• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] The Ones that got away v3

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    So I beat the Elite Four once, but couldn't make it past Wallace. I incredibly dislike whiting out, so I used save states to get lucky rolls and make it past Wallace. Now, I've levelled my Pokemon from 48 to 51 (but Ebb to 52), because I cannot bear to grind with negative xp gains anymore...but here goes! Also, last time I didn't have enough revives, which was why it was so hard, so this time, I come with 50 revives, 40 hyper potions, 30 full restores, and 25 full heals.

Ninth update:
    Spoiler:

Current team:
    Spoiler:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Spr_DP_Ace_Trainer_F_1.png

ace trainer allison | platinum | badges: 5

413.png

sis lv. 36 @ odd incense
    anticipation / hardy
    psybeam / razor leaf / bug bite / hidden power (fire)

417-m.png

dippitydoo lv. 36
    pickup / bashful
    discharge / sweet kiss / super fang / swift

423-w.png

schlakalak lv. 36 @ fist plate
    storm drain / relaxed
    mud bomb / water pulse / hidden power (fighting) / body slam

463.png

TASTEY lv. 36
    oblivious / lax
    rollout / defense curl / shock wave / stomp

453-m.png

Kroger lv. 36
    dry skin / naughty
    revenge / nasty plot / faint attack / mud bomb

caught my next party member, croagunk, and caught him up in levels and...beat crasher wake without much issues. for some reason?? he kept using brine on croagunk who has dry skin and just. idk what he was thinking here, but a win is a win. also when tastey learned rollout, it evolved, so that's also a thing that happened here. lol

Shiny Gliscor King

The king is here to stay
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Mars
    • Seen Jan 9, 2022
    Hi

Shiny Gliscor King
    Game: Sword
    Pokémon that got away:
    Spoiler:

Parameters: I would like 6 Pokémon with at least 2 before the first gym. I'm not going to hack or trade and I'm setting a rule for myself that I must use standard hardcore level cap(flexible so I don't reset) and must match how many Pokémon I use in battle with my opponent

Years
  • Hi

Shiny Gliscor King
    Game: Sword
    Pokémon that got away:
    Spoiler:

Parameters: I would like 6 Pokémon with at least 2 before the first gym. I'm not going to hack or trade and I'm setting a rule for myself that I must use standard hardcore level cap(flexible so I don't reset) and must match how many Pokémon I use in battle with my opponent
    You get:
    Gallade
    Sirfetch'd
    Galarian Slowbro
    Shuckle
    Sylveon
    Rotom

I hope this team is okay. If not, let me know.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years

ace trainer allison | platinum | badges: 6

413.png

sis lv. 42 @ odd incense
    anticipation / hardy
    psybeam / razor leaf / bug bite / hidden power (fire)

417-m.png

dippitydoo lv. 40 @ magnet
    pickup / bashful
    thunderbolt / sweet kiss / super fang / charm

423-w.png

schlakalak lv. 43 @ fist plate
    storm drain / relaxed
    mud bomb / surf / hidden power (fighting) / body slam

463.png

TASTEY lv. 42 @ rock incense
    oblivious / lax
    rollout / defense curl / flamethrower / return

454-m.png

Kroger lv. 41 @ blackglasses
    dry skin / naughty
    ice punch / swords dance / poison jab / faint attack

did a lot of exploring around sinnoh with now having access to surf. also updated a lot of movesets. needed flamethrower for some things so i thought that would be good on tastey and then kroger got a huge moveset upgrade so that he's no longer useless. he also evolved. i went to the move relearner to get charm back on dippitydoo bc that's really probably the only thing he's gonna be useful for. i already knew this, but pachirisu is truly a. not stellar pokemon lol. sis remains unchanged, her moveset is pretty much perfect but we'll see where we go from here. byron was a sweep with schlakalak. he literally didn't land a hit. on to the next area and the final encounter!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years

ace trainer allison | platinum | badges: 7

413.png

Sis lv. 43 @ big root
    anticipation / hardy
    psybeam / giga drain / bug bite / hidden power (fire)

417-m.png

dippitydoo lv. 43 @ magnet
    pickup / bashful
    thunderbolt / sweet kiss / super fang / charm

423-w.png

Schlakalak lv. 44 @ fist plate
    storm drain / relaxed
    mud bomb / surf / hidden power (fighting) / body slam

