• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Life] The Dream Weavers

Years
  • The teeth grinding is back. I caught myself in the act as I woke up this morning. This time I awakened to the discomfort of my back teeth on the right side of my mouth clamped down tightly. I immediately stopped as soon as I realized what I was doing. My teeth don't hurt very much today, but I have a bad headache that I didn't have yesterday. I hear this is a sign of nightly teeth grinding, waking up with headaches. Right now there's pressure on both of my temples, and a stabbing pain like a migraine behind my eyes. It feels like someone is squeezing the back of my head. The best way I can describe today's soreness is if there was a rope wrapped around my eyes, temples and top of my skull, and that rope was being tightened little by little and causing the throbbing. I think I'm gonna need some help for this, and will probably give my doctor a call first thing Monday about my sleep patterns.

DragonKing48

The King Of All Dragons.
    Years
  • The teeth grinding is back. I caught myself in the act as I woke up this morning. This time I awakened to the discomfort of my back teeth on the right side of my mouth clamped down tightly. I immediately stopped as soon as I realized what I was doing. My teeth don't hurt very much today, but I have a bad headache that I didn't have yesterday. I hear this is a sign of nightly teeth grinding, waking up with headaches. Right now there's pressure on both of my temples, and a stabbing pain like a migraine behind my eyes. It feels like someone is squeezing the back of my head. The best way I can describe today's soreness is if there was a rope wrapped around my eyes, temples and top of my skull, and that rope was being tightened little by little and causing the throbbing. I think I'm gonna need some help for this, and will probably give my doctor a call first thing Monday about my sleep patterns.

Maybe Shiny Dratini will help?

....wait...what am I doing here?

*leaves*

Years
  • What a beautiful dream I had last night. I dreamt there was a covid vaccine and EVERYONE in the world took it. Then there was a global celebration. Social gatherings everywhere cause the fear was gone. Then, the mini-school choir had to perform at the celebration I was at, and one friend I had who recently quit irl said he was scared of rejoinning them and I said "If anyone deserves to go back, it's you." and he went back and performed and boy they were spectacular. They even got a standing ovation by the Black Eyed Peas (weird I know).

Then, my band teacher said he was quitting his job, but not to worry because they were starting a instrumental jazz group. I got super excited because I love relaxing jazz music more than band music to be honest.

My nightmares are subsiding thank god.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Had a dream last night that I was with a group of people down by a river. Stuck on some loose debris and sticks we see the bloated remains of a body. It was mostly intact, besides being decomposing and waterlogged. Someone with me, I don't know who, drubbed a stick to try to drag the cadaver to the river bank.

Think Two Face from Batman.

As they did the corpse was turned over and I suddenly gasped with recognition. I called my husband over and asked him, "Oh my god, is that [name redacted]?" He said, "it has to be". He was an old high school friend who I used to get high with, someone always chasing the dragon, so to speak. A serious junkie who never knew when to say no but a damn good friend and someone who spent a lot of time making people smile. I remember the shock, the grief, the questions, how easily it could have been my body or my husband's body in the river..

Then I woke up.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Did I ever mention that my dreams about school are always very backwards?

In this one we started of with sports. We were running through a forest and as expected: I was in the back, pretty much the last. Then I was thinking to myself: I should catch up with some of the people in the front. Next thing I know: I'm at the front.
    Afterwards we had a sort of math exam and I was preparing by pulling out all the resources we were allowed to use. Then others came and started to pull out their stuff and started checking them with mine and I was just thinking: "are they actually comparing themselves to me?"

Now, if only dream and reality where to swap places. xD

Last dream: I was packaging a game and its addons. After putting them together I filled the empty space of the package with water. Then I thought to myself: "Why did I put in the expensive addons when I could have just been using the equivalent free of charge ones. Also: why did I fill the package with water? It'll just start to flow out again". So I ended up removing the water again.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Had a dream I got into a car accident with my dad's girlfriend's elderly, alcoholic father. For some ungodly reason he was driving and just stopped turning the wheel? It was... ugh. ;(

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
    Years
  • So, I did a before bed Tarot spread (with the $7 deck from Spencer's) and I was told to look for a theme of leaving home or making a decision. That night, the only thing I really remember was a path splitting into two with the interpretation of a life-changing decision upcoming in the future. If anyone here uses tarot, did you have a similar experience? I might have to use some more before bed spreads and see what happens.

