• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat [2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
  • Ahaha, yeah I had classes during the summer this year and... let me say I never wanna do that again. <_< I think I attended my algebra class like 15 times all term. And most of the time when I attended it it was because I had stayed up all night doing an assignment and only went to class because I'd hand it in the early morning. And those days? It was a miracle if I stayed awake through the whole class. :| And of course every other day when I didn't make it to class, I was sleeping in.

Thus, while I was picking my courses for next term starting in January? I made sure ALL of them were at or after 11 AM. I just can't do mornings. :C

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • I took summer classes, but there I had the other extreme, in which my classes were ending at 9 in the evening. Though they started at six, so I had the whole day to do whatever I needed/wanted. ^^

Years
  • Now we're talking about Summer Classes?

Ok this summer I took HS Chemistry so I can take BOTH AP Bio for Grade 10 and AP Chem for 11th. ^_^ It was easy as heck AND fun. =P I could go read Bleach for 30 Minutes almost everyday XD

Renneh

I know A Bot
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2009
    Birthdays are great when you're young. Your parents let you have a party and spoil you for the day. When you grow out of the cute and cuddly age, birthdays are basically the same as most other days of the year, with the exception of the fact that you're handed money by relations and close friends.

Well, that's my experience of them, anyway.

That is my experience too.

I done crazy things for my birthday like treating my parents to a 13 mile bike ride when they generally don't like that kind of thing XP It was hilarious.

As for the classes topic of discussion... hehe

I have an after school, 'twilight' lesson every Wednesday for maths and 8/10 I forget to go, I don't know why, I just have such a long day already, I keep forgetting.

Years
  • I can not remember the last time I remember enjoying a birthday hopefully my upcoming birthday will be fun if I get a wii :D

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Sleeping in classes is win. I rarely happens nowadays though (maybe I've learned to get enough sleep at home?) but it used to happen all the time last year.

Speaking of dull b-days, I don't like christmas. I love the whole of December, with the nice feeling of building up something until the big day comes. But "the big day" is usually a disappointment for me. It's ot even a fun day usually. Either I'm a bad person, or I'm right ^^

I luff new years eve though <3 That's even more family tradition thingy for me than Christmas is. But recent years I've started to spend them more and more with friends and not family. Counting in the new year... I think it's done best with lots of people, outside, drunk.

Years
  • Hmmm...

Eh...My B-Days here in the US are boring...Chuck E. Cheese or some restaurant. =/ Now we just celebrate it at home..... D= I only got $40 for my B-day (nothing else...:()

Christmas....Not as exciting back in the Philippines...No noche buena. D= I just get a small amount of gifts...maybe $90 if I'm lucky...and that's it for money for the rest of the year... New Years...eh we just watch the celebrations in TV...I miss the Phillies...

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    Eh...My B-Days here in the US are boring...Chuck E. Cheese or some restaurant. =/ Now we just celebrate it at home..... D= I only got $40 for my B-day (nothing else...:()

Christmas....Not as exciting back in the Philippines...No noche buena. D= I just get a small amount of gifts...maybe $90 if I'm lucky...and that's it for money for the rest of the year... New Years...eh we just watch the celebrations in TV...I miss the Phillies...

I celebrated my first two birthdays in the Philippines so I'm a bit too young to remember it, but my baby pictures prove that the whole house was filled was all of my cousins and friends.

Here in the U.S. It's all good. I still get cake and presents and I still go out with my friends on my birthday. XD Last year I got over $300 in gifts.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • This was the first year I didn't celebrate my birthday with friends or extended family. Was pretty much because I didn't want to. XD Went out to dinner with my family. Was nice and quick.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • This was the first year I didn't celebrate my birthday with friends or extended family. Was pretty much because I didn't want to. XD Went out to dinner with my family. Was nice and quick.

I think I had a birthday gathering this year...I can't remember. Haha, but I do love the whole month of June in which my birthday falls, so it's usually always a nice blur of fun.

I just helped throw a friend a surprise party for his 18th, though, that went really well haha. Except the initial throwing balloons at him when he walked in..we should have sprung for the net above the door.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • I think I had a birthday gathering this year...I can't remember. Haha, but I do love the whole month of June in which my birthday falls, so it's usually always a nice blur of fun.

I just helped throw a friend a surprise party for his 18th, though, that went really well haha. Except the initial throwing balloons at him when he walked in..we should have sprung for the net above the door.

What do you mean you THINK you had a birthday gathering? Of course you had one! I was there, remember? X(

Oh yeah, I remember...the one that I didn't get to go to because I was at school. Yeah....good times.

I've never had a surprise party throw for me. It sounds like it would be quite enjoyable though =P

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    For me, birthdays are just like any other day. I haven't celebrated mine properly in years.

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
  • I don't celebrate mine the same way either. I do get cake and ice cream and one present but, that's it. All my birthday parties with my friends failed because none of my friends showed up, saying they had plans or something came up.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • My friends and I usually go out on the town for each other's birthday. My group of friends have their 21st birthdays coming up in a year so it'll be a big year for all of us. We don't exchange presents though. My parents will get me stuff even though I ask them not to.

Though, I'm a poor college student now so I'll take whatever I can get.

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
  • My friends and I usually go out on the town for each other's birthday. My group of friends have their 21st birthdays coming up in a year so it'll be a big year for all of us. We don't exchange presents though. My parents will get me stuff even though I ask them not to.

Though, I'm a poor college student now so I'll take whatever I can get.
    Very similar for me. We go out for each other's birthdays to the Diner or Applebees or somewhere like that. We usually don't exchange gifts at all (especially if we don't have money), though the birthday "girl/boy" doesn't pay for their dinner. It's actually quite fun, and is better than the pool crap we'd do as little kids. =]

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • Lawl, my parents forgot it was my birthday until my aunt called to wish me a happy birthday :[ They later were like "Hmm, I guess we should give you something. *look in wallet* Well, all I have is $50. Enjoy~", which was actually okay for me XD I actually remember the time I spent talking to my friends online then the time off the computer, as sad as that is.

captainfez3

Old School Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2019
    Hey, I'm 18 now, so every birthday I celebrate just brings me one step closer the 30-40 year period where I'll work and work, and since social security is circling the toilet, I'll be doing the same thing for another 20 years after that possibly.

I was never big on birthdays anyways. The last birthday I had where I got something really awesome was like my 7th or something. I got a GBC. Now, anything I REALLY want is much too expensive for a gift. Usually I just meet my parents halfway on stuff, and that's enough of a gift. It's how I got my 360 and my iPod touch, so it works for me.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
  • Lawl, my parents forgot it was my birthday until my aunt called to wish me a happy birthday :[ They later were like "Hmm, I guess we should give you something. *look in wallet* Well, all I have is $50. Enjoy~", which was actually okay for me XD I actually remember the time I spent talking to my friends online then the time off the computer, as sad as that is.
    OMG they must have felt so silly when your aunt called:D lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back