• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pyromancers: Fire-type Pokémon Club

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
Years
  • I didn't much care for the magby line until I saw magmortar in the anime and realized that its once silly duck bill evolved into a cool, villainous grin.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Are there any Fire-types that you disliked at first that grew on you later on?
    Probably Emboar. I personally didn't like this Pokémon when it had first been introduced, but grew on me eventually, and decided to finally give it a shot in Black 2. It was fantastic, and loved using having on my team. It's not that great competitive due to its limited stats and movepool, but it's still fun to use in-game. :] Can't really think of anything else aside from that.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • Emboar seems to be the popular choice, probably because Fire/Fighting again was enough to make anyone slam their head into a brick wall. I'm still not a fan, but hey, whatcha gonna do?

Also I never cared for either of Magmar's surrounding forms. Magmar is awesome to me though.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • I really have never been a fan of any of the elemental monkeys, they just do nothing for me and they're extremely generic to me. Especially playing Black, when all it has for the first gym is Incinerate which is absolutely abysmal.

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
    Years
  • Are there any Fire-types that you disliked at first that grew on you later on?

I didn't dislike Torkoal, I was more underwhelmed with him when he made his debut in R/S/E. I would just usually choose Numel/ Camerupt in Pokemon Emerald until one day, I decided to give Torkoal a shot. I regret nothing. Torkoal wasn't just a capable team member, he was my tank, one of my aces (my most reliable partner in that play-through after Sceptile). The aesthetics began to grow on me as well. Now, he's the only fire type I would even consider using in Hoenn.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Torkoal is a ridiculous tank, ask anyone who battled Flannery. I'm just generally not a fan of tanks or slow Pokémon, and its design never appealed to me.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Torkoal is a good wall, but not as good compared to others, such as Skarmory and Dusknoir. Due to that, it just isn't popular. :( If it winds up getting an evolution one day as well as Defense, Special Defense, and HP boost, then I could definitely see it climb up the ladder.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • To be honest, I saw heatmor before durant and hated the idea. The design was okay with me, but never really made it that likable to me. When I read about its rivalry with durant, however, I thought it was perfect. I've always love pokemon that have rivals, like seviper with zangoose and freegle braviary with mandibuzz, and these two are quite fantastic enemies, especially since there are ways durant can counter heatmor..

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • I was very judgemental to Tepig at first because it wasn't my type of starter I expected it to be but then proved worthy when I kicked N's but. I prefer fast fire pokemon so having and trying to train tepig was hell for me. I apologize to you tepig for judging you so much. Oh well, at least a double battle with Reshiram is a sight to watch.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    To be honest, I saw heatmor before durant and hated the idea. The design was okay with me, but never really made it that likable to me. When I read about its rivalry with durant, however, I thought it was perfect. I've always love pokemon that have rivals, like seviper with zangoose and freegle braviary with mandibuzz, and these two are quite fantastic enemies, especially since there are ways durant can counter heatmor..

Oh, Heatmor; I forgot that this Pokémon actually existed. ;_; I had no idea about its rivalry with Durant; that's pretty interesting! Though, it would've been really great if it were able to give as much experience as Durant.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • If only Heatmor had more Speed... He's a cool design, but he's not fast enough. He DOES learn Sucker Punch, though.

Torkoal I could do without. He's only hard to beat in Flannery's gym because of Overheat. Defensive Fire Pokémon suck, because Fire is a bad defensive type (weak to Water, Ground and Rock, all common types). He's also incredibly slow.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • I never knew about Heatmor vs. Durant, that's cool. I'm still not a fan of Heatmor, I just do not like its design at all. Pokémon rivalries are pretty cool, I wish there were a few more (not enough to make it overkill though).

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2016
    name gigglegamer
    pick 2 fire types: infernape and charizard
    reason: fire types are just the best type of pokemon

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I never knew about Heatmor vs. Durant, that's cool. I'm still not a fan of Heatmor, I just do not like its design at all. Pokémon rivalries are pretty cool, I wish there were a few more (not enough to make it overkill though).

I'm sure there are a lot more rivalries out there, but they just might not be significant to worth a mention. :( Also, yeah; I'm not too fond of Heatmor's design, either, haha.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • :( I'm sorry. It's just not our thing. To each their own, though. I've got another topic on my mind, so here goes.

What Fire-type Pokémon have you used in recent playthroughs?

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Name: acatfrommars
    Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Litleo and Magmar plz
    Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: They're strong, and typically my favorite of the starter types. Normally whn I purchase a game, I will choose the fire type first. Except for XY, because I liekd Froakie more cause ninja-ness.

Answer to current topic: What Fire-type Pokémon have you used in recent playthroughs?

Oh god, many. Blaziken, Inferno, Mega Charizard X, Litleo, Darumaka, Magmar, Camerupt, Typhlosion, Arcanine, Heatran. Oh, just so many!

Back