• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Protagonists

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
    What you mean is that they are the USUM's universe version of Sun and Moon protagonists.

I don't have too much to talk about. I like the girl's re-design, looks cute. The boy... is lacking something. Let's just pray for them to have facial expressions!

Years
    I figured I'd now rank the protagonist designs from every game now that the US/UM designs are out.

Males
    Spoiler:

Females
    Spoiler:

The females in particular were hard to rank, so it mainly came down to their outfit colour schemes and aesthetic with their region. The males were mainly boring design-wise but some still worked better than others.

Last edited:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I figured I'd now rank the protagonist designs from every game now that the US/UM designs are out.

Males
    Spoiler:

Females
    Spoiler:

The females in particular were hard to rank, so it mainly came down to their outfit colour schemes and aesthetic with their region. The males were mainly boring design-wise but some still worked better than others.

Interesting list. I would make one but I don't wanna turn this thread into just listing which characters are the best :p
    I am a bit suprised by some of the choices, especially Hilbert being at the top, I haven't seen many people who like him.

Years
    Interesting list. I would make one but I don't wanna turn this thread into just listing which characters are the best :p
    I am a bit suprised by some of the choices, especially Hilbert being at the top, I haven't seen many people who like him.

I put him up the top because he had the most mature-looking design, on top of me being a Unova fan. I personally do love all the female designs in general so I had a very hard time sorting that part of the list.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    Well, the female got better while the male got worse, lol. There better be a lot more customization options this time around.

I put him up the top because he had the most mature-looking design, on top of me being a Unova fan. I personally do love all the female designs in general so I had a very hard time sorting that part of the list.

Hilbert has the most natural design to me. He's kind of reminiscent of Red as well; simple yet still shows much confidence. Plus, he's a bit older than any of the other protagonists we had up to that point.

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I'm shocked that the girl's new outfit looks better than her original one. I mean, doesn't Game Freak realize that she's supposed to be 11? The boy, on the other hand, looks less generic with his new outfit, and yet you guys still find it terrible.

Years
    I'm shocked that the girl's new outfit looks better than her original one. I mean, doesn't Game Freak realize that she's supposed to be 11? The boy, on the other hand, looks less generic with his new outfit, and yet you guys still find it terrible.

I think it's because he's still continuing the trend since D/P of male protagonists often having blue in their outfits.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Yes, as well as wearing shorts, showing some leg, and wearing toe-covered sandals.
    Tank tops and shorts and sandals are all very normal summer/tropical attire, and there's nothing remotely sexualized about it.

When they start putting the kids in booty shorts and deep V-necks, then maybe you'll have a point.

Years
    Nah's right. The clothes were designed to fit the region.

I mean, just look at how Platinum added coats for Lucas and Dawn. The Sinnoh region did become colder in those games. Heck, even Brendan/May, Hilbert/Hilda, Calem/Serena and the S/M protagonists all had outfits that matched the region aesthetic.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    lol this area gets cold and I see kids wearing those kinds of clothes all the time xD

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    That is totally ridiculous, none of those things mean she can't be a normal 11 year old girl. Never seen one wear pants all the time as well as never wear tank tops or sandals... Crazy...

If you go to /vp/, then you'll see that users lusting over her new outfit. And considering how anonymous they are, they could be full-grown adults lusting over a fictional 11-year-old girl. It makes me wish her outfit was as generic as the boy's, so she could avoid being sexualized by those creepy Pokemon fans.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    If you go to /vp/, then you'll see that users lusting over her new outfit. And considering how anonymous they are, they could be full-grown adults lusting over a fictional 11-year-old girl. It makes me wish her outfit was as generic as the boy's, so she could avoid being sexualized by those creepy Pokemon fans.

well that's /vp/ for ya

I mean, there's someone who's into literally everything. It's really hard to stop people from liking that kinda stuff.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I think it's because he's still continuing the trend since D/P of male protagonists often having blue in their outfits.

Well, prior to that the protagonist had red. This is still present in their remake designs too. Wonder if one day they'll give them dominantly green clothes. The closest was Brandan's Emerald design, but that was still mostly red xD.

Or dominant yellow for that matter...

Back