Years
  • I had a dream where I lived in a futuristic world where ironically nightmares had stopped. It seemed that 93 years from now a scientific discovery was made where humans could go without sleep, and anxiety-inducing dreams had ceased, the body no longer needed them. Human beings were also unlocking new potentials and capable of extraordinary things.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Fragments of the first one (or maybe it was the beginning of the second one? idk anymore):
    At the school yard and everyone was playing around. Then everyone had to get back into the building. I ended up being the last outside. Then I climbed the roof trying to find a way to escape.

The second one:
    I was part of some sort of resistance group. We got access to some sort of official building and me made our way to a sort of conference room that was empty. We used it as our base. I ended up looking outside a window. There was a small river. Then I told someone that I remember this view (assuming it was in a dream).
    Next thing I know: we all board small boats in an attempt to escape some sort of anthropomorphic beings. After a little bit of progress we suddenly went into the opposite direction. However nobody but me noticed it. We ended up at a candy shop and a police car was standing outside. However they had disguised themselves somewhat.
    Then those anthropomorphic beings showed up and gave us all some sweets. I refused to eat it which made to beings very angry. However, the others went like "everyone has the right to refuse". When looked around I realised that everyone else had eaten their sweets and all of them had turned into the same type of creatures. Lastly, when I looked to my left I saw that the person there now had four yellow burning eyes and that they were staring at me with an evil gaze. It's not outright stated but heavily implied that these things eat humans. At the end I was the last human but I don't know what would have happened next as at that point I woke up.

Years
  • I had a nightmare. For me it was a nightmare because I felt myself tossing and turning.

Anyway, in the nightmare, school opened up, and then there was a time skip to Christmas, and to raise money, students from the drama club (which is over half the students) were told to go door to door and do random improv in a Christmas Carol sort of way, in the frickin' SNOW! Then a group of like four students came to my house and did their thing, and I invited them in for coffee. o_O; They weren't even cold, they were happy though.

What the heck?! Why is this classified as a nightmare in my head?

Years
  • What's your most recent dream (or nightmare)?
    My dreams are usually messed up surrealistic shit of recent life events. I figure it's my brain just processing everything?

Have any recurring dreams?
    Teeth falling out. What honestly is this? It scares me quite a bit, always feeling my teeth after.

Remember any childhood nightmares?
    A scary clown one. Where "evil" clowns were...eviscerating people. Gave me coulrophobia for a whole year.

What's one of your favorite dreams you've ever had?
    When I dream of characters I like! And some scenarios I've had in my head.

Do you have the ability to lucid dream?
    I've done it once, but no

Years
  • My z-move should be neverending nightmare. First I had a dream that my family lost their home, and my mother and I had to depend on charity. In the next dream my father contacted me to tell me that my brother had died. After I woke up from that one and went back to sleep the nightmares started all over again. This time in my dream I seemed to be living in the past. I was witnessing human beings being beaten and tortured on a slave plantation. I am so tired of dreams like this or of concentration camps, wars, the Spanish Inquisition and all the horrors in human history.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I had this dream last night where I was a trans girl. I don't remember too much, though. Except that I was pretty damn cute.

Background: I've been doing some research on the matter because its an important topic these days and also for art stuff.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    I had a weird one last night.

I was on vacation with a couple of friends and one day we went on a short boat tour. One of the crewmates ended up catching a 1,5m long tuna with his bare hands (somehow) and was holding it in his hands just as the tour ended. The fish was still alive and kicking and the sailor asked if I wanted to see how it bites. I for some reason said "sure" and put my hand in tuna's mouth. All I felt was some pressure as it chewed on my hand. Then, the dude wanted to show us how to cut up and clean a tuna, but he didn't have a knife on board. So, he sends me to go get him a knife from, and I quote, "the boy scouts' lodge, left of the trench". I leave the boat and go down the street and walk for a couple of minutes. There isn't anything remotely resembling a trench, much less a boy scouts lodge. One of my friends runs from behind with a knife and tells me that I was gone for a long time so the sailor sent him to the lodge to get the knife, which he did. We return, the guy starts cutting the tuna into steaks and I wake up.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Sooo here's an odd one:

I was a froslass, and chased by kids - I think they were around 12?

What does it mean when you're chased by kids in your dreams? o:

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    As much as I'd like to remember about my last one, I can only recollect two specific things: 1. it was a school dream and 2. it involved Pokemon TCG cards.

Well, at least about the second I still remember quite a bit:
    Instead of regular Pokemon card which only have one Pokemon per card they actually had multiple Pokemon on them. Kind of like a small squad (up to three). Obviously they shared HP pool and attack power.
    The second one about that is that the picture of these would depict part of an overarching plot that would be told throughout the entire set.

