• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Pokemon OR/AS 'Should-Change' Thread

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Even if they were too iconic for customisation, they could of at least gave us different color for the outfits, be it blue and green. also the contest outfit model is kind of useless if it's only to show off to Lisia and some seconds before a contest, they could of at least let us wear it the whole game.

The only problem with that is now everyone will look the same online, and if 2 people happen to have the same name only their class icon will make them different. And speaking of icons why they didn't even bothered to offer May and Brendan icons.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    This is what bothered me when ORAS was announced, not only will it retcon Emerald as non-canon, but anything after it in the timeline as non-canon, since Juan appears in BW2's PWT.
    I've only got 6 badges atm, but didn't they pull some parallel dimension shtick with ORAS, making it its own separate canon from most of the rest of the series or something like that?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Yet you people complained that XY had too few legendaries to catch. This is why Game Freak should never listen to their fans when it comes to adding content, because the fans have no idea what they really want due to how diverse they are.

They wanted to stay true to the original layout, since it's a remake. While you could say they could at least add a new exclusive building to take the PokeMart's place, but you've complained about New Mauville, so presumably, you'll be too lightly on the new building.

I don't know why you're addressing me as if I represent the entire Pokemon fanbase as a whole or just addressing what I put in bold instead of what I said after, but okay.

I literally said I didn't care amount the amount of legendaries, (in fact, I said I liked how we had access to all of them) I cared about how Lati@s were handed to us - given without capture. That was my problem, not the amount. I also don't understand how you drew the connection between New Mauville and the split Pokemon Center/Mart, because I explicitly stated that I didn't like New Mauville because it had a confusing layout and it felt claustrophobic due to an entire city being under one roof, I said nothing about me not liking it because it was a new building.

Plus, the whole point of a remake is not to do things exactly as they were before. By saying, "they wanted to do it as it was before," you're ignoring everything Gamefreak put into the game that wasn't there - well, let's just toss out the Delta Episode, Primals, Mega Evolutions, new aspects of Secret Bases and contests, Pokemon that were introduced after Gen 3, because none of those were in the original game and thus shouldn't be in a remake, right? The whole point of a remake is to make the games better, plus at the end of the game it says "Based off of the works by the Ruby and Sapphire development team" (something like that) so Gamefreak took what they liked about Gen 3 and worked off of it, they didn't necessarily make RS on 3ds and then said, "What can we do to change this?"

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • Well, apart from the obvious ones like the Battle Frontier, I was hoping for gym leader as well as rival rematches. I know Wally counts as one, but the original pair can mega evolve as well. It's a bit sad to see them able to mega evolve once in a rather sudden battle.

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    I don't know about you guys but, I came here for the trading system. I really hope there is some way to tell the gamedevs that the trading system without levels and communication is terribly inefficient. How am I going to know who to trade with judging by their faces? And how can I tell others I like or dislike his or her offering pokemon? I'm really confused about why they went back in the improvements they made in BW BW2 and XY. :(

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    May's new design irks me for some reason. I would've brought back her R/S design.

Tabitha has been utterly ruined for me. If that fat guy was a new Magma admin altogether, and Tabitha was kept as he was, I could've tolerated it.

I like the new Shelley, but again, I wish she was a new Aqua admin, and the old Shelley was brought back.

Maxie looks a bit too much like a nerd in my opinion. I was more impressed with his old design.

Why do we have to beat Wallace now before we can get the key for New Mauville? In RSE, we could get the Mauville key after receiving the fifth badge, which was perfectly fine.

In RSE, we had to traverse through the deeper parts of the Granite Cave to get to Steven. In ORAS, we can reach Steven right away after defeating Brawly, but we can't even get in most of the cave before getting a bike!

On top of that, Geodude is now rarer in the Granite Cave than it was in RSE! Yes, Zubat and Makuhita are cute and all, but when common Pokemon keep showing up while you want a rarer Pokemon, it can get annoying.

The new music for Mt. Chimney sounds too jazz-like for a volcano. The old music was pretty epic and makes you feel like there's a reason to go and defeat Team Aqua/Magma.

