins. What about you?

Years
  • I love ocean friends!! Sea otters are so cute and so are seals. Whales are just amazing now matter how you look.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Hmm ... I want to say dogs or cats since we've more or less bred them to be cute.

Still, if we're considering the wild animals in general, I'm partial to bear cubs myself. They're literal teddy bears, after all.

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Well, obviously the cutest animals are puppies.
    byesies-puppy-gif.gif

They're absolutely precious and everyone who said cats is objectively wrong.

But in terms of wild animals, one of my favorite animals and probably one of the most beautiful animals is the wolf. And their pups are freakin scruffy and adorable and goofy. For anyone interested in some really cute and calming wolf videos, I'd recommend heading over to the Wolf Conservation Center channel on YouTube.

tumblr_mecvskqV4R1rig7vyo1_500.gif

latest

Who can forget how cute sloths are? Sure, sometimes they look a bit like demons, but that's part of their charm.

tumblr_om0mmvUY1G1vz3ohpo3_r1_500.gif

hqdefault.jpg

And... Okay look just hear me out, but: spotted hyenas. My favorite animal. It makes me sad how vilified hyenas are. They're like big, aggressive puppy-dogs (yes I know they're in the feliformia classification but I think we fucked up there cuz they're definitely more canine). And a hyena momma is not one to be trifled with. She loves her little babies. If you wanna watch hyenas being cute pseudo-doggos, you should head over to The Lion Whisperer on YouTube. He gets up close and personal with a small clan of hyenas and they're all absolutely adorable and full of personality.
    Can't say anything about the lions, though. I don't like lions so I don't watch those videos, funnily enough considering the name of the channel.

iu

iu

iu

pkmin3033

Putting in an appreciation post for sea bunnies:
    Spoiler:

Back