463.png

TASTEY lv. 43 @ rock incense
    oblivious / lax
    rollout / defense curl / flamethrower / return

454-m.png

Kroger lv. 43 @ king's rock
    dry skin / naughty
    ice punch / swords dance / poison jab / faint attack

473-m.png

Ray Ramono lv. 44 @ nevermeltice
    oblivious / docile
    ancient power / earthquake / rock climb / ice shard

not a lot of leveling up between updates, aside from ray ramono (if you get the joke then kudos to you) bc he's my last party member. i spent most of the time getting him caught up with the team. i never felt like i was going to lose the battle w candice per se, but i didn't have a lot to counter with tbh, since my pokemon that have super effective moves are also neutral to ice lol but it wasn't too bad, we got the badge and that's all that matters. time to fuck up my movesets for HMs to get through the disaster that is mt. coronet and the galactic plot lol.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
  • Name: Eleanor
    Game: Platinum
    Pokémon that got away:
    Spoiler:

No specific parameters here but I'd still love to get at least one Pokémon from the early-game, as I plan to catch them in-game as normal instead of hacking them in. That said, I may still use the universal pokémon randomizer to add in trade evos or give myself a starter Pokémon if no members of my team are normally available before the first gym!

Let's try this ♥

Years
  • Name: Eleanor
    Game: Platinum
    Pokémon that got away:
    Spoiler:

No specific parameters here but I'd still love to get at least one Pokémon from the early-game, as I plan to catch them in-game as normal instead of hacking them in. That said, I may still use the universal pokémon randomizer to add in trade evos or give myself a starter Pokémon if no members of my team are normally available before the first gym!

Let's try this ♥
    I'm glad I'm not the only one, who wanted to do this challenge now that it's spotlighted challenge. Anyway, your team is: Wormadam, Tropius, Lickilicky, Dusknoir, Octillery, Toxicroak.

And I'll join too, once again with Ultra Moon. I also included all Pokémon that I haven't used in Alola, but might have used in previous regions long time ago.

Username: Janp
    Game: Ultra Moon
    Pokemon that got away:
    Spoiler:

Parameters: I would love to get a team of 6 Pokémon. I don't mind if their types overlap a little bit, but please don't make a team, where 4 or more members share a same type. I wouldn't mind if there was at least 1 Pokémon available before facing the first Trial.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
  • I'm glad I'm not the only one, who wanted to do this challenge now that it's spotlighted challenge. Anyway, your team is: Wormadam, Tropius, Lickilicky, Dusknoir, Octillery, Toxicroak.

And I'll join too, once again with Ultra Moon. I also included all Pokémon that I haven't used in Alola, but might have used in previous regions long time ago.

Username: Janp
    Pokemon that got away:
    Spoiler:

Parameters: I would love to get a team of 6 Pokémon. I don't mind if their types overlap a little bit, but please don't make a team, where 4 or more members share a same type. I wouldn't mind if there was at least 1 Pokémon available before facing the first Trial.

Wow, what a team :o I'll try and do my best but... of course you had to give me wormadam, uh? :)

As for your team, turns out Crabrawler should be available before the first trial so that's one member sorted. As for the rest, let's see...

Your 6 Pokémon will be:
    • Crabominable
    • Carbink
    • Lurantis
    • Corsola
    • Mandibuzz
    • Porygon-Z

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Updated the OP!

Also, might as well go for another go.

Username: Shooting Star
    Game: Ultra Sun
    Pokemon that got away: Long list below
    Spoiler:

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
  • Update #1: Estelle

So... I definitely got an interesting team, uh? Basically all of them can act as decent mixed attackers and learn a bunch of different moves, but are all quite slow (Toxicroak, the fastest, is still only base 85) and as it turns out, none can be obtained before the first badge. I also have a trade evolution in Dusknoir, so... I did what I could, courtesy of the Universal Pokémon Randomizer. Basically, I unchecked the "Avoid impossible evolutions" (I still don't know how that works but... there's got to be a way to evolve Dusclops now, right?), and yes... swapped out Chimchar with the first available Pokémon of my team... Burmy. A level 5 Burmy.

