• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pyromancers: Fire-type Pokémon Club

Rain T.

"You clods!"
Years
  • Vulpix is one of my favorite Fire types! It's just so adorable, and with learning a move combo like Will-O-Wisp and Hex for strategy, Energy Ball to cover weaknesses, or Flamethrower, Fire Blast, and Inferno for pure Fire type power, it's not bad to use in battle.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Vulpix is one of my favorite Fire-types! I'm so glad she gained Drought as her Hidden Ability! I hope Ninetales gets a Mega Evolution!

Years
  • Vulpix is one of the cutest Fire-types around, and with the majestic feel Ninetales has it's no surprise it's a popular Pokemon. Gaining Drought was quite the icing on the cake, even if 6th Gen nerfed the ability.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • Some of you may have seen in the feedback thread, but we officially have a new event up here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=356065

For this, we'll each be doing a Monotype challenge and trying to finish the respective games before the other clubs while gaining the most points.

I'm planning on participating in the Bug-type Club already, so if anyone here wants to participate, speak up!

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Some of you may have seen in the feedback thread, but we officially have a new event up here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=356065

For this, we'll each be doing a Monotype challenge and trying to finish the respective games before the other clubs while gaining the most points.

I'm planning on participating in the Bug-type Club already, so if anyone here wants to participate, speak up!

I might be participating for Fire-type Club. Of all the clubs I'm part in and including the clubs that I own, Fire-type is the type that I least know of. That doesn't mean I hate it or dislike it, I admit I'm too into Water-type like Alex's love for the Fire-type. But I think this is a perfect opportunity for me to learn about the Fire-type more. :) I'll let you know if I'm officially participating for the Fire-type Club!

Wicked3DS

Years
  • It's been a while since I've added a topic, so here you go!

Which Generation has the best Fire-types?

I'm a genwunner. It's true. With Charizard, Arcanine, Ninetales, Magmar, Flareon, and Moltres, Gen I has the most Fire-types that I like, so I have to go with it.

Last edited:

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    It's been a while since I've added a topic, so here you go!

Which Generation hold the best Fire-types?

I'm a genwunner. It's true. With Charizard, Arcanine, Ninetales, Magmar, Flareon, and Moltres, Gen I has the most Fire-types that I like, so I have to go with it.
    I think I'll go with Gen V, it has the Litwick line, Larvesta line and Reshiram line: all unique on their typing. :)

Years
  • Which Generation hold the best Fire-types?

I'm just like Sun there, a Genwunner for 5th Gen. There were so many awesome and original designs plus lots of unique type combinations as well, like Larvesta line's Bug/Fire and Litwick line's Ghost/Fire.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • I'm back after a little bit of time away and I've got another topic for us to discuss!

What is your favorite Fire-Type legendary?

Moltres is hands down my favorite legendary Pokémon. The concept of a bird on fire is fantastic to me and Moltres just has a great design and will always be one of my favorite Pokémon.

Rain T.

"You clods!"
    Years
  • My favorite Fire type legendary is definitely Reshiram. It's got a very elegant yet (for lack of a better word) cool look to it, it's great in battle, and I like how it represents an incorporeal concept that not already popularly represented (like time).

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Here's a new topic for us:
    If you were allowed to distribute a non-legendary shiny Pokemon, what special moves would it have?
    - Keep in mind Fire-types only.
    - Be overpower as much as you want, just give a good explanation. :)

Rain T.

"You clods!"
    Years
  • I'd distribute a shiny Larvesta with Flash Cannon. Because the user 'gathers its light energy' and, as the Torch Pokemon with a design that references the sun, Larvesta should have a whole lot of light energy. I'd also have it know Dazzling Gleam. Because I feel like all shiny Pokemon should get to learn that move, for some reason.

Reactions: Sun

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I'd distribute a shiny Larvesta with Flash Cannon. Because the user 'gathers its light energy' and, as the Torch Pokemon with a design that references the sun, Larvesta should have a whole lot of light energy. I'd also have it know Dazzling Gleam. Because I feel like all shiny Pokemon should get to learn that move, for some reason.

I love your idea, if possible this Larvesta should have Drought as its Ability. Srsly, just degrade the Swarm as its second standard abililty.

