• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    JUST A REPLY POST, YO. Simply rate the banner above ^^

I would do it myself if I had time right now :\

V1 since the bg seems less monotonous. For some reason it only looks like a slight improvement from the ones you posted in the previous post, meh it's still good…
    Also did you choose the theme for week 3?
    Mm'kay. Yeah, I didn't really add too much to it, because a) I'm too darn lazy, b) I didn't really know what else to put in it. Though I have a feeling I'll start fiddling with it again later today. And yes, I chose the theme this week.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • Another 'which version do you like best', sponsered by Loki!

Half-Original

Alternative

I would love to know why you prefer whichever one you prefer. :3

I hurt my eyes trying to figure out the differences x_x;
    I really liked the original one better. The lined on the left look so much better when they don't stand out as much XD;

Eh yeah buuut...
    evilcheese: Well, she seems... warped. I know her face isn't THAT flat looking :<
    The effects in the back are really cool looking, but it took a sec for me to notice them there... Not really, that's my dumb way of saying they should stand out more. JUST A LITTLE. Too much would make me go "lol k want some picture with those effects"? *lame joke shot'd*

As for the text... bar... thingies...
    Great effect, it could work for other things, but I didn't see it working for THAT banner in particilar[/longest rate I've ever done. Ever]

Anyway~ This is my most recent filled request. I was so happy with it, that it made me wanna return to the GRT (b' ')b
    Ignore the text, please, I wanted to take it out, but I forgot T___T

Who'da thought I'd actually start BLENDING?

Perfectionist

Perfectionism is an Art
    Years
  • Chikara: Ooh I like it! Hmm, the right side looks a bit empty.. Maybe add a clipping mask or some lighting effects or something... Or you could leave it cause it is great the way it is as well! =P
    Ok here's mine.

Made for my practise and your rating to improve my noobish Photoshop skills. (what skills?)
    I was gonna put a clipping mask in the top left corner but it looked weird..

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
  • Perfectionist; You're graphical skills are getting better, but you should work more on blending your render it, it's kind of out of place. ^^;;

--------

Let's rate Saber again. (b'')b

Mind the image, it was bad quality so I had to make do. ._.''

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
    Years
  • @ Akari: You do not know the meaning of bad quality. Use my computer for a while. Anyways, Its a good banner. The text is getting a littlw boring cause you use it too much but it's good overall.

Wanted to do somthing simple and colorful.

Years
  • Kai: It is very simple and still looks good, but I don't think Umbreon fits well with those colors. If you somehow made Umbreon look more "softer" it may fit will together. I like the text placement, and the border. I'm not a big fan of simple signatures, but it looks pretty good to me. \o/

My entry for SOTW 3.

Years
  • Kai: It does look softer, and I like it better.

Just in case people skip mine.

EDIT: Came up with a second version I may want to use as a theme.

Last edited:

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
  • @Kouyuu: They look fine, but my biggest problem is with the second one. The tiny text under the normal text isn't very attractive. I think because it's far too sharp in comparison to the rest of the banner. ^^;

I was just messing around again. I don't think this is that great overall. XD

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
  • @animadversion - i like itthe only thing i dont like is the placing of the render. it should be in the middle maybe make the banner bigger because the render is big.

well i followed a secret tutorial so yeah.

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
  • @ evilcheese - I'm not a fan of that type of sig, but I think it's pretty good overall. It looks a little...fake for some reason though ._. I don't know, it's probly just me.

Here's my third sig ever. I think it's alright, but I can't seem to get that technique that all the other graphic artists here use :(. Maybe it just comes with practise?

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
  • Motsuko: That banner is extremely good for the third success ever (I'm saying success because I know that I myself would lie on the numbers because I'd delete a banner if I didn't like it when I was done ;P). It's great with the colors and just good in general. It may just be because it's closer to the style that I use, but ha, who cares, I like it. One thing that would make it look cooler though would be the wind effect on the text that you seemed to use a little on the image. (:

Here's a request that brought me out of a slump for Blueberry. Just learned the new style, so please crit hard =]

Perfectionist

Perfectionism is an Art
    Years
  • Michii: I think the lighting is a bit bright, maybe make that a bit duller or lower the opacity and it will be less blinding and more attractive. All in all it is a great banner and great for a first try in that style.

Ok here is my banner. I used different styles and think it might be my best so far. \o/

Uryū Ishida

Hishoku no Sora
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    evilcheese;;
    Dawn Banner: The colour scheme fits nicely, and the effects are good, but you need to work on blending the render just right, your either blending too much, or not enough in my opinion, you could have done better with the text, but overall nice job. 7/10

Audi Banner: Whoah, that looks AWESOME, the effects everything about it, the metal look, looks great! i think text could add more to this banner, maybe something going along side the banner, like its moving with it? theres nothing wrong that i can see with this, This is my Favourite banner from you xDD. 10/10

Chikara;;
    Marth Banner: Super Smash Bros. Brawl <3, I like the background, the c4ds stand out a bit much though,try smudging them a bit, the text is alright, but could be better, try using only one font instead of two, it can be really hard to pull of using two fonts, i think the render is blended alright, but not that great, make the render more solid, the border seems fine, great job! 9/10

