• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pyromancers: Fire-type Pokémon Club

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Magmar...
    I've never used one. Never caught one. Never really looked at one unless it was an opponent I had to beat. It's not that I hate Magmar, it's just that I'm unsure about its design and that there are other Fire types I prefer. So, not much to say on this topic.

The design might not appeal you, but would you consider using one in the future? :)

Everyone, I'd like to share an experience with my latest mono Fire challenge with the hack BlazeBlack 2, hope you guys won't mind.

So my final team for the Amazing Race was consisted by seven Pokemon (in rotation) they are Ninetales, Volcarona, Darmanitan, Chandelure, Camerupt, Magmortar and last but not least Charizard.

I'm highlighting some Pokemon here:
    Spoiler:

tl;dr: Fire-types (as of Gen VI) are mainly focused on the offensive side, of course, undeniably strong on that aspect too. To be more precise they are quite like the glass cannons, so a through planning and precautions are needed in a mono Fire. :) Loved the overall experience. :D

Blayze

Team Magma Co-Leader
    Years
  • Yo, welcome to the hottest club on PC! I love how your name, it fits in this club well! XD

Really? XD I say Magmar is one of those Gen I one Pokemon with a modern design. ^_^ But to each on their own, can't force my fiery love for Magmar on everyone! Stay active like an active volcano, the club owner likes his club hot! :B

Thank you very much! Yes, yes it does! :D
    But of course!!

Welcome! It does kind of have a weird design I have to say, and I agree, Magby is very cute!

Thanks! :) The first Magby that I got was named Maggie.

Reactions: Sun
    Years
  • The Charizard line have lose against the Quilava line in our forum's official Fire-type poll.

(For more results)
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8997328&postcount=34

So what are your thoughts behind it? :)

I feel like that it's definitely a sign of tastes changing, even if Cyndaquil's line is the worst Fire starter competitively. The fact Charizard has lost for the first time ever means I'm happy that nostalgia seems to be losing its grip lately.

Years
  • No smiles here. As you all know, Charizard is my favorite Pokémon, so it's really sad to see it knocked out in the prelims :'(

There are still four types whose polls haven't been done yet (Normal, Grass, Flying, Water) so Charizard could still have a chance in the Flying-type poll.

Blayze

Team Magma Co-Leader
    Years
  • The Charizard line have lose against the Quilava line in our forum's official Fire-type poll.

(For more results)

So what are your thoughts behind it? :)

Noooo! Charizard can't loose! This makes me a sad panda. :( Charizard is my most favorite; has been since the beginning.

Though, at least the Chimchar or Tepig line didn't win that one. I'm not a fan of either of those. (Nor of the real animals that they are based off of.)

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • Let's ignite a new fire with another topic.

don't ask I'm feeling punny right now

Which Fire-type Mega Evolution is your favorite?

Charizard X, of course. I just love how it transforms into an actual Dragon-type and wrecks stuff like crazy with its Tough Claws ability. And of course, it's Charizard, so it's automatically cool.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Name: Apollo
    Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Arcanine and Ninetales
    Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: I guess it's because of their fiery aura which I can relate to my personality in real life? x) (also I'm a gryffindor) Fire-types were my most favorite type as a child, with my most favorite back then being Charizard and Moltres. There are also plenty Fire type Pokemon I like and they tend to have one of the best designs.

Answer to current topic: Charizard X has a cool design and is very strong. So.. that I guess. :D I haven't used much mega evolutions, unfortunately, but based on their designs alone I'd also pick Mega Houndoom and Mega Blaziken. While on the topic of Mega Evos, it would be great if the Kanto fire mammals (Arcanine, Ninetales and Rapidash... at least that's how I call them haha) had mega evos of their own. Maybe Fire/Fighting for Arcanine, Fire/Ghost (or Psychic) for Ninetales and Fire/Flying for Rapidash (a sort of pegasus thing)?

Rain T.

"You clods!"
    Years
  • Mega Charizard X is my favorite. It's powerful in battle, can make great use of Tough Claws, and finally turns Charizard into a Dragon type! Not to mention its wicked awesome design, and a few of the theories surrounding it on just why its coloring is so different and why Charizard has two Mega forms.
    Mega Houndoom gets an honorable mention because its design is one of my favorites.

Blayze

Team Magma Co-Leader
    Years
  • I really like both of the Charizard megas; I've used both and both have their merits. I do really like that with X that Charizard finally was given a Dragon typing.

I also like Mega Houndoom and Mega Camerupt. Not so much in way of design, but in battle performance. I use my Camerupt - Pelee - in her Mega forme quite often.

Years
  • Which Fire-type Mega Evolution is your favorite?

