• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The [NEW] Graphics Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loki

x
Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Hey guys, I know I'm gonna be gone for like, two weeks the day after next, but lettersnnumbers brought up a pretty cool suggestion and I wanted to know what you guys think.

https://annecampbell.paul-shepherd.com/worm1.html

An image worm. Basically it's like a gigantic collab, from what I can tell. Whatchu guys think? ;> Do you want me to start one when I get back?

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    I say yes to the image worm thing. It looks like fun :P

And have each image feature a Pokémon...? o.o;

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Urk. D:

What Twinx said about the pokemon.

I mean, if you guys want it to feature a pokemon, we can but... <_< I dunno, It'd be a better idea to hold a poll for it, since there are so many GFX'ers in PC who don't like using Pokemon in their tags and stuff.

including me

But yeah, I'll set up the image worm stuff when I get back, since it seems to be well recieved. <3

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
  • Hai Gaiz.
    I might be getting a Laptop at the end of the year, and I was told by a book that Mac's have better Graphics. However I heard something about Loki saying something about Mac's weird Colours.
    So what do you suggest? Mac, or PC (not pokecommunity)

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Mac all the way Renyui. Not only are Macs far superior, but if you like, you can install BootCamp and run Windows as well. Macs are probably cheaper and will have less problems in the long run as well. May I suggest the MacBook Pro? 'Tis a beautiful computer both powerful and good looking, it has everything you could possibly need.

Okai so for those wondering who I am and what I'm doing in the Graphics Section, I'm Massimo and I would love to become a Graphics Artist like many of you here. I have never made a banner before and only recently got Photoshop a couple of weeks ago but never used it.
    What I am asking from you is to request a banner and I'll see how I do. Just one to start with please, if I do a horrible job, maybe Banner Making isn't my forte. So first post gets to test my baby like Graphic Skills.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Renyui: I think it depends on your own preference actually. The color res on Macs seem to be different from PC, (and since it's the monitor, I don't think installing the ability to switch to windows would affect your colors, but I don't know that in detail) and judging from a majority of the comments I get on my own graphics, I'd say that most of PC's GFX population uses PC's. I'm not going to give you my opinion on which one you should get though, because I personally despise Mac's with my entire being, therefore, my opinion is a given.

Kuggles: I'd totally request, but I'm kind of not really in the right spot to go looking for a nice image. xD But even if your first go doesn't turn out awesome, you shouldn't decide whether you're not cut out for it or not. xD It's more of a practice-makes-perfect-anyone-can-do-it type thing.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    In display options you can change the colour settings to a different profile, although doing that is pointless as the screen is just slightly brighter allowing you to see more detail. You can also change the colour profile setting on Photoshop itself too.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Loki thanks for that. I have just stumbled across the Rating Thread and am looking forward to putting some banners up in there as I complete them. Look out for my work. =P

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
  • Hello everyone. I know i said i was gonna make a c4d tutorial a month ago. This time I mean it. So I need some example banners. I've already sent some pm's. So if you think you used c4ds in a good way please post it.

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
  • I'll dig through my backpack, but I don't think I have any. It will be nice to finally see this tutorial, though.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I suck at c4ds. :|

I think these two are mostly c4d's though, if you want 'em:

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • I think if you are going to pick some with C4D's choose either that top one Loki posted or ask EvilCheese, he does heaps with C4D's...
    Sorry I can't supply any..

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    ... it is evilcheese who's asking for C4D banners xD;

I think you've gotten my best examples for abstract C4Ds already, cheese. Great idea for a tutorial, though ^^;

I was planning on making one earlier on, but, well, I got lazy >.>;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back