Mega Latias and Mega Latios are soooo unnecessary. I would've made soaring so that it could be done by Pokemon that can fly and carry humans on their back. Examples include Pidgeot, Staraptor, Talonflame, Salamence, and of course the Lati@s.

While I'm glad that Gallade and friends are in the Hoenn dex, I still wish Game Freak had expanded it more. As I've said numerous times before, I was hoping that the Gastly, Houndour, Shellder, Shellos, and Tangela lines, among others, would make the Hoenn dex.

I also miss the Battle Frontier and trainer customization, but I don't think I need to explain those ones.

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
    Years
  • I wish they hadn't made a lot of the pokemon trainers weaker in the remakes than in the originals. They were already pretty bad in those games. Lowering the levels was completely unnecessary. I mean we (those who were kids then) were able to handle that so it's not that hard. -.- I also really did not like how they got rid of the Battle Frontier. That was pretty epic and I was so looking forward to it. They could've made these games so much better...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • In terms of in-game models, I was annoyed that Capt. Stern and Prof. Cozmo had palette swaps of the Gentleman and the Scientist. I feel like they could have used their anime designs to better distinguish them from other people. At least Mr. Briney's model used his anime design.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I wish they hadn't made a lot of the pokemon trainers weaker in the remakes than in the originals. They were already pretty bad in those games. Lowering the levels was completely unnecessary. I mean we (those who were kids then) were able to handle that so it's not that hard. -.- I also really did not like how they got rid of the Battle Frontier. That was pretty epic and I was so looking forward to it. They could've made these games so much better...

I think you have selective memory:

Ruby Saphire - Roxanne: Geodude is lv 14, Nosepass is lv 15
    Brawly: MAchop is lv 17, Makuhita is Lv 18
    Wattson: Magnemite is lv 22, Voltorb is lv 20, Magneton is lv 23
    Flannery: Slugma is Lv 26, Slugma is lv 26, Torkoal is lv 28
    Norman: Slaking is LV 28, Vigoroth is lv 30, Slaking is lv 31,
    Winona: Swellow is lv 30, Pelipper is lv 30, Skarmory is lv 32, Altaria is lv 34
    Tate & Liza: Solrock is lv 42, Lunatone is lv 42
    Wallace: Ludisc is Lv 40, Whiscash is lv 42, Sealeo is lv 40, Seaking is lv 42, Milotic is lv 43

Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire - Roxanne: Geodude is lv 12, Nosepass is lv 14
    Brawly: Machop is lv 14, Makuhita is lv 16
    Wattson: Magnemite is lv 19, Voltorb is lv 19, Magneton is level 21
    Flannery: Slugma is lv 26, Numel is lv 26, Torkoal is lv 28
    Norman: Slaking is lv 28, Vigoroth is lv 28, Slaking is lv 30
    Winona: Swellow is lv 33, Pelipper is lv 33, Skarmory is lv 33, Altaria is lv 35
    Tate & Liza: Lunatone is lv 45, Solrock is Lv 45
    Wallace: Luvdisc is lv 44, Whiscash is lv 44, Sealeo is lv 44, Seaking is lv 44, Milotic is lv 46

So sure, the first few gyms do have pokemon 2 - 3 levels lower, the last few gyms have pokemon that are 3 - 4 levels higher, so not only does it balance out, but most of the middle gym pokemon are the same level. So unless you only play the first 3 gyms and then stop, the gym leaders are pretty much on par with the originals. What I don't get is why does everyone assume the games are easier and not that they are simply better at playing the game? After all, if you played the original (which would be up to 10 years ago depending on your age) why would you automatically assume your skill level would never ever improve ever in anything you ever play ever? No one stays at the same level, everyone always improves so instead of blaming the games, why not blame yourselves for having the secret ability of long term memory and being able to learn from experience? ;-D

Years
  • They should've changed the teams of the gym leaders more, and they should've added a new area to the routes surrounding Fortree, because I think that would be awesome and I always feel like it should be a more important part of the game!