For me, Mega Camerupt. I really loved how it has an actual volcano on its back with lava flowing out, and Sheer Force makes it a slow but very strong attacker. Definitely a way to improve this underrated volcanic camel.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • Name: Apollo
    Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Arcanine and Ninetales
    Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: I guess it's because of their fiery aura which I can relate to my personality in real life? x) (also I'm a gryffindor) Fire-types were my most favorite type as a child, with my most favorite back then being Charizard and Moltres. There are also plenty Fire type Pokemon I like and they tend to have one of the best designs.

Answer to current topic: Charizard X has a cool design and is very strong. So.. that I guess. :D I haven't used much mega evolutions, unfortunately, but based on their designs alone I'd also pick Mega Houndoom and Mega Blaziken. While on the topic of Mega Evos, it would be great if the Kanto fire mammals (Arcanine, Ninetales and Rapidash... at least that's how I call them haha) had mega evos of their own. Maybe Fire/Fighting for Arcanine, Fire/Ghost (or Psychic) for Ninetales and Fire/Flying for Rapidash (a sort of pegasus thing)?

Welcome! I have to agree about Mega Charizard X, since it's my favorite of the Megas. Blaziken and Houndoom both have cool Megas as well.

Going to use this post as a segue to another topic:

What Fire-type would you like to see get a Mega Evolution?

I'd agree with Ninetales getting one that's Fire/Ghost or Psychic since it definitely has those abilities. A Flying-type Pegasus-like Mega Rapidash? Now that could be fun.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Welcome! I have to agree about Mega Charizard X, since it's my favorite of the Megas. Blaziken and Houndoom both have cool Megas as well.

Going to use this post as a segue to another topic:

What Fire-type would you like to see get a Mega Evolution?

I'd agree with Ninetales getting one that's Fire/Ghost or Psychic since it definitely has those abilities. A Flying-type Pegasus-like Mega Rapidash? Now that could be fun.
    Personally, I would love to see all starters to receive Mega Evolution forms. In addition to that, I would love to see all Fire-types to receive Megas a Mega Arcanine and a Mega Magmortar! Firstly Arcanine is popular among the fandom, particularly back in its golden days. Then there's Magmortar, which is one of the few Fire-types that can learn offensive Electric-type moves. Its pre-evolution form, Magmar was also among the fan favorites! (:

Rain T.

"You clods!"
    Years
  • Hmm...well, I do agree that I'd like to see a Mega Ninetails and a Mega Arcanine. As well as Megas for all the starters. Though I feel like a Mega Chandelure would be fun as well.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Hmm...well, I do agree that I'd like to see a Mega Ninetails and a Mega Arcanine. As well as Megas for all the starters. Though I feel like a Mega Chandelure would be fun as well.

Is there any Non-Fire Pokemon that should Mega Evolve into a part Fire-type?
    Imo, there's Sunflora, Solrock or even Bellossom, Lilligant and some others. Surprisingly, there are so many options to choose from!

Years
  • Username: Sir Lucario
    Partners: Combusken and Typhlosion
    Reason: They're awesome I don't hate any of them. Each one has some use in its own way. A lot of them are overused. Plus they're deadly in their Pokedex entries (magcargo). What's not to like?
    Topic: Typhlosion needs buffs it is in the NU tier which is sad considering its fanbase. If you've played Pokemon Insurgence you'll see what a mega can do to it. In Insurgence Typhlosion gets huge boosts plus the special attack version of moxie. Typhlosion really needs a mega

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Username: Sir Lucario
    Partners: Combusken and Typhlosion
    Reason: They're awesome I don't hate any of them. Each one has some use in its own way. A lot of them are overused. Plus they're deadly in their Pokedex entries (magcargo). What's not to like?
    Topic: Typhlosion needs buffs it is in the NU tier which is sad considering its fanbase. If you've played Pokemon Insurgence you'll see what a mega can do to it. In Insurgence Typhlosion gets huge boosts plus the special attack version of moxie. Typhlosion really needs a mega
    Welcome to PC's Fire-type club!

And no, Typhlosion doesn't belong to the NU tier that was like 10 years ago during the DP days. Lmao He settled in th RU tier.

Additionally the Cyndaquil line won the Favorite Fire-type Tournament, yes slamming the Charmander line, Chandelure line hard.

Rain T.

"You clods!"
    Years
  • Is there any Non-Fire Pokemon that should Mega Evolve into a part Fire-type?
    Imo, there's Sunflora, Solrock or even Bellossom, Lilligant and some others. Surprisingly, there are so many options to choose from!
    Those are pretty good choices for Mega Evolving into a Fire type. I'd do something like (and this idea came from a discussion in another club) Trevenant gaining a Mega Form in which is drops the Ghost typing for Fire and turns into some sort of burning tree with ghostly flames.

Back