• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] The PokeCommunity Game-Along

pkmin3033

Layout credit to Corviknight & Juno, edited poorly by Dawn who has no idea how to CSS

Welcome to the PokeCommunity Game-Along! This will be a monthly event through 2020 and hopefully beyond!

What is the Game-Along, we hear you ask? It's quite simple: at the beginning of each month, we will select a theme. This could be anything - a genre, a series, etc. Your task will be to play and beat (by which we mean you must finish the main story mode/see the end credits) a game that matches that theme before the end of the month!

So for example, if the month's theme was RPGs, you could play any game that would classify as an RPG (Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem, etc) to qualify...as long as you beat it before the month is up! The game can be any length, it can be a replay, or it can even be something you're currently playing if you choose - the only requirement is that it fits the theme for the month, and that you finish it in the current month.

To enter the Game-Along, just respond to this thread with the game you are playing, keep us updated on your progress (if it suits you - the more detail you give us of your experience, the better!) and let us know when you've finished and what you thought of the game. Where possible, we will suggest free games that match a theme, so in the event that you do not own a game that matches a theme and still wish to participate, you will still have the option to do so.

You can join at any time during the year, and you are not obligated to participate every month. Games are supposed to be fun, so make sure you have fun!

This post will be periodically updated with the current theme and participants.

If you have any questions or suggestions for monthly themes you'd like to see, feel free to post in here.

There will probably be prizes for this if you complete a whole year. December is a long way off, and let's see how this goes first.

Statistics

January - Free Choice​
Spoiler:

February - Retro​
Spoiler:

March - Spin-offs​
Spoiler:

April - RNG​

Spoiler:

May - Swords and Sorcery​
Spoiler:

June - Free Choice​

Spoiler:

Last edited:

pkmin3033

The theme for January is...nothing! We're going to leave the choice of what you play this month entirely in your hands! Why not play one of those new games that you probably got for Christmas, or tackle that game that's been sitting on your shelf for weeks/months/years? It's up to you!

Lumina

Lucid Melody
Years
an event cant be annual AND monthly those are mutually exclusive, it's a year-long event with monthly updates

I'll do Portal :D relaxing ez game to start the event with.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
it's ok I can't really CSS either

Since we can go with anything this month I think I'll have my pick be Code Vein. I was gonna start another NG+ cycle tomorrow so that'd probably be good to go with.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Oooh, I definitely wanna do this. I... would love to commit to beating Dragon Quest Builders 2, since I got it for Christmas, but I've played it for two whole days and I don't feel like I've gotten anywhere in the plot so it might be much longer than I expected, so I think instead I will replay Ghost Trick at some point this month and make that my January game. :D

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Hmm, I might go with Sakura Wars 1 since that's fan translated now, but if not, Legend of the Heroes 1.

pkmin3033

an event cant be annual AND monthly those are mutually exclusive, it's a year-long event with monthly updates
It was supposed to say monthly but started off as annual and the annual didn't get taken out, it's been fixed now, thank you for pointing that out~

Thank you all for your participation! Let us know from time-to-time how you're getting on :3

As for me...well, I WAS going to go with Fairune, but that's only a couple of hours and I will probably finish it before the end of the day, haha. Instead I shall go with Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag this month, which is what I am supposed to be playing. xD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Alright, I'm currently playing Jedi: Fallen Order, so I might as well join with that :) Can't promise I'll have it beaten in one month; I try to get all the secrets and revisit planets haha. But we'll see!

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
Hmm, I might go with Sakura Wars 1 since that's fan translated now, but if not, Legend of the Heroes 1.

Wait that has a translation now???

Also I'm using this as my excuse to finally play Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions. An old as shite SRPG for the based PS1 remade for the second worst handheld, the Play Station Portable. May the gods pity my horrible decision making.

Please stop bullying me now, Dissidia discord.

Pig

Angry ecologist
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
Put me down for Legend of Legacy for January.

This tied in perfectly with my 2020 goal of playing one new game a month!

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
Years
I'll have my first update. Started the game and went through the first stage with ease... Should be since there were only 5 races to be held. My starter car is a Toyota Corolla and I hate everything about it, so I asked a member on this forums to pick a car I will go through for the entire game... if I have it unlocked, if not I will continue with the rage-inducing Corolla till I unlock the car... the start is very fast compared to the last stage which is about as long as the other 4 stages combined.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
Just finished Chapter 1 (Ragnar's story) and I'm currently playing through Alena's story. Just leveling up as well as getting better equipment before finishing Chapter 2. I'm enjoying it so far, although I'm slightly mad that I could have won one battle if it weren't for a worm attacking before me and a beetle delivering the final blow.

Ranko

Aloof Unmoving Maiden
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 14, 2023
Oh this is super cool. I'll try to think of something soon!

pkmin3033

As a small update from me on progress, I'm currently on Sequence 3 in Nassau. I'm 100%-ing every area before I do the main story missions, so it's probably going to take me a while...I need to go back and do an annoying optional objective of an earlier sequence at some point, too. I am REALLY looking forward to getting back to sea, if only because I found the Druken Sailor shanty and I am dying to have my crew sing that whilst I sail around. Atmosphere is a big part of video games to me, ok. You don't get much more pirate than that, haha. My overall completion is 13% so I'm guessing this game isn't as big as Odyssey...thank god for that. Odyssey took me about 6 weeks to go through =x

Back