The cards were also a little bit bigger than the regular ones.

Years
  • There must be a Darkrai under my bed, really weird dreams.

There was a group of women I thought were lovely, they came to my house like friends and family, dressed in their Sunday best to sit and talk with me, left beautiful gifts, but these ladies were actually evil! I don't mean like fake friend from school evil, I mean going to murder me evil. They were killing my pets when nobody was looking and disposing of neighors and the mailman, booby-trapping the house to hurt my dad, but smiling and pretending to be good. The police wouldn't listen, and either were totally blind or in on the conspiracy.

I was abducted and tied up. The women acted like a coven of witches, vampires, demonesses or some kind of supernatural creatures. They were doing blood rituals. I remember watching many people die and being powerless to stop it. I was a prisoner myself.

Though I overheard that I was about to be sacrificed soon, towards the end there looked like there was going to be some rescue for me after all. There was another lady who was about to be killed. The evil ones were videotaping what was happening, so i was watching the girl's execution live with dread and fear.

She was being crucified, but miraculously she wouldn't die. Things were being done to her like icepicks hammered through her head, but she lived to the astonishment of everyone who saw, and she was speaking defiantly. She was a woman with long dark hair, she looked south American and my first thought was that she must be a saint. So she survives the ordeal and they stop trying to kill her at that point, even they were amazed.

I am in the dungeon through it all, but I get a vision of her, and I see her riding on a horse like Joan of Arc in my vision, leading thousands in an army, and she's giving me instructions to escape from the clutches of evil sisters. A cavern opens in the floor of my cell, a magic a passageway, but it can only stay open for a short while, and there's someone else I am supposed to save. There's a girl they call "the star" who has been left in an underground basement that's flooding. She's going to die by some kind of water torture. I go to get the star. She is a vulnerable golden girl who is literally glowing--I know this is straight out of Neil Gaiman's Stardust. I actually call her Ivaine, the name of the star incarnate that the witches want to eat the heart of to renew themselves.

I am having trouble getting out, water is rushing all in, but a Blastoise appears to me and we use surf and get away!

That was too intense. Even though I came out in one piece, I am glad that dream is over. I better get back to listening to calming audiobooks and music to relax me info a uneventful sleep.

Last edited:

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
    Years
  • So, I had this pretty weird dream that I had a while ago.

I remember moving into some kind of Victorian house as a tenant. I had gotten lost trying to find my room I remember finding this hippie girl in one room (don't remember what she was doing) and a possibly senile old lady in the attic that warned me of some danger. Anybody know what any of this means?

Years
  • I had a series of intense dreams last night, none of them nice. The one I remember most vividly is the first nightmare. I kept finding strange thick pieces of wax in my hair that looked like honey comb or parts of wasps nest. It was gross and disturbing, and they kept getting bigger and bigger, failing out of my hair. I would pull it all out, and be clean, but it would keep coming back every time I went to sleep. I would remove sprouts from the back of my head like nodes on a potato. It got even worse. Lengthy roots that were even longer than my hair would form on my head at night. I would snap them off full of fear, but they always returned at night. I wouldn't go to sleep any more because I knew these long, winding roots would grow and wrap around me in my sleep and cover me until I not only died, but my body was taken over and I became something else, kinda like Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

I had been having fine dreams until last night. I had revisited some old short stories I wrote a couple of years ago, and decided to edit and finish them. I didn't write anything yesterday because I was tired, but I wonder if expressing myself through my prose has helped me to positively channel some tension within me that comes to the surface at night when I dream? I wrote every day last week except for yesterday, and couldn't help but notice that I had pleasurable dreams instead of nightmares. As soon as I broke with that routine I had scary dreams all over again. It may just be a coincidence and I was going to have the nightmare anyway, but I'm going to try to get at least a little creative writing in every day, and see what kind of dreams I have. It can't hurt.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I had two dreams in a row that the national dex came back.

Then last night, I had a dream that the Pokemon world was real, so everyone that wanted to go had to take a covid test before flying in a spaceship to Pokemon Planet. Pokemon Planet had all eight regions and everyone can live anyway they want...and can have one free Pokemon of their choice as long as it's a 1st level evolution, so I chose Swablu and chose to live in Fortree City (Hoenn Region). And we had fun. In the same dream, there was another planet that was based off the Harry Potter World, so my best friend irl went to that world. Then he came to visit me at Pokemon Planet. And we went fishing in Slateport City which was mapped out slightly different than the game.

Back