• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Fifth Generation's Music Awards! (Rd 1 Voting!)

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    The Fifth Generation's Music Awards! (Rd 1 Voting!)

Welcome to the Fifth Generation's Music Awards, or Music Showdown! Here, I'm all but curious to hear what is Pokecommunity's favourite Fifth Generation video game track! But since there's so many, each of them are going to be broken down into a couple of days!

There's no specific theme here, so, you can nominate ANY music from any music track from the Fifth Generation that you like!

How does this work?
    So, each time that there's a Fifth Generation Music Awards Music Awards thread that pops up, all of you can nominate any one of your favourite tracks, or any other tracks that you think deserve the spotlight!

After the nomination period, the next phase will be for voting, in which, every track that has been nominated by someone will be up for votes! Everyone can vote to a minimum of two tracks that will win! In the end, whichever track has the most votes, will be the winner! And that's not all - there will be a featured thread representing that video game music for the voters! And the winning theme will be put on display for everyone to hear! So, vote carefully!

Schedule
    This schedule is subject to change dependent on quantity of nominees and other circumstances.

Nominations will last December 13 - 16
    Voting will last from December 17 - December 20
    Winner will be declared on December 21st!​

Nomination Form
    Your nomination form must be done LIKE THIS. Any nominations that do not follow this guideline cannot compete!

Nominee: (The name of the soundtrack)
    Link to Video: (You can link it, or post a embed video of it!)
    Why: (Let the voters know WHY this track is the best there is for this theme! It can be as long as you want!)​

Prizes
    All participants will receive an award! The winning Music piece will be featured in a stickyied thread for discussion, and for easy listening convenience!

Last edited:

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    I love the music in fifth gen so much! This is so difficult, because there's so many great tracks to choose from. But, my nomination will go to:

Nominee: Burgh's Gym theme in Black & White 2
    Link to Video:

Why:
    It's catchy, well put together, and it does such a good job at setting the mood in the gym! It immediately stood out to me when I went into Burgh's gym and I could stay in there and listen to it for hours!

Years
    Ooh, this is tough! There are so many pieces that I could choose, but I think it has to go to this one:

Nominee: Village Bridge
    Link to Video:

Why: Village Bridge is an oasis in between two difficult routes, and its theme is as relaxing as you'd expect; I've been known to leave my character standing on the bridge for several minutes at a time, just listening to the music. In keeping with many other pieces of music in Gen V, the theme to Village Bridge has four different parts that can be added to the melody: acoustic guitar, grass flute, beatbox, and vocals — making it the most complex example of this property in the game. The different parts are all lovely on their own, but putting them all together gives a beautiful theme that I could listen to for hours.

I should probably also mention that this gives Village Bridge the distinction of being the first and so far only vocal track in a main series Pokémon game. The lyrics, translated from Japanese, are as relaxing as the melody itself; melancholy and beautiful.

I...am a geezer standing in the dusk, mesmerized by the gulls.

Gazing fixedly into the sapphire sea, I bemoan with shed tears,
    as I yearn for the lovely gulls soaring above the blue harbour.

Last edited:

Xherdan

Bad at Good Games
    Years
    Nominee: Vs. Ghetsis from Black/White.

Link:

Why: This song is terrifying. I feel like it really captures Ghetsis' evil, just like BW2's version captures Ghetsis psychotic behavior. You know, aside from the "DENNIS" meme, this song is one of the scariest in the main series behind some stuff like the Pokemon Tower, the Hall of Origin or the Drought. Also, listen to it! It's awesome! And i want Ghetsis' trench coat.

Hydreigon says hello to you with a Focus Blast to your face!

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Gimme what I neeeeeeeeeed!!

Nominee: Elesa's Gym Theme (B2W2)

Why: I would have picked Emotions, but I've got beaten. "We're going to see whose star shines brightest!" - Elesa. Elesa's Gym Theme has to be the most shining and upbeat Gym Theme, plug in your headphones and you'll see what I mean!

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    We're ready for the voting round! Please take a look at the nominations below:

Spoiler:

So, please vote for your favourite two tracks everyone, and in about two days, the winner who received the most votes will be announced!

So have fun, and if you have any questions, contact me! <33

Years
    I'm voting for Emotion from Nah and Burgh's Gym (B2/W2) from Sopheria, because I love the more tranquil themes on the soundtrack, and they really fit their respective points of the game very well.

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    I'm voting for Nah and Sopheria's entries. I love the themes on the soundtrack that have a more tranquil feel to them, since it captures the emotion of the games. And like Nah described his entry, it's iconic with its piano keys.

Oh, I forgot to say! Try to post the titles of the song's your voting for. Eg, in your case, it'll be:

Burgh's Gym theme in Black & White 2
    Emotion

Right?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    One thing: are we not allowed to vote for the track we nominated or is that ok?

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Can we separate our votes in 2 posts?

Are we allowed to change our votes?

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Can we separate our votes in 2 posts?

Are we allowed to change our votes?

Sure, you can change your votes anytime; but why do you wanna separate your votes on two posts? Wouldn't it be easier if you post them both on one and edit? o:

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Sure, you can change your votes anytime; but why do you wanna separate your votes on two posts? Wouldn't it be easier if you post them both on one and edit? o:

I haven't made up my mind for my second vote. But I guess I can always cast my first vote and edit my post for the second vote. (:

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    I haven't made up my mind for my second vote. But I guess I can always cast my first vote and edit my post for the second vote. (:

I mean it's fine if you wanna make two posts too; just gotta watch out for double posting. :3

Reactions: Sun
    Back