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Gym Leaders. I really thought we are going to have at least one new gym leader or even a new Elite Four. but, nah.

Also, more M-Evolutions. I really thought that revealing all Mega in the trailers leading to the game is bad as it leaves us nothing new in that area to discover.

Also, M-Milotic, M-Butterfree, M-Flygon

Sloan Kettering

Robot Master
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Aug 17, 2018
    The difficult didn't really bother me, if you really want to make it harder, you have tons of options to do so yourself. Nuzlocke, avoiding trainers, not using the exp. share, using weaker/un-evolved pokemon. The diversity makes sense in-game with the whole environment thing, so that's not TOO bad, not to mention it IS part of the 6th generation; you're expected to connect with X and Y. The amount of legendaries is a bit much, but that's just the issue of Game Freak going nuts in gen 4 and 5 with an absurd amount of legendary pokemon that have added up over the years. I like the way the Hoopa rings give us access to pokemon from other times and places, though this does lead me to my only real gripe with ORAS: The lack of post-game content.

The Delta Episode was excellent, don't get me wrong, but once you finish it, there's absolutely nothing worthwhile left to do. The story should not completely die. All we have left to do is catch some legendary pokemon and be disappointed by the lack of a battle frontier. At the very least, there should be new dungeons to contain all the legendary pokemon, not just a small island with nothing to interact with. There should be new lands to explore once you become a Champion. FireRed and LeafGreen gave us the Sevii Islands, Heart Gold and Soul Silver gave us Kanto. Diamond and Pearl at least gave a few new islands and dungeons to explore.

The only thing I have to hope for is some kind of DLC involving Hoopa's rings and such, but that has pretty much been shattered by the discovered Hoopa Unbound event. I loved this game and the story so much that it disappoints me to no end that it just stops with no real conclusion. It's even worse that the Battle Maison is probably the least extensive post-game challenge...ever. Even Crystal offered different brackets for the Battle Tower. It would have at least been nice to hook up with more characters than May/Brendon, Steven, Wally and Maxie/Archie in battles, too.

DLC for gym rematches, more Zinnia, Hoopa and so on would be amazing...

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I just came up with another few:

I don't get why Rayquaza doesn't need an item to Mega Evolve. This just makes Mega Rayquaza more OP than necessary.

The DexNav should show a wild Pokemon's nature too. This would make competitive team building so much easier.

Also, why no gym leader rematches?

DarkPoke001

Newfound Love For Togekiss
    Years
  • Tabitha's New design doesn't bother me much anymore, but there are a few minor annoyances

- You can't Soar to quite late in the game

- No Battle Frontier (but i'm sure this isn't just my opinion -_- )

- The fact that there are 4 contest halls, and they all offer all ranks

-Any Pokémon can enter any Master Rank contest as long as it's unlocked

-Preffered old Pokémon making method

- Many people feel the Safari Zone has been ruined

-Cannot rematch Gym Leaders

-No Friend Safari (Perhaps this should have replace Safari Zone?)

-How easy it is to accidently scare of a Pokémon in DexNav

That's Pretty much it for now
    (Although i don't understand complaints about the quantity water, as i personally like it as it made the region unique and makes sense the Ground vs Water kind-of plot :)

jombii

Years
  • Wow, okay, playing the game, there's a few things that needs some changing.

• Bring back the frontier
    • Bring back gym rematches
    • trainer custom
    • more diverse dex
    • Mega Flygon

I think the Frontier was a good post-game thing, something that XY definitely lacked as it had no post game at all (unless you count the mini side-quest of getting Meg Stones.) I wished to see the Battle Factory again.

Gym rematches should be a given. They grow with you. What's there to stop them from challenging you to a friendly rematch?

Trainer customization had been one of XY's best perks. I understand that GF wanted to retain the nostalgia by retaining Brendan and May as the protagonist, but they could be the base figures.

