• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The ORAS Mega Evolutions

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • zyaj7grl5js29jgwxfhq.gif

In Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire there were plenty of Mega Evolutions made and introduced as part of the new games, which included: Sceptile, Swampert, Altaria, Pidgeot and many other loved Pokémon got Mega Evolutions in these two lovely games.

(If you want a full list, check this out!)

• Which Mega Evolution introduced to these games is/are your favorite(s)? Why?
    • Any other favorites besides that one Mega Evolution?
    • What's your least favorite Mega Evolution from this game?
    • Share any other thoughts! (Note you don't have to reply to these questions in a list, this is just to bounce some ideas)

Personally, I do enjoy using Mega Blaziken as well as Mega Altaria! Mega Altaria especially because it's proving to be a real power house if you use Dragon Dance for it a lot, as it can hit like a truck with it's Pixilate ability, using moves like Return or Frustration! Mega Gallade looks pretty awesome too. <33

Years
  • Mega Sceptile and Mega Metagross are my favorite ORAS megas. I don't like Audino, because it's just nothing special but now with a fairy type.

And Mega Sableye. I hate that monster.

Delirious Absol

Call me Del
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    My favourites would be Mega Gallade and Mega Lopunny. I love their designs, and Lopunny is one of my favourite ones to use as it hits hard but is still cute! My least favourites from ORAS are Mega Slowbrow and Mega Glalie. Their designs just don't do anything for me, and Glalie creeps me out prior to mega evolution never mind after...

Years
  • My absolute faves of the bunch in terms of design are Mega Altaria, Mega Lopunny and Mega Audino, and while the latter doesn't have the same strength as the other two she does at least make up for it with her very Kyubey-ish appearance and the fact she still looks as cute as ever.

Altaria and Lopunny pack some strong abilities in Pixilate and Scrappy, which really benefit them greatly, with the former able to unleash strong Hyper Voices or Returns while being able to take hits with its increases defenses as well. Lopunny on the other hand can destroy almost anything with just Normal and Fighting moves given Scrappy makes it a near-unresisted attacking combination, plus also having elemental punches and tons of speed makes her a cute but deadly threat.

Other notable mentions are Mega Gallade for his strong attacking power along with his massive movepool, Mega Beedrill which is fast and hits hard despite still being as frail as ever, Mega Slowbro for being a strong defensive tank that can strike hard, and even Mega Glalie has its moments as well, such as having the strongest Explosion of any Pokemon. And no I don't find it creepy.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I'm fine with the Pokémon who got their Megas, but some Hoenn Pokémon like Kingdra, Roserade, Milotic, Flygon, Swellow, Shiftry really need their Megas to keep up with the competitive scene.

My favorite Mega designs from OrAs are Mega Lopunny, Mega Pidgeot, Mega Steelix, Mega Sceptile, Mega Sharpedo, Mega Metagross, Mega Gallade, Mega Diancie, Mega Audino

Meng Jiaxin

Dragonlord of the Seas
    Years
  • Favorite has to be Mega Rayquaza (what? :P) I also love Mega Gallade (I will totally use Gallade and Gardevoir as a pair now), Mega Latias, Mega Latios, Mega Sharpedo and Mega Diancie.

Don't really care for Mega Lopunny, Mega Pidgeot or Mega Camerupt, though. But what I really want is for Unova and Kalos starters to have Mega forms. :D

Frozen Lotus

Shay's Ice Prince
    Years
  • Favorite OR/AS Mega is a toss-up between M-Swampert, M-Diancie, and M-Rayquaza. All three ended up letting me LOVE a Pokemon that I always wanted to like but something about their design just... bothered me. Though the reason I favor them? Well...

Swampert: It's... just... power. It looks so unbelievably over the top and titan-like I couldn't NOT love it. I've always loved Swampert's typing, it's actually one of my favorite typings in the series, and this has given me my absolute favorite Water/Ground type to use. He's just so fun to use in battle.

Diancie: It's elegance and beauty at its finest, and whereas normal Swampert's design only bugged me a little, Diance's normal design REALLY bothered me. It was the giant rock butt. It just looked so... out of place and awkward. The Mega, though? It completely fixed that, made it elegant beyond words, and became ABSURDLY powerful in the process. I also love its typing.

