• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat [2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
  • :/ Hmm I don't really know the difference of TVs..
    Like which one's a plasma? Is it the flat ones? :/ I think we have a plasma in the family room. It's hooked up to our Wii :/ We don't have a PS3.
    We have digital cable downstairs and regular cable upstairs ._.

And infraction sounds like a medical term.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • I don't have digital/HD satellite. But I did get a 37" HDTV to play games on. I do hope to upgrade from normal satellite to HD.

And as for Kingdom Hearts... if anyone hasn't played the series they should!

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • :/ I don't like satallite.. My cousins have it and it takes so long to load and finding the right channel gets really confusing sometimes :/.. But if there's no cable in the area then I guess that's the best choice ://

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • You're kidding right? O_o
    Because around here cable = crap, where satellite = good.
    Satellite is fast loading, has a guide (sort of like TV Guide... but better), has clearer picture, and so on and so on.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I have satellite, an HD receiver in the basement and two regular receivers for the other two floors. :D Surfing through the channels was hard at first because of all the channels I had, but now, it's sad, 'cause I've memorized half of them.

EDIT// My satellite runs kinda slow... like, there's a one second delay when you press a button on the two regular recievers. The HD one's awesome, though. They're all by the same company, but the regular ones... are kinda lame. :/

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • You're kidding right? O_o
    Because around here cable = crap, where satellite = good.
    Satellite is fast loading, has a guide (sort of like TV Guide... but better), has clearer picture, and so on and so on.

Meh :/ That's weird.. because Satellite here is like.. glitchy and get pixellated sometimes and it gets all laggy.. and digital cable is the one with the good guide and the clearer pictures :/

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    And infraction sounds like a medical term.
    An infraction is a violation of a rule or regulation.

Infarction is the medical term you're looking for; it describes tissue death due to inadequate blood supply. Myocardial infarction is the default cause of death for people whose names get written in Death Notes unless the users specify otherwise.

As for the subject of satellite vs. cable, I essentially concur with Andrew. In the United States, satellite is usually the better choice.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • An infraction is a violation of a rule or regulation.

Infarction is the medical term you're looking for; it describes tissue death due to inadequate blood supply. Myocardial infarction is the default cause of death for people whose names get written in Death Notes unless the users specify otherwise.

As for the subject of satellite vs. cable, I essentially concur with Andrew. In the United States, satellite is usually the better choice.

I know what infraction means, thank you. And yes, that's why I said that the word sounded like a medical term.
    Regardless, thank you for that little discovery-channel moment. I enjoyed it <3

:/ Meh, I still prefer my digital cable box <3

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • I have satellite, an HD receiver in the basement and two regular receivers for the other two floors. :D Surfing through the channels was hard at first because of all the channels I had, but now, it's sad, 'cause I've memorized half of them.

EDIT// My satellite runs kinda slow... like, there's a one second delay when you press a button on the two regular recievers. The HD one's awesome, though. They're all by the same company, but the regular ones... are kinda lame. :/
    That's sad (as in... sad) because with my satellite you can set up a list of channels you want. I also have like... 500 or 1000 channels (I forgot how many) but I only watch a few, so I have my own list of channels I watch.

Meh :/ That's weird.. because Satellite here is like.. glitchy and get pixellated sometimes and it gets all laggy.. and digital cable is the one with the good guide and the clearer pictures :/
    Sounds like Cable here... that's strange up there it's backwards from what we have here. XD

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • That's sad (as in... sad) because with my satellite you can set up a list of channels you want. I also have like... 500 or 1000 channels (I forgot how many) but I only watch a few, so I have my own list of channels I watch.

Sounds like Cable here... that's strange up there it's backwards from what we have here. XD

Maybe some of us get satellite from american companies and the distance is what makes things all glitchy and slow :/
    But my nonna gets some Italian channels that actually air in Italy through our digital cable box and they all run perfectly fine .___.;;
    And yeah, you can set a list of channels here, too. We just have the basic one though. We can also get like "On Demand" where you can like.. pause, and rewind TV. It's pretty cool, actually. And you can also say what program you want to watch and they can put it on for you on the Demand channel ._. *Shrugs*

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • The whole "Pause, back up, go forward" thing around here is called a DVR.... we got a DVR and I don't see how I lived without.... I mean it's just one of them things that I can't live without (not that I have it).

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    That's sad (as in... sad) because with my satellite you can set up a list of channels you want. I also have like... 500 or 1000 channels (I forgot how many) but I only watch a few, so I have my own list of channels I watch.

Oh, I have that, too, but... I just never use it, for some reason. :/ I don't know the exact number of channels I have, but I only watch a handful, so it's not a problem for me to have a list. I'm not a big TV-watcher anyway.

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
  • That's sad (as in... sad) because with my satellite you can set up a list of channels you want. I also have like... 500 or 1000 channels (I forgot how many) but I only watch a few, so I have my own list of channels I watch.

I only watch like 10 channels 0.o
    My grandma gets tons of channels, though I was scared of some of the things I found in there o.0

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    How long was the title like that? o.o

I hardly watch TV anymore, but I have over 1000 channels so I really don't see the use for me having TV.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back