Motsuko
    ;;
    Legend of Zelda font banner xD: WOW, that is AMAZING for you third banner xDDDD, the render blends in well, and the scan lines, are just amazing xD, they add to the whole flow of the banner, the text stands out a bit though, and try shortening your text, I MEAN THIS IS YOUR THIRD BANNER, you can't pick up something that quick DDx, it takes time. 9/10

Michii;;
    Banner for Blueberry: For that style of banner, In my opinion its a bit bright, and the text along the side going down, doesn't really appeal to me DDDx, but the other "Love" text looks great, and the colour scheme, looks odd but awesome xPPP, could of made a better border, but it looks great as it is, CIRCLES FTW xDDDD. 9/10

Perfectionist;;
    Samus Banner: Wow, did you really make that ? o.O, THATS AMAZING, the effects look really nice, and the text looks cool, but the green lines thing in my opinion looks really bad Dx, the clipping mask could be better, try using the Clone stamp tool with one of your brushes? 8/10

FMA banner: Hmmm, this banner i don't really like, the background looks ok but not really good, and the render stands out too much, you could work on blending your renders more, the text in my opinion, looks really bad, a more printed font would've been better for this i think. 5/10

Akari;;
    Saber Banner: This looks really good xDD, the render is blended in really well, and not too much, and you always seem to make scanlines work for your banners, they look amazing! SPARKLE BRUSHES FTW xDDD, the text mind you, in my opinion clashes with the banner, try making the text a colour that is more relavent the colour scheme. 9/10

Kai.;;
    Umbreon Banner: This banner doesn't really appeal to me, mind you it is great, but not that great, the vector brushes and text, doesn't really match the render, and theres too much E M P T Y space, sorry, this banner just doesn't really appeal to me. 5/10

Kouyuu;;
    Is that from tekken? Banner: I really like this banner ^^, it has a nice feel to it, and the vector brushes look good, the text looks nice as well, i like v2 better, except for the small text at the bottom xDD, nice work. 9/10

Animadversion;;
    Anime i dont know Banner: Wow, your improving alot! this looks amazing, the text looks great, and the background looks nice too, the scan lines look awesome xDD, only thing to criticise, is that you have three renders ( or one render with three people) is really distracting, i dont know what the focus is DDx. 9/10

Last edited:

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Michii: Oooh. I really like that style, for some reason~ I love it how it looks all glowy and stuff. Though maybe focus the glow down into the one point, instead of making it cover a large area. That'll probably also help in making it not too bright. The circles for the background definitely look great. The text going down the side the banner looks sort of misplaced and awkward xD I'm loving the arrow thing, and the text at the bottom right corner looks pretty darn good, even though it's so simple. So, yes, I like it ;D

Perfectionist: I agree with you, this is probably your best as of yet xD I'm not sure about the lime green border-like thing, or the weird Samus duplicate, but everything else looks pretty good. Nice fractal and spatter effects in the background. I like the green-ish effects on Samus herself, it's like she's emanating an aura or something. But maybe add different colour effects? I don't know. But it looks pretty cool. Maybe blend in her feet as well, or something. The rendering around that area is quite rough. But yeah, it's pretty good ^^

Ashay

Faaaaaarfetch'd!
    Years
  • Right, I've only been using Photoshop for about a month, but here is some of my stuff:

Userbars:
    https://i30.tinypic.com/opjeg.png
    https://i26.tinypic.com/2u4mw04.png

Wallpapers:
    https://i28.tinypic.com/2ag1a1h.png
    https://i30.tinypic.com/n568h3.png

Sigs and banners (most are made for other games like Counter-Strike):
    https://i30.tinypic.com/ab4ksn.png
    https://i26.tinypic.com/2dlivdi.png
    https://i26.tinypic.com/8xj9dj.png
    https://i29.tinypic.com/29vp84.png
    https://i26.tinypic.com/33ue9o2.png

That's all! Be nice. Just kidding, be honest.

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
  • This is the first I've done is a while since my computer crashed...
    It's for the SOTW tell me what you think... it's only like my 6th banner. ^^;

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
  • guess what! i'm back! well, it was only a day and a half, but Still!
    YunaDances: its nice, has a sought of sketchy feel,it was for black and white theme, eh?
    memememe: i gots PSE!(photoshop elements, yes i am so cheap i cant afford ps cs3)
    i was messing around with some things and came up with this.

J3

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2008
    Poke'd:the flow is very nice and the effect on the hair of the person is very good might want to make the text a little more noticeable tho other than than is very good 8/10

well i came here to improve my PS skillz soo plz comment critisim is need.i was very well know in the graphic's section on the other froum i was on i was best know for being a noob at photoshop heres a couple of sigs that i made i was just never very good xD anyone got any suggestion in places i could impove on ??

i just recently got PS after my Copmputer cashed but the only new one up thier is the shadow lugia one : )​

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back