• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: the daily chit-chat (jan2019 - jun2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emilia

~ free falling
Years
  • Share pls i got interested :dablet:

Or better on Zach's idea with a I&T reboot so his section feels alive :>

Sure, but tbh.. I more of questioned how to get most of the info about my PC than comment the specs. ;-; I'm so dumb sometimes

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Right now, the above pushes $3k(if not more). Keep in mind that the computer I'm typing on right now is circa 2010 with hardware even older than that. I'm way overdue for a new rig.
    Ahahah, three thousand dollar computer...

How I wish I could, but I'm lucky to get a $300 graphics card.

(Though my dream PC would definitely run me about $1000, whoops)

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • Sure, but tbh.. I more of questioned how to get most of the info about my PC than comment the specs. ;-; I'm so dumb sometimes

Ah yes that can be difficult at times, when its pre-built you can often just look up the name of the PC and there would be at least some sites which explain what it has in contents.
    then there is me who forgot half of the stuff I have inserted in my own PC oops

EDIT: in classic TY version I forgot about a program called Speccy which lists your specs in a neat overview

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Ahahah, three thousand dollar computer...

How I wish I could, but I'm lucky to get a $300 graphics card.

(Though my dream PC would definitely run me about $1000, whoops)

You know that there are online videos and sites that go through part by part gaming PC's for $1k or less. Typically they're I-3 or I-5 intel processors(or AMD seeing as they dominate the budget realm) with an AMD GPU(since NVidia is like Intel and charges a premium for models that are several years old and AMD is the king of budget builds). My build above is pricey but uses the latest and greatest(which has a premium lopped onto it for companies to maximize ROI) and includes a new Monitor(which adds like $500 or so depending on the model and specs).

A site I like to use is PCPartpicker Pre-built builds on there for the budget gamer and then custom builds for the enthusiast. Also can dabble by making your own or looking up parts and what it might cost you.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • If I had 3,000$ to spend on a computer, omg. The opportunities would be endless.

Then you definitely don't want to watch the video in the spoiler... lol. TLDR: A married guy would not be buying it(or single Dad with kids) and screw the Iron Throne when you can get what's in the spoiler...

Spoiler:

Btw, are we doing a Get Together this year or... we not bothering? I only ask because its now June.

Last edited:

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    It doesn't feel like it's been that long since the last Get Together talk

Time flies

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • I won the Ice Cream contest last year. Hope to do so again this year if there is one and if there's a decent VPP prize attached to it. Participants who also did FTE benefited as well(Running Shoes and Jetpack have served me well).

What should the theme be? GoT inspired since the series ended or SwSh?

Years
  • same ty ffxiv (ilu though)

I spent a lot on my Macbook Pro but it's had port issues for as long as I could remember. :x My charger sometimes doesn't charge and I'd need to replug it several times, wireless mouse would lose connection at the slightest touch of the adapter, WiFi hotspots worked with the ethernet adapter at first but stopped a few months later and won't create hotspots anymore (tried several adapters), etc. It's such a pain.

Years
  • :( I'm sure it'll get better!!
    my friday is ok. im not really feeling motivated at work, and am tempted to take the day off after lunch lmao

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Where do you work that you can just leave after lunch?!

Then again, I'm the closing shift at my place, so I'm like... the one person that can never leave early. sobs

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • You also work from home most days, right?

I do have some freedom myself, like being able to work from home every now and again. Yay research.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back