Rayquaza: It's SO overdone, SO over the top, and SO needlessly flashy that these things ALONE make me like it. It's one of those designs where they clearly just didn't care about what ANYONE would think or about any restrictions whatsoever. They went for broke, and while it's so overpowered it got it forced its own Smogon tier above Uber (AG)... that just makes it even cooler. It's the "We just made something really over the top and awesome" Pokemon. And honestly, it really does look amazingly awesome. Everything about it is well thought out and just... works.

Least favorite Mega from OR/AS is probably M-Slowbro. I adore Slowbro... so, so much. I'd wanted a Mega for him for a long time. What I got? A mega that honestly looked like a lazy fan edit made as a hoax, who ended up being completely legit and... completely awful. They just plain gave it the wrong ability for how it'd need to perform, and now it's one of those "You'd have to be crazy or in love to use this as your Mega" kinds of megas.

Years
  • I absolutely love Mega Absol and Mega Houndoom. I personally think Sceptile,Mawile,Camerupt,Kangaskhan,and Alakazam are okay. Diancie and Rayquaza were expected in how I thought they would look. For new mega evolutions I would LOVE to see a Mega Mightyena or mega evolutions of the new Pokèmon introduced in the Unova (I think it is spelled like this) Region like Pyroar or Purugly. I hate how Latios,Groudon,and Lopunny look. They look a little too underdone,like they could have done more to them. I think they also need to add in Mega Gyarados and Mega Linoone.

Meng Jiaxin

Dragonlord of the Seas
    Years
  • I absolutely love Mega Absol and Mega Houndoom. I personally think Sceptile,Mawile,Camerupt,Kangaskhan,and Alakazam are okay. Diancie and Rayquaza were expected in how I thought they would look. For new mega evolutions I would LOVE to see a Mega Mightyena or mega evolutions of the new Pokèmon introduced in the Unova (I think it is spelled like this) Region like Pyroar or Purugly. I hate how Latios,Groudon,and Lopunny look. They look a little too underdone,like they could have done more to them. I think they also need to add in Mega Gyarados and Mega Linoone.

Mega Gyarados already exists (rather have a water/dragon typing instead of water/dark though).

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Considering that Gallade is one of my favorite Pokemon, I'm glad it got a neat-looking Mega Evolution. Sure, it's not the best Mega, but it's much improved over the original.

Urugamosu

Happy, and Searching.
    Years
  • I'm surprised but also happy that Lopunny got a Mega Evolution, I didn't expect it to be so soon, but here it is. And it's gorgeous.

Lapis

✿ Flower Child ✿
    Years
  • • Which Mega Evolution introduced to these games is/are your favorite(s)? Why? My most favorite Mega Evolution that is introduced in ORAS has got to be Mega Altaria. No idea really, it is just so cute and fluffy. <3
    • Any other favorites besides that one Mega Evolution? Mega Sceptile is pretty cool as well. ^-^
    • What's your least favorite Mega Evolution from this game? Probably Mega Audino. Just seems very unnecessary imo. :s

Ste182

If Pokemon is for children, then by Arceus, I'll n
    Years
  • My least favourites from ORAS are Mega Slowbrow and Mega Glalie. Their designs just don't do anything for me, and Glalie creeps me out prior to mega evolution never mind after...

Lol I totally agree with you there. Especially about Glalie.

My favorite Megas are probably Swampert and Metagross. My playthrough team though had 4 Pokemon who could mega evolve lol.

I wish they would have give Tropius a mega. I've never used it because of its terrible stats, but I love it's design.

Years
  • Mega Sceptile is great because of the type addition of dragon, which is cool. Also, I think Altaria has a nice design, love the fluffiness haha :] Finally, Lopunny's M is under-appreciated.

Years
  • Favorite mega is "absol"utely him, soo fluffy it looks like, and he looks so regal and like a dark prince. And he can be used well.

Years
  • Mega Pidgeot is my favorite. My Breeze is the bee's knees! Absolutely love her. :)
    And mega Steelix is right up there with her. Mine is shiny so he's definitely stunning. And of course I named him Gold. xD

Hydralisk

Rookie Champion
    Years
  • My favorites are definitely Mega Gallade and Mega Blaziken. I always choose Torchic as my starter and now that Blaziken has a Mega Evolution in it's remake... it's just amazing!

The Mega Evolution of Venusaur is the most poor Mega Evolution I can think of. I am not entirely sure if it was also introduced in ORAS, though.

A Pokemon I would like to see having a Mega Evolution is Mightyena. If I imagine it a bit in my head, I think it could become really nice. Eventhough Mightyena's basic stats are not that good, it would probably only be great for the sprite and the Pokemon itself.

Back