• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: The Rad Reds (No Blues Allowed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I prefer to drive.

Even though I'm about 10 minutes from both work and uni, I'm still planning to move even closer. Because the traffic seriously kills my commute, so sometimes I have to leave my place over 1 hour or so before, in case I get into traffic. Hopefully I'll be able to get a place by the end of the summer.

Although Houston's public transportation is decent, and cheap.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I drive at times, but with uni at most I drive to the train station and enjoy an hour+ train trip. I may move closer with a friend to uni this year, but then I'll be significantly poorer. =(

Luckily I have some income from the uni already (plus tutoring!), but when I near the end of my PhD it'll be application-sending time.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Yeah. Houston's public transportation system is about to get renovated soon as well.

Although I really miss San Diego's system. FUCK YEAH TRAINS AND TROLLEYS.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I don't know too much about our public transportation system. I know bus fare isn't too bad and then there's the public access bus that costs a dollar to go anywhere in about a 10 mile radius but they have certain stops kinda like a bus. We don't have many bike paths though which really irks me.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Our train system (Sydney Trains, formerly CityRail) is not the best. I don't have many complaints about buses but rarely catch them anyway, and sydney traffic can be pretty terrible at times so I imagine buses are also affected.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
    My experience with buses is okay during summer time, then it's a decent way of transport. But in winter or when it's raining for the first day after a week without, the bus always has some delay. Once I even had 45 minutes delay (on a trip of about half an hour).

Bay

Years
    Public transportation here is pretty consistent for the most part, but there will be the off-chance that I'll be sitting there waiting 30 minutes for a bus only to have it not show up because it broke down/is running 15-20 minutes late (it happens), etc. >.>

I take the bus sometimes, and yeah I hate it when one of those things happen. :x

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    It's good to not be too much reliant on public transportation services. No more waiting an hour for a bus just to get home, every day and being able to decide on your own when and where you want to go is just great. The only downside is that maintaining a car can get really expensive, especially when it gets older.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I wanted a Fiat 500 Pop.

But then, living in Texas now, I want a truuuuuuck. A sexy truck.

The Rad Reds (No Blues Allowed)

Sirfetch’d

Gonna hijack this thread and just say that man the beach is such a great place. I went today just to enjoy myself and I had a blast. I love the water so much n_n

Sirfetch’d

You should make a day of it, derk! It's so fun and relaxing n_n

Sirfetch’d

I wish I was closer as well. It takes me roughly 2 hours to get to the nearest beach D:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    It makes me so happy that I live about 45 minutes from Galveston. :3 Been thinking of spending the day over there sometime. It's so beautiful. <3

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
    I love the beach and enjoy swimming very much.

Also, I agree, Megan! Galveston is such a beautiful place.

Sirfetch’d

The only bad part about it is all of the sand :( I had so much sand on me on the ride home despite rinsing off.

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
    But sand is so great! I love burying my feet in the beach, it is such a unique sensation. Feet buried, waves slowly crashing against you, unburying and burying your feet again with every crash, the warmth of the sun on the skin and the smell of the ocean.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I dislike the ocean and I hate sand. All it is good for is getting everywhere and making you uncomfortable. And then you have to take a shower even if you accidentally stepped in it because it gets everywhere and then you track it in the house and blah blah blah blah. Sand is such a nuisance.

If I knew how to swim I might like the water more. But as it stands I just go out and see how far I can get while still being able to touch the bottom and then get on a board and float or ride the waves back to shore.

Years
    The beach and other out door things meant for the summer suck to all hell. I can't stand the heat, and bees and wasp. I don't mind pools, but not anymore since the transgender thing and the whole my body is something I hate thing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back