• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: the reason for the party season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabri

m8
    Years
    • we have stunningly beautiful national parks and landmarks
    • our bigger cities tend to have really great food
    • people tend to be very friendly and excited to meet/help visitors

Portugal has beautiful natural landscapes and old architecture, great food everywhere, great weather, great beaches, people are nice to foreigners, and probably cheaper

Plenty of reasons to choose this place instead

Years
    My home country of Australia offers a very different way to do Christmas. We always like to change up typical methods to fit in with the heat and the summer weather. It's definitely interesting if you want a Christmas that's different.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    honestly if Joe had his way he'd live right on Disney property

it's ok Joe we can live near Disney together

Imagine being able to see this from afar.

the reason for the party season

Hnng.

Devil in the Mirror

We Stitch These Wounds
    Years
    I had a message typed up to post here, but my browser logged me out and it got lost, so here's the short version.

I live in the US, Tennessee, to be specific, and despite nice weather and nature, I'm not pleased with this location otherwise. I'm not sure how the rest of the US compares to here, but this place isn't great. I was out of the US one time, and where I went was really nice in most of the ways things aren't here, but I won't be going back there again—assuming I can ever afford to travel at all.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    Durham is pretty much a typical Northern English town, albeit I like to think it's slightly more picturesque than some of the other places near here. We have a cathedral, and plenty of parks and fields, it's really nice during the summer. The only real drawback to living in Durham is the swathes of students, but I guess they're a problem for anywhere with a half decent University.

Also, on the subject of Christmas (sort-of), it's our works Christmas party on Sunday and I am very much excite. I plan on getting absolutely and completely obliterated.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Durham is pretty much a typical Northern English town, albeit I like to think it's slightly more picturesque than some of the other places near here. We have a cathedral, and plenty of parks and fields, it's really nice during the summer. The only real drawback to living in Durham is the swathes of students, but I guess they're a problem for anywhere with a half decent University.

Also, on the subject of Christmas (sort-of), it's our works Christmas party on Sunday and I am very much excite. I plan on getting absolutely and completely obliterated.
    Holy shit, you're from Durham! I'M FROM DURHAM! Not there any more, but I've never encountered anyone from Durham online before! This is amazing! Exclamation marks!

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    Holy ****, you're from Durham! I'M FROM DURHAM! Not there any more, but I've never encountered anyone from Durham online before! This is amazing! Exclamation marks!

QUELLE SURPRISE! MUCH SHOCK! And other forms of exclamation!

But yeah, I've also never encountered anyone from where I live online. Tiz quite strange D:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    idea: how about all of you come to canada instead we have most of the good america things but we also have a hot liberal prime minister instead of donald trump

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    idea: how about all of you come to canada instead we have most of the good america things but we also have a hot liberal prime minister instead of donald trump

The same Prime Minister who praised Fidel Castro? That one? Yeah, that's super hot.

Devil in the Mirror

We Stitch These Wounds
    Years
    If it were cheaper to do so and less cold, I'd definitely consider going to Canada. But I'd rather there be more opportunities where I live than go somewhere far away.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back