• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenEary

Little Rabbit
Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2010
    I don't think you can say that they will add 107. It seems the most plausible but 493 and 386 were both pretty random numbers they could easily hit 596 or 612 or whatever they feel like.

I agree, the nostalgia glasses are rediculous. If Gen. 4 and 1 replaced eachother the hate on many of the gen. 1 pokemon would be huge. Exeggutor anyone?

I know. Mr. Mime? Diglett? ...Wth?

I would hate it if they have an even hundred number of pokemon.... It's so unnatural. It'd be like entomologists classifying insects in such a way to ensure that there are exactly a million species.

Years
  • Oh yes, Pokemon such as Grimer, Muk, and Swalot are oh so creative.

4th gen had great Pokemon. We finally have a skunk and a rabbit. ^_^ I love Stunky and Buneary. Skuntank and Stunky can learn FLAMETHROWER. Skunks that shoot fire are awesome and you don't need a Ponyta. It seems like the 4th gen Pokemon had more details than the old ones. Weavile is wicked. Munchlax is cute as well as Bonsly and Mime Jr.

I'm looking forward to the fifth gen. Bring me a DOLPHIN pokemon. =D

Years
  • This is probably just me thinking too much when I'm tired but:

Gen 1: 151 pokemon: 1+5=6+1=7
    Gen 2: 251 pokemon: 2+5= 7+1=8
    Gen 3: 386 pokemon: 3+8+6=17: 1+7=8
    Gen 4: 493 pokemon: 4+9+3=16: 1+6=7

????????????????????????????????????

Anuhrima

Darkness and Rebirth
    Years
  • Solar Flare Dragon could be the Fire starter
    What, we've already got a Dragon Fire Starter.

And to the person who said that they don't like the idea of an ox. It does not have to necessarily have to be an Ox. Pokemon has gotten away with stuff like that.*cyndaquil* It could very well be bull.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Okay so a japanese tv program called Oha Suta revealed Zorua and Zoroark yesterday! here are some pictures:
    Spoiler:

And also, the offical website added some clearer pictures of zorua and zoroark including anime artwork!
    Here they are:
    The Generation Five Speculation Thread

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
  • This game has got to have some sort of Dark tower or castle like area in it, with many high leveled should we say...Ghost, Dark and maybe Rock type Pokemon in it? maybe.....

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • This game has got to have some sort of Dark tower or castle like area in it, with many high leveled should we say...Ghost, Dark and maybe Rock type Pokemon in it? maybe.....
    That's actually not such a bad idea. I would also like to see a castle aimed at Dark/Ghost types being re-introduced.

Years
  • I agree, the nostalgia glasses are rediculous. If Gen. 4 and 1 replaced eachother the hate on many of the gen. 1 pokemon would be huge. Exeggutor anyone?

My problem isn't with the top end of each generation it's with the amounts of useless pokemon & double ups because we don't need 5 generations of rattata and pidgey variations.

I would like to have access to more interesting types early on I liked in Gen 4 that I had access to Shinx which was essentially a Electric starter straight away. I just want subtle twist on the norm, as well as 3 good starter pokemon.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    OMG, the new Zoroark art is amazing. If there is still someone who doesnt like it, u never will.

Esmas

General
    Years
  • Wow, those Zorua/Zoruark images are great! I'm absolutely in love with Zoruark's design (:♥

And I'm glad Nintendo's planning for the 5th Generation games to be on the DS. Saves a lot of features and money.

Years

Sounds like the Sky Pillar and I agree. Gen 5 and general 'traditional' Pokemon games should have a place where only or mostly certain types can be found. I also miss getting Pokemon from the Game Corner.

Annoying when your looking for a Pikachu and find a bazillion Caterpie or a Bagon but for five hours you only see bats or a Relicanth but nothing but Clamperl and Chinchou.

Years
  • I would like to say this
    If I buy the 5th gen games
    and I see geodude and zubat everywhere, I will completely give up on Pokemon.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • I'll still buy them, but I still think they're coming out too early.

I want to enjoy HG/SS as much as possible.

No. Just no. They should go back in time and replace all the 3rd and 4th gen Pokemon with some halfways good ideas. THEN, we can start thinking of new Pokemon.

What exactly is wrong with the third and fourth generation Pokémon? Sure, there were a few duff designs and pointless evolutions added here and there, but for the most part they were good. Not as good as the originals and second gen Pokémon, but still good. Are you expecting the fifth generation to be better?

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
  • I'll still buy them, but I still think they're coming out too early.

I want to enjoy HG/SS as much as possible.
    Well, it wont take me that long to finish hg/ss probably (sadly) so... i think its a good thing for them to come out fast. I just wish that for once the rom doesent leak out

roacherman

Time Guardian
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Im wondering, if gen 5 comes, there is gonna be an obligatory ruby/sapphire remake right? Damn its gonna feel so weird playing the game that doesnt look so old. I mean I can understand gen 2 and gen 1 remakes because the graphics were soooooooooo old and obsolete, but I mean the graphics for ruby/sapphire arent THAT bad. If you put these games back into the market, itll atleast look better than gold/silver and red/blue right?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back