And here begins the saga of Estelle. At level 5, she knows nothing but Protect, which means that this challenge is already next to impossible. I had to Struggle train against various Pokémon, spending literally all my money in Potions because most of the time, she was even too weak to finish a fight without KOing herself in the process - although by level 7 or 8 she was strong enough to at least not need any more Potion help. Which still means running to mom to get healed up, stall out wild Kricketot with Protect, KO one other wild Pokémon with struggle, and run back to heal again because she would faint if she'd struggle any more times.

I am extremely glad for speed-up buttons, just saying :)

Finally the thing learns Tackle, and given the higher level, the rest of the road to Oreburgh is surprisingly smooth. Except Barry... well, "Nolan" since speed-up made me pick the name under "Barry" in the list of options and then lock it in. The problem there is Starly, which loves to spam Growl, and Piplup, which can sponge so many Tackles anyways due to Burmy's attack being quite underwhelming. I only got through by spamming Potions like there was no tomorrow...

Once I get to Oreburgh, Burmy learns Bug Bite (finally!) and can at least do something against the various Geodudes that start to appear as opponents. But there's still no way I can make it through the whole gym without evolving Estelle into Wormadam. After a test run where I gauge the amount of Exp. the trainers in there give out, I battle them with Estelle at level 19. Weirdly enough, the level advantage makes it pretty easy for her to deal with Geodude and even Onix with Bug Bite, and because of the training I did earlier, Burmy finally evolves right after battling the second Youngster. As far as I know, this is the only way to guarantee that Burmy evolves into the Wormadam I want: the Trash one.

Which is pretty fitting, but surprisingly is also the best form I can ask for right now, courtesy of the Steel type.

Now, Wormadam Trash is somehow pink, which in my case also explains why I tried to name my Pokémon Estelle. See, I've recently started Tales of Vesperia and met Princess Estellise bla bla bla, aka. Estelle, and decided to give Burmy that nickname out of pity for the poor thing. Maybe that would let me get attached more.
    Honestly, Estelle from Tales of Vesperia doesn't deserve that comparison to begin with, but... not gonna lie, after the evolution, Wormadam had some tricks up her sleeve to make me appreciate her.

First of all, at level 20 and fully evolved, she was able to deal considerable damage with just Bug Bite. But even better, she learned Hidden Power, which turned out to be Water. That made Roark's battle a breeze and let me continue on. With that level advantage, all I needed to do was basically speed-run the rest of the game.

The Steel-type let me handle Mars way too easily, and Bug Bite got me my second badge against Gardenia nearly as easily as with Roark. Plus, it stole Roserade's Sitrus Berry, which was just perfect to see. Even Jupiter couldn't do much against Estelle. And once that was dealt with, I immediately got to Hearthome, avoiding trainers here and there for potential later training. That is where I had the last difficult battles of this update: Fantina took me various tries and Mirror Shot spam (as well as various potions because of Duskull's Will-o-wisp), but at least Psybeam dealt with Haunter in one hit. Nolan also went down relatively easily, but only with some more potion spam because of Ponyta and Prinplup dealing lots of damage to my Bug-Steel type.

And that's the saga of Estelle the Trash Wormadam. Now that I have access to Route 209 and beyond, I can get her some new friends, but... I sure will not forget how far we've got in the game, just me and her.

Current team:

Estelle (Wormadam-Steel), ♀, lv. 34
    Psybeam, Hidden Power (Water), Bug Bite, Mirror Shot

Last edited:
    Years
  • Wow, what a team :o I'll try and do my best but... of course you had to give me wormadam, uh? :)

As for your team, turns out Crabrawler should be available before the first trial so that's one member sorted. As for the rest, let's see...

Your 6 Pokémon will be:
    • Crabominable
    • Carbink
    • Lurantis
    • Corsola
    • Mandibuzz
    • Porygon-Z
    Wormadam is the best. Can you even call yourself a Challenges mod, if you haven't solo Cynthia with Wormadam?

And thanks for the team. I wanted to use Crabominable in my very first playthrough of Sun, but I was unlucky and didn't found Crabrawler in early berry piles and I found out it evolves pretty late, so I never got around to actually use it. I think I can't get Porygon before post-game, so I'll trade one in as my starter.

Updated the OP!

Also, might as well go for another go.

