• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat [2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
Years
  • I glance at my post count every once in a while, but I don't keep up with it like I did before. Once I hit 1000 posts, I sorta lost interest on how high my post count was, heheh. Now that I think about it, the only time I've noticed my post count recently was when the Episode/Clip Request thread was deleted, cause I noticed I had lost like, 150 posts. D:

Years
  • Meh, I really don't care about my count. I noticed I'm getting sort of close to 2,000, but I'm not going around spamming to get to it. >:

When I get there, I'll get there.

I'm like that, except I'm waiting for 10,000.
    ...I can't believe I posted that much. D: Ah, well. It was fun posting around, so I guess I don't really regret it. <3

I look at it every once in awhile but kind of forget where I'm at five seconds later. I might do a search to see how high I am on the post count list, but only out of sheer curiosity... like right now. I didn't even count to see how high I was; I just looked at it and went "oh, top 30. Quite a few members that have more postcount. Hm."
    I only really care about my postcount when I have a nice even number, and even then, it's like "Oh look, 9500 posts!" and I forget the next day. XD;

The only thing I'll be upset about that's related to postcount? That I can't beat this 10,000th post. I bet mine's going to be lame. D:

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    I know, I thought I didn't care but...

I guess the urge to want to care about post count again came back D:
    If you want to defeat Jorge, good luck with that. At least he knows a lot about anime, manga, and Japanese culture in general and is perfectly willing to share his knowledge with us. That's his justification. What's yours?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Well basically, I have alot to offer such as... my... counting skills.

Okay, I get your point, but I wasn't talking about beating him... I know how impossible that is >_> But what I'm saying is, I want to reach close to the impossible because achieving something that's nearly impossible can break down personal barriers or something complicated like that. I'm not even sure what I'm talking about, but, like counting, I want to get around the highest...

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • X3 Ah yes.. Matt got 10,000 posts? Wow.. >D What a feat, eh?

I stopped caring about postcount long ago X3; and I think it would be impossible to beat Jorge, too~ :3 And I see him on the active section <3~ WHY HELLO JORGE!~

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    I stopped caring about postcount long ago X3; and I think it would be impossible to beat Jorge, too~ :3 And I see him on the active section <3~ WHY HELLO JORGE!~

I dunno, I'm not terribly active anymore, so it probably...yeah, it may be a while. I haven't been that active for over a year and no one has really come close.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • If you want to defeat Jorge, good luck with that. At least he knows a lot about anime, manga, and Japanese culture in general and is perfectly willing to share his knowledge with us. That's his justification. What's yours?
    I don't see your justification for that post, to be honest. Just because someone isn't as Japan obsessed as someone else means they have less right to post as much? Maybe the person is just talkative, interesting, witty, funny and generally good to chat to? Jorge does an insane amount of knowledge on most things Japanese, but the majority of his posts came from just holding normal conversations.

And last I checked, this wasn't a Japanese culture forum. And this is Other Chat. All of the anime, manga and other Japanese stuff that infests the DCC is ridiculous. That plays a large part in what kills this thread. It alienates anyone who isn't obsessed about that stuff. There's already a Japanese Entertainment section here, keep all that stuff where it belongs.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I dunno, I'm not terribly active anymore, so it probably...yeah, it may be a while. I haven't been that active for over a year and no one has really come close.

Haha X3 You never know~
    Maybe you'll always be in the lead, Jorge~

In a way, though, I'm glad that you don't spend as much time here~ .O. THERE'S SO MUCH ELSE TO DO IN THE WORLD~
    ;_; It.. really is such a sunny day outside today~ I took my dog a long walk and it was nice and breezy and warm and beautiful <3

Years
  • Isn't the next closet person to Jorge Andy? He's Like 6k off. Jorge's postcount has gone down more over the years than it has gone up. He finds ways to lose post rather than make them. Haha.

It really doesn't matter though.

I wish I could take my dogs on a walk. They are spazes. It's funny though cause they are super small dogs but act like they are great danes or something.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Isn't the next closet person to Jorge Andy? He's Like 6k off. Jorge's postcount has gone down more over the years than it has gone up. He finds ways to lose post rather than make them. Haha.

It really doesn't matter though.

I wish I could take my dogs on a walk. They are spazes. It's funny though cause they are super small dogs but act like they are great danes or something.

Great Danes are really gentle, actually :3 There's one on my street named Hugo~ He's such a sweetie!!

Yeah, then again, Andy could take the lead. He doesn't really do anything else but be on here anyways, so it's pretty possible~ Hehe~~

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I don't see your justification for that post, to be honest. Just because someone isn't as Japan obsessed as someone else means they have less right to post as much? Maybe the person is just talkative, interesting, witty, funny and generally good to chat to? Jorge does an insane amount of knowledge on most things Japanese, but the majority of his posts came from just holding normal conversations.

And last I checked, this wasn't a Japanese culture forum. And this is Other Chat. All of the anime, manga and other Japanese stuff that infests the DCC is ridiculous. That plays a large part in what kills this thread. It alienates anyone who isn't obsessed about that stuff. There's already a Japanese Entertainment section here, keep all that stuff where it belongs.

Agreed. I mean, the amount of times I read this thread to see people talking about some random anime I've never heard of is riddiculous. Maybe we should ban them permanently!

Yes, that was a joke, for the people with no sense of humour or unable to read emotions through the internet.

Oh, and while I'm here, I give you The Thud Experiment.

link.

Interesting proof to add to my belief that American psychiatry is mostly fake and used to make money. These people prey upon the fears of people and make them think it's their fault because they're freaks, they have a disorder, they're not sane. "But don't worry, these drugs will make it better" =>_>= no, all they do is pacify you and tinker up in the attic. I took the damn things for a year and a half at least and I've never been the same.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • I really don't see how you can still care about it when you're over 10,000.
    What other goal could you be shooting for? o.o
    Me, I'm shooting for 20K... I'll get there one day. XD

Isn't the next closet person to Jorge Andy? He's Like 6k off. Jorge's postcount has gone down more over the years than it has gone up. He finds ways to lose post rather than make them. Haha.
    I think he lost posts due to the DCC recount. And I might catch him, who knows.

Yeah, then again, Andy could take the lead. He doesn't really do anything else but be on here anyways, so it's pretty possible~ Hehe~~
    And that just shows how little you know about me.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I really don't have a goal. I must admit that I probably should have more posts.

My first 5 months at PC, I was too shy and afraid no one would like me or I'd get ignored and I just avoided the DCC like a plague.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • I've never really thought about a goal for posts o_o I guess... 3k would be a good one. I've always posted a good amount until I started to loose interest in like... January of '07, and for a few months I barely even touched PC. But when D/P came out I came back to PC, and have been here since <3

I never really posted in the DCC much until like... August of last year. Every time I came in to post there was a different topic, and I never felt like I could keep up XD;

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I really don't have a goal. I must admit that I probably should have more posts.

My first 5 months at PC, I was too shy and afraid no one would like me or I'd get ignored and I just avoided the DCC like a plague.

I was the complete opposite. XD; I dunno, I just kinda... barged in the conversation. I didn't actually think maybe I'd be annoying as hell or anything like that. XD; Hope I'm not. :x

Besides, I've met some super cool friends here. XD;

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I actually probably have a lot more since I spent my first entire year here posting in member fanclubs anyway XD; But post count isn't a real big thing with me. I mean, it's cool when it's an even number like "1,000" or whatever, I don't obsess though.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • My post count just kind of happened... -has the most out of all her friends- D':
    I've always been on and off with PC and me posting around. It had a lot with me being lazy on and off.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back