• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] The PokeCommunity Game-Along II: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I hope Dawn is going alright. But thanks Shun for taking over for now.

As for the game, I'm not sure what I'll play right. I kinda hoped the theme would help me pick... I might play either Elex or Nekopara Volume 4 for this month.

Years
  • Okay, I came up with my game. Elex? No. Nekopara? No, that's for kids... I'll be playing the most adult game out there... Goofy's Fun House!

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Ughhhhh, let's go with Picross 3D for the Nintendo DS I guess

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Ty for taking over the thread for now! Hope Dawn is okay and can return soon too. <3

I've been mulling over my game choice for a few days, mostly because the only game that had come to mind was Final Fantasy IX and I just didn't think I had a really long JRPG in me. Buuut then the new XIV expansion came out and people are mentioning references and connections too IV, so... I have dusted off my Vita and will finally play the copy of Final Fantasy IV I bought for it nearly a decade ago. According to HowLongToBeat, it's about half the length of IX, so I think it's pretty doable for the last 2/3rds of the month!

Cherrim

Years
  • Finished up Final Fantasy IV today! I enjoyed it, particularly all the parts that made me go "hmmmmmmm" about the direction FFXIV's plot is going. Gonna be lots of references to this one, I think, so I'm glad I finally took the time to play this game.

Years
  • I meant to post here earlier, but I finished Goofy's Fun House few weeks ago. You can read about my whole playthrough in my Game Journal. Here are overall thoughts:

I think nostalgia will affect my rating here a lot. The game is simple, but it does everything it sets up to do really well. Goofy's house is fun to explore. There are a lot of things to interact with and Goofy comments on basically everything you see and do in the game. Everything is colorful and the world around Goofy's house seems full of life, even though it's mostly empty. Minigames are mostly fun, but the game doesn't bother to tell you how to control them and even when you figure it out, it's anything but not good. It's rough, dull and I have no idea how could my younger me ever finish it multiple times.
    I enjoyed pretty much every minute of this two hours adventure. It was nice journey to my childhood and kinda made me want to play other PS1 games. 7.5/10.

pkmin3033

Its time to jump up in the air! Jump up, don't be scared! Jump up, and your cares will soar away!

Or you'll plummet to your untimely demise. Whichever. You know how it goes sometimes. Especially when the camera doesn't want to co-operate with you...

The theme for this month is Platformers! One of gaming's most recognised genres thanks to the likes of the Mario and Sonic series, platform games have since branched out significantly to incorporate other elements into their gameplay. So sub-genres are A-OK for this month! Puzzle platformers, run-and-guns, and even that most populated of genres, platform-adventure titles, better known as Metroidvanias. 2D or 3D, take your pick. So build up those lives, measure that gap, and take a leap of faith into the unknown!

Years
  • I'm going to play through Limbo again for this and use its short play time as an excuse to try and get through multiple games in a month again xD

Cherrim

Years
  • Oh good, a chance to play Ori and the Will of the Wisps! :D I am absolutely terrible at platformers but I loved the first one and will do my best to make it through the sequel too ahaha.

Years
  • I have a lots of platformers on my to-play list. Hmmm... I think I'll go either with DuckTales Remastered or one of the older Mario titles.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    I guess I'll go with Shovel Knight. Never played it before, but I've heard good things about it.

Also, pretty sure I forgot to mention in this thread but I finished Picross 3D a few days ago, my thoughts on it are in my game journal for the other event.

Years
  • Forgot to post this here earlier. You can read my whole experience in my Journal.

DuckTales Remastered
    While I can't compare this version to the original version, I had a lot of fun. I was surprised by the difficulty while playing on Medium and decided to switch to Easy after few tries. It became a little bit too much easy for my taste at that difficulty, but at least I didn't have to restart whole level each time I died. I had a lot of fun when it comes to platforming. It story was kinda slowing the pace of the whole game, since sometimes it got to the Pokémon Sun and Moon level of annoyance. I started a level after few minutes of cutscene, jumped over one hole to got another cutscene. Got past few more enemies and another cutscene. But the humour in the game is the same I remember from the show. And it was funny. This is another well-crafted experience 9/10.

Cherrim

Years
  • Omg did I really forget to post? I beat Ori sequel like weeks ago ahahaha. It was an absolutely amazing game and I went out of my way to 100% it. :D Please play these games!!

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • April - RNGezus take the wheel

This month's theme is RNG, which is very simple. You post 4 games in here and RNG will decide your game for this month. So if you cannot decide what to play, let RNGezus take the wheel for you and decide for you.

I will not be held responsible for the choices that come out of this

Years
  • Perfect. I can't decide what to play next:

1. Resident Evil
    2. Void Bastards
    3. The Stillness of the Wind
    4. Mario Galaxy

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back