Username: Shooting Star
    Game: Ultra Sun
    Pokemon that got away: Long list below
    Spoiler:
    Let's see... Quite a lot of your Pokémon can't be obtained in the game, so I hope this team is okay: Gliscor, Oricorio, Shedinja, Salazzle, Avalugg, Miltank.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Let's see... Quite a lot of your Pokémon can't be obtained in the game, so I hope this team is okay: Gliscor, Oricorio, Shedinja, Salazzle, Avalugg, Miltank.

Oh, that's fine, but if the problem was availability, don't worry. I can just hack everybody in (at appropriate baby forms).

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
  • Update #2: The rest of them

Beating Barry - I mean, Nolan - had essentially unlocked every other team member for my run. I decided to keep going with Tales of Vesperia characters and ended up with Duke the Duskull (Route 209), Judith the Lickitung (Route 215), Rita the Remoraid (Route 213), Flynn the Tropius and Yuri the Croagunk (Great Marsh). Of course, as I progressed through the new areas, it was Estelle who kept me going, whereas all of the other Pokémon were only getting some switch training or passive experience with the Exp. Share. Luckily, though, they got strong enough fast enough.

I used Estelle versus Maylene, yes, but the main play there was actually from Yuri resisting Metal Claw from Lucario and hitting back with Revenge. Flynn also cleaned up a lot of gym trainers, in part thanks to being already fully evolved. Against Wake, it was Judith's turn to shine and sparkle (literally) thanks to the Shock Wave TM. As a newly evolved Lickilicky, she took hits from Wake's Gyarados very well before succumbing to Floatzel, who was then defeated by Yuri of all things because for some reason, Wake can't wrap his head around Dry Skin at all. Seriously, Floatzel just kept using Brine over and over!

The foggy part of route 210 was, however, where I could notice a big spike in difficulty, even with rogue trainers. Levels were really catching up to my team and especially Estelle, but at the same time I was getting closer to some much needed evolutions. Octillery and Lickilicky had evolved fast enough, sure, but as I moved towards Canalave, I could finally get a Toxicroak and a Dusclops. I wish I could say they helped against Byron, but ironically, Yuri has been more useful as a Croagunk so far: once Magneton went down to him, Rita took care of the rest of Byron's team with no issues, by just using Surf.

The route to Snowpoint was not getting any easier though. Toxicroak is just a frail Pokémon and not getting any fighting-type move that isn't Revenge (which capitalizes on getting hit before attacking) is a problem. Estelle is losing the level advantage. Lickilicky sponges hits quite well but is not that strong offensively. And it has to be said, Dusclops really isn't doing much and never has, compared to other members of my team.

On the plus side... well, I just know that Duke will be more useful later, as a Dusknoir. And I'm confident enough that I can get by at least up until the League. Surf also lets me pick up some useful TMs and items. And hey, Estelle is still a Steel type.

Case in point, she's the one that deals with Candice the better, after Yuri and Flynn (ironically) help a bit against Piloswine. This is a fight that took me some tries admittedly, just like with Fantina, but I still managed. I have to say, I don't have that great of a strategy most of the time, I just try to improvise and see what I can do before "spending" important items such as TMs or Heart Scales. For now, this gives me... seven badges and a whole Galactic HQ to conquer. Oof ^^;

Oh, and a Reaper Cloth to evolve Duke. It was only available after Candice, right on top of the Rock Climb area on Lake Acuity, but I already used it!
    Current team:

Estelle (Wormadam-Steel), ♀, lv. 44
    Psychic, Hidden Power (Water), Bug Bite, Mirror Shot

Yuri (Toxicroak), ♂, lv. 40
    Brick Break, Faint Attack, Dig, Sucker Punch

Judith (Lickilicky), ♀, lv. 39
    Shock Wave, Rollout, Disable, Stomp

Duke (Dusknoir), ♂, lv. 42
    Shadow Punch, Pursuit, Will-o-wisp, Curse

Rita (Octillery), ♀, lv. 41
    Surf, Aurora Beam, Psybeam, Wring Out

Flynn (Tropius), ♂, lv. 40
    Razor Leaf, Aerial Ace, Flying, Body Slam

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
  • Update #3: The Potions

So. I don't know if I'm deserving of the title of Challenge Mod after what I did in order to power through with this challenge, but technically... I did get into the hall of fame, right?