I say a Shiny Chandelure with Thunderbolt and Giga Drain. {XD}

Wicked3DS

Years
  • So it's been a loooooooong while, but now that I'm moved in and settled I'm back! Also I've picked another Pokémon of the Week:

Spoiler:

Magmar!

Yellow Pokédex: Born in an active volcano. Its body is always cloaked in flames, so it looks like a big ball of fire.

The fact that it was born in a volcano is just awesome.

Magmar is one of my favorite Fire-types. It learns some great moves and is pretty balanced overall. I like it better than Magmortar slightly because of the fact that it looks like it literally walked out a volcano (which it did!) and it just seems a lot more realistic to me for a volcano dweller.

Blayze

Team Magma Co-Leader
    Years
  • Hello there fellow pyros! I'd love to join the clan here with you guys.

Name: Blayze
    Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Charizard and Camerupt
    Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: I like fire and burning things for real, so it's only logical that I like Pokemon of that type!
    Answer to current topic: Magmar - Well I like it, but I don't. lol It's a fairly decent Pokemon, but I've always thought that its design was a little odd. I do however, think that its baby forme is adorable!

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Hello there fellow pyros! I'd love to join the clan here with you guys.

Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: I like fire and burning things for real, so it's only logical that I like Pokemon of that type!
    Answer to current topic: Magmar - Well I like it, but I don't. lol It's a fairly decent Pokemon, but I've always thought that its design was a little odd. I do however, think that its baby forme is adorable!

Welcome! It does kind of have a weird design I have to say, and I agree, Magby is very cute!

Years
  • Name: Jay
    Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Arcanine
    Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: Burn is effective
    Answer to current topic:

Arcanine is somewhere among my top 10 fave all time pkm. Also do like ninetails. I have a Drought ninetails right now that trolls Battle Masion pretty hard in ORAS.
    I also remember using rapidash pretty often as it is typically the most convenient decent fire-type in most games that isn't a starter. I'm also kind of digging the Mega form for camerupt.

on topic, magmar is one of those pkm that i always wanted to like but never really did. It's funny looking with not too shabby stats. But it's just one of those pkm i'd always swap out for Arcanine, ninetails or rapidash when it was most convenient for me.
    But now that im able to trade with myself, i'm looking to get a magmortar pretty soon. Which is what i think this pkm needed... an evolution.

Last edited:

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    So it's been a loooooooong while, but now that I'm moved in and settled I'm back! Also I've picked another Pokémon of the Week:

Spoiler:

Magmar!

Yellow Pokédex: Born in an active volcano. Its body is always cloaked in flames, so it looks like a big ball of fire.

The fact that it was born in a volcano is just awesome.

Magmar is one of my favorite Fire-types. It learns some great moves and is pretty balanced overall. I like it better than Magmortar slightly because of the fact that it looks like it literally walked out a volcano (which it did!) and it just seems a lot more realistic to me for a volcano dweller.

Yass, been long while, so long that my neck had grew longer than a Fearow's. :v

I have to admit that I didn't pay much attention at Magmar's existence. I didn't know there was a Fire-type platypus until witnessing Blaine's from the anime! Lol Upon seeing it, I was like 'Is this fella Fire/Water-type?'. :P I was hoping to hatch a Magby egg in Crystal, but no I was given a yellow rodent instead. :(

Fast forwarding to Generation IV, Magmar became my center of interest again, since it gained an evolution that it truly deserves since its debut. I don't think it's an exaggerate to call the Magby family as my Fire-type signature Pokemon back in Gen IV. ;)

Hello there fellow pyros! I'd love to join the clan here with you guys.

Yo, welcome to the hottest club on PC! I love how your name, it fits in this club well! XD

Really? XD I say Magmar is one of those Gen I one Pokemon with a modern design. ^_^ But to each on their own, can't force my fiery love for Magmar on everyone! Stay active like an active volcano, the club owner likes his club hot! :B

Rain T.

"You clods!"
    Years
  • Magmar...
    I've never used one. Never caught one. Never really looked at one unless it was an opponent I had to beat. It's not that I hate Magmar, it's just that I'm unsure about its design and that there are other Fire types I prefer. So, not much to say on this topic.

Back