Also, I am disappointed in seeing the same Pokemon in RSE in ORAS. I mean, there have been three generations after RSE. Would it hurt to include more during the pre-E4 routes to add more choices to the party? I hate to be limited to Pokemon like Gardevoir and Breloom again.

Years
  • Also, I am disappointed in seeing the same Pokemon in RSE in ORAS. I mean, there have been three generations after RSE. Would it hurt to include more during the pre-E4 routes to add more choices to the party? I hate to be limited to Pokemon like Gardevoir and Breloom again.

Well, there is a reason why they stuck to the original Hoenn Dex. It's a remake, and as a result they stick to the nostalgia of the original games but have it tweaked for the modern generation, and this time around they added 9 new Pokemon (the 4th Gen evos and pre-evos related to Hoenn Dex Pokemon = Budew, Roserade, Magnezone, Probopass, Gallade, Froslass, Dusknoir, Chingling and Rhyperior) which is at least including all the cross-gen relatives in the story unlike HG/SS only adding in 5 evos in the new Johto Dex (Ambipom, Yanmega, Mamoswine, Lickilicky and Tangrowth).

jombii

Years
  • Well, its true that retaining most of the original dex adds to the nostalgia, but I guess I could have a better playthrough if I had the choice of a Fletchling early game, or an Emolga before Mauville, or the Pan-brothers. Hoenn is supposed to be a drastically varying landscape, with a volcano sitting beside a desert that is bounded by a river to the east and a rainforest across it. All the whil being surrounded by huge bodies of water. I think the landscape says as much.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    Im not one of those to say the game was too easy. It was to be expected, since Pokemon is aimed towards children. I wouldn't mind them adding Challenge Mode back for the older and more advanced Pokemon Fans.

Lack of Pokemon:
    I was expecting a lot of Pokemon to be in OR/AS. I found the lack of Pokemon disappointing considering the large amount of Pokemon you were able to find in X/Y. I was pl;anning on getting a Breloom with technician and have Bullet Seed on it, but unfortunately that's impossible because Hopip isn't catchable in the game. It makes me angry too see that most of the Mirage Locations have only 2-4 Pokemon that are catchable when most routes in the Hoenn Mainland have a good 10-12 Pokemon that are catchable, liked route 117. There could have been much more Pokemon added to the Mirage Locations.

Lack of Overworld Pokemon:
    Since the 3DS is capable of doing many grand things, I expected to see much more Pokemon in the overworld. Since the DexNav has a wonderful ability to register the information of the pokemon you're near, it would be amazing to get Dex information like you do in the Anime, without having to catch the Pokemon. unfortunately there is a huge lack of overworld Pokemon, which really was a disappointment. The times you actually get to see a Pokemon in thee overworld, it ends up being a Wingul or a Skitty. I expected to see a huge diversity, not a direct copy from the originals. I do hope they keep the DexNav and that function to get Dex info from a Pokemon in the Overworld.

Free Legendary Pokemon:
    This is something that should always sick as a Post Game thing. Legends should not be obtainable before taking on the E4 or finishing the Main Story of the game. I think instead of giving you Latios/Latias they should have given you the Eon Flute, so that you can call upon Latios to take you to places you've already visited, and have Mirage Areas accessible after the E4

New Timeline?:
    They pretty much established that this remake (unlike HG/SS and FR/LG which replace the originals in the timeline) occurs in an alternate universe or whatever. This pretty much means this game may be apart of the Anime timeline. Happening after Ash's Kalos journey...or during it.

Minor:
    * Some layout are incompatible with the DexNav. Since Bagon is only catchable in a small area that is mostly covered by water, it means you have to surf to make the Pokemon show up. But most of the time when you land on the platform to encounter the Pokemon, the landing causes the Pokemon to run off.
    * The Battle Mansion is a copy paste, and no Battle Frontier.
    * Juan?
    * Less Trick Room Puzzles
    * TooMuchContent 7.8/10

Also..Did anyone else notice the strange error when talking to Phoebe? When she says "The bonds I developed with my Pokemon is Extremely tight." you can notice something strange with the Hero/Heroine

Last edited:
    Back