Let's just start with the Veilstone Galactic HQ, where I learned just how powerful Honchkrow can be. I was able to take care of Sneasel and Crobat with Lickilicky's Rollout (so fun to see that work) but Honchkrow needed some more work from Rita and Estelle, and there was really no Pokémon that could really take its hits that well. I got through Mars and Jupiter at Spear Pillar well enough but of course, you have to battle Cyrus again in the Distortion World! And I was starting to get underleveled. That's when I resorted to using lots of Hyper Potions in battle to give Judith and Estelle enough endurance to deal with his Pokémon, before Rita defeated Giratina and sort of saved the world.

That opens up one of my typical grinding spots for Sinnoh late game... Sunyshore and nearby routes. Route 223 has level 50 wild Pokémon (!!) and there's various trainers near there with Gyarados or other powerful Water types. The problem? Usually the best way to deal with them is Electric-types, and that's why I think they're so important. That's also why they're kinda rare in the list I submitted (although I probably should've been kind to myself and added Electrode or something). With a slow team and Shock Wave Lickilicky of all things, grinding there was complicated, and even giving Duke Thunder Punch via Heart Scale could only get me so far. Luckily... I beat Volkner easily enough with Yuri's Dig (with help from Duke and Judith). Surely easier than anticipated.

The Victory Road trainers were also a bit easier than I expected, and that made me eager to just go all in with the league challenge. I probably shouldn't have done that so soon but... I just got some TMs, gave them to my Pokémon, and headed in. I'll already say, I didn't get to use those moves much... oops!

• Aaron was kind of complicated because of some of his switching and evasion strategies, but Judith got Rock Slide for this fight and put it to... relatively good use. Well, it still didn't do that much damage even to things like Vespiquen, but it got us through. Fire Blast from Rita destroyed Scizor and Duke dealt with Drapion with his new move, Earthquake, which replaced Thunder Punch.
    • Bertha was probably the easiest, thanks to Flynn and Rita. Gliscor sure gave me some trouble because of Thunder Fang, but healing off the damage with potions was enough. Phew!
    • Flint was a disaster to be fair. As it turns out, Yuri is somehow faster than his Houndoom and can defeat it with one Brick Break, but the rest of his team is way faster and more dangerous than my low level team can really handle. Throughout this whole battle, my hopes were on Duke, who eventually powered through with Earthquake damage and potions, whereas the rest of my team (including Rita) were mostly there to give me more turns to heal. I thought Rita could do better but the coverage moves that Flint has on his Pokémon ruined that plan, and... yes, this doesn't fit with my typical "fast Pokémon" playstyle.
    • Lucian was finally Estelle's time to shine. Sorta. It was another sloppy battle, but luckily, I still had Sucker Punch on Yuri to deal with Alakazam, Rita with Fire Blast for Bronzong, and... lots of potions to sponge hits with Estelle as she politely bit into her opponents with Bug Bite.
    • Cynthia... took me a lot of tries and money. There's no real reason for such a big level jump between Aaron and Cynthia's teams, but oh well... let's go. Spiritomb went down thanks to a Curse from Duke and Estelle just taking hits, but then Garchomp came in and my Wormadam succumbed. Rita could defeat Garchomp in two hits, but was always left with about 10 HP or so from her opponent's attacks, so I had to use Flynn there as punching bad to heal Rita back up. That's what you get for being weak to way too many coverage moves I guess. This is the point where I also resorted to use Revives and not just potions in battle, which allowed me to sponge all of Roserade's moves with Estelle and slowly whittle her down with Psychic. Milotic was the one Pokémon against which I had some sort of answer, Judith's Power Whip, so that was a change of pace. Lucario was a bit more threatening, but Yuri proved to be useful there and got his moment of spotlight, leaving just Togekiss still to go. Being Cynthia's last Pokémon and not knowing what to do (Lickilicky technically had Thunderbolt but, never was a TM more useless, courtesy of Aura Sphere on her opponent's moveset), I just decided to revive Duke one last time and Curse. Rita sponged the remaining hits until Togekiss went down, and... yeah, I guess I made it.

So... ok, I kept the Set battle style, and I was able to make it through underleveled, but... I used way too many items in battle, including revives. Feel free to roast me or fire me for that, idk :) but pls have some mercy

Current team:

Estelle (Wormadam-Steel), ♀, lv. 51 @ Metal Coat
    Anticipation - Psychic, Rain Dance, Bug Bite, Iron Head

My starter! She was actually not bad at all for the first part of the game, once I could get her evolved that is, and even later on she was surprisingly resistant. Her main advantage is obviously the typing (I'm glad I chose this form, for sure) but it has to be said... her movepool is quite limited and not learning anything better than Bug Bite doesn't help. I can definitely see why I skipped this Pokémon but after the reputation she's made for herself I'm actually very happy that I could take her to the league and have her hold her weight. It's a lovely redemption arc.

Yuri (Toxicroak), ♂, lv.52 @ Black Sludge
    Dry Skin - Brick Break, Poison Jab, Dig, Sucker Punch

My impression of Toxicroak is that despite his power and versatility, it remains a difficult Pokémon to use well. As I already said, learning Revenge as his main Fighting stab is the most glaring problem I could find him, but having Dry Skin and 85 Base Speed also should've made me act more considerate and careful when using this Pokémon. That said, that 150 Attack stat at level 50 was a great asset to the team.

Judith (Lickilicky), ♀, lv. 51 @ Rock Incense
    Oblivious - Return, Rock Slide, Power Whip, Thunderbolt

I've actually been meaning to use more of these Normal types with large movepools but I admit, Lickilicky wasn't my first choice (that would've been Clefable most likely). In this case, Judith's Impish nature didn't really help her much with versatility either, and I feel like her level-up moveset didn't do her justice, save for Power Whip perhaps. That big HP stat and those nice defensive stats, though, really helped in many situations, and I'm not sure I would've made it all the way to the league this fast without her.

Duke (Dusknoir), ♂, lv. 53 @ Earth Plate
    Pressure - Shadow Punch, Earthquake, Will-o-wisp, Curse

This is probably the last Pokémon that started becoming useful in my team. Up until level 40 or so, when I made him evolve into Dusknoir, he barely took part in battles and mostly leveled up with the Exp Share. But after that, he really turned into an important team member! Mostly because of Curse, Earthquake and that nice Attack stat - so, still kind of situational - but you know. That was essential, especially against Cynthia. Again, kind of a hard Pokémon to use in a general run, but not bad in itself.

Rita (Octillery), ♀, lv. 52 @ Mystic Water
    Suction Cups - Surf, Ice Beam, Fire Blast, Psybeam

I feel like Octillery falls into the "good attacking stats but not much else" category with the likes of Exploud, Camerupt, Cacturne, Absol and more. Which makes it kind of a hard Pokémon to use once again, one that usually takes one or two hits before going down but can at least deal damage back before that happens. That has been the case actually, with Rita surviving many hits at low health, just enough to retaliate, and at least when it comes to deal damage... crazy coverage even by level-up moves (Ice Beam by level up? Amazing!) at least helped her. That's definitely the one thing Octillery had going for her. She may not be the best Pokémon but I still have to thank her for dealing with Cynthia's Garchomp, as well as Byron and a bunch of other Rock and Ground types~

Flynn (Tropius), ♂, lv. 50 @ Sky Plate
    Solar Power - Grass Knot, Air Slash, Toxic, Body Slam

Admittedly, Tropius was a bit of a disappointment. A Grass-type without many of the moves that make Grass-types... Grass-types (Leech Seed etc.) and whose effectiveness as a Flying-type was often undermined by all the coverage moves that Pokémon usually had, and that happened to be effective against his Grass-type. I have to wonder if Jumpluff, despite its non-existant attacking stats, could've helped just as much here because of things like Sleep Powder. It did provide coverage in some battles though, and definitely helped against Bertha - plus, it's a single stage Pokémon, so back when I had recently caught him, he was a force to be reckoned with. So, once again, not so bad.

And there we go! I seriously need to take a break here, completing a challenge in 2 days or so was not properly a healthy thing to do ^^;

Years
  • Sure, let's try it

Username: Kostucha
    Pokemon that got away:
    Spoiler:

Parameters: something available before the first trial

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Found a spare gaming moment to start this.

Username: Devalue
    Game: Crystal
    Pokemon that got away:
    Spoiler:

Parameters: A full team of six. Specifies nothing else. (Hacks in any Pokemon as necessary.)

Back