• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Mixed] The Spirit Forest

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Hiya, it's nice to see you again!

Were you after the five Crystal shinies then? If so, I picked out some more Pokemon from your original list, if they're still available.
  • ポケセン Jirachi
  • SUM2013 Dialga
  • SUM2013 Palkia
  • SUM2013 Giratina
  • Plasma Genesect

P.S. Even if you were interested in more pokes from me, that's all good, I'd like to pick these five for myself for now ^_^

Awesome! Thought you'd picked everything you wanted from that, but yeah I still have all of those in Omega Ruby so can gladly do a clone-back trade again. I'm on mobile right now so I'll tell you what I'm after in a few hours :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
As with last time, it is very tempting to just say "GIVE ME ALL OF IT!!!" but I'll show restraint, for both our sanity (and because I do currently intend to grind Dynamax Adventure shinies so mostly just want Gen I-IV for nostalgia):

• HA Decidueye
  • HA Incineroar
  • HA Primarina
  • VC Shiny Raikou (Timid)
  • VC Shiny Entei (Adamant)
  • VC Shiny Suicune (Modest)
  • VC Shiny Ho-Oh (Adamant)
  • VC Shiny Lugia (Timid)
  • Aether Shiny Silvally
  • Oblivia Deoxys x2
  • Fancy Pattern Vivillon
  • An extra clone of my JPN Shiny Jirachi

Obviously this is all in Gen VII...but the ones I've agreed to give you are in Gen VI. Fun!
I realise I'm asking for 4 there that are my own - so effectively using you as a cloning service - I hope you don't mind. The Deoxys' are due to the lack of distributions (one for SM, one for Switch), Vivillon to complete the HOME formes, and Jirachi as its one of the few unavailable as a shiny in Gen SwSh. If you don't want to trade this many again I can easily refine the list too.

I also noticed your note about getting a shiny Manaphy in Gen IV. To your knowledge, does this mean I can effectively SR it every time I trade it into a new save? Or was it just the first time it was traded away from its original. As due to - about-5-years-too-late-at-far-too-great-an-expense - purchasing backups I have 10 active Gen IV cartridges! (HGSS even came with the Enigma Stone event unused, even Pokéwalker routes, and a couple of event shiny Eevee!)

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
As with last time, it is very tempting to just say "GIVE ME ALL OF IT!!!" but I'll show restraint, for both our sanity (and because I do currently intend to grind Dynamax Adventure shinies so mostly just want Gen I-IV for nostalgia):

• HA Decidueye
  • HA Incineroar
  • HA Primarina
  • VC Shiny Raikou (Timid)
  • VC Shiny Entei (Adamant)
  • VC Shiny Suicune (Modest)
  • VC Shiny Ho-Oh (Adamant)
  • VC Shiny Lugia (Timid)
  • Aether Shiny Silvally
  • Oblivia Deoxys x2
  • Fancy Pattern Vivillon
  • An extra clone of my JPN Shiny Jirachi

Obviously this is all in Gen VII...but the ones I've agreed to give you are in Gen VI. Fun!
I realise I'm asking for 4 there that are my own - so effectively using you as a cloning service - I hope you don't mind. The Deoxys' are due to the lack of distributions (one for SM, one for Switch), Vivillon to complete the HOME formes, and Jirachi as its one of the few unavailable as a shiny in Gen SwSh. If you don't want to trade this many again I can easily refine the list too.

I also noticed your note about getting a shiny Manaphy in Gen IV. To your knowledge, does this mean I can effectively SR it every time I trade it into a new save? Or was it just the first time it was traded away from its original. As due to - about-5-years-too-late-at-far-too-great-an-expense - purchasing backups I have 10 active Gen IV cartridges! (HGSS even came with the Enigma Stone event unused, even Pokéwalker routes, and a couple of event shiny Eevee!)

The list sounds good to me! I will get to organizing them and trying to work out a trade time. I'm not 100% sure yet, as work is hectic and I may not be able to stay up late/trade early.

Funny you mention that, because I have someone who was nice enough to go through the effort of getting a shiny Manaphy at the moment. They offered to use my OT and RNG with the maximum permissible IVs based on Nature. The reason for this is because gen IV shininess is a little whack and tied to PID (secret ID value), which also controls things like Nature, IVs, etc. Using this same Manaphy as an example, he will be RNGing the egg to have 31/7/31/31/31/31 IVs, as an Attack any lower than that will not give a valid shiny PID based on the chosen Timid nature. Or that's how I understood it when I tried to read up about it anyway.

Say that this is all mumbo jumbo and you just want a shiny Manaphy. Theoretically, the way to do it would be:
  • Complete Pokemon Ranger to get Manaphy Egg (duh!).
  • Send Manaphy Egg to Game A. Validation checks will ensure that the egg will not be shiny to the game it's transferred to.
  • However, nothing stops you from trading the egg! Find the egg's shiny value.
  • Transfer to Game B that has a Trainer Shiny Value that matches the egg's so it hatches shiny.
The last step is mostly where RNG comes in. Even if you don't care about Nature or IVs, trying to manually create new saves on a different cart and trading the egg over in the hopes that the values will match will take a ridiculous amount of time and luck. Which is why people, like the one I have found, who have figured out RNG and can do it with relative ease, are still offering their services for shiny Manaphy. It's the only way to obtain it legitimately as of yet.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Oh yeah I'm not sure I'd ever put in the effort to get it, but just thought I'd check it was theoretically possible.

If you ever get that in the shop I'll definitely be back, love Manaphy

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
Oh yeah I'm not sure I'd ever put in the effort to get it, but just thought I'd check it was theoretically possible.

If you ever get that in the shop I'll definitely be back, love Manaphy

I've just received it today! Sadly it came straight into my Home, so I'm not sure how cloning it is going to work for the foreseeable future, but I'll be able to make up for it by at least getting you your Pokemon!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
I'm back!

I realise posting this means we probably won't get anything sorted until the weekend but I'm fine with that.

LF
Spoiler:

FT (Updated)
Spoiler:
The 3x Distant Land beasts and (presumed) Navel Rock Ho-Oh I can't guarantee the legitimacy as they came on a White 2 save with a bunch of hacks. HOWEVER, they are the only Pokémon on the save that Bank will allow to migrate, so that's promising, right? (Plus the hacks were incredibly obvious, like an Deoxys allegedly met in Hoenn at lv. 40, yet currently at lv. 30 haha)
Oh and I'm probably going to move a Manaphy and Shaymin into Gen VIII, so if you wanted any to clone I'd get them now :)

Last edited:

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years

It's no worries, I'll get them prepped for trade. It was for gen 7, is that right?

For Sun. Tapu Bulu, it's just another classic 'Game Freak and their wonky code' glitch. Basically, for the ENG distribution, they used the wrong apostrophe for "Ula'Ula" and so when the Pokemon is traded, it will default to the OT "Sun." or "Moon." (depending on the receiving game) as the game will mark it as invalid/inappropriate on the other end. And this isn't the first time it's happened either! The other European language distributions actually don't have this issue as they used Ula-Ula as the OT instead, completely sidestepping the use of the apostrophe.

Lesson of the day: If someone trades you an ENG Ula'Ula Tapu Bulu in SuMo and it's OT doesn't revert to Sun. or Moon., they've modified it!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Yeah Gen 7 please. Are you wanting anything from me?

Aha yeah they often do that - got a shiny Galarian Farfetch'd I apparently won't be able to nickname after transferring from Go due to a similar issue.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
Yeah Gen 7 please. Are you wanting anything from me?

Aha yeah they often do that - got a shiny Galarian Farfetch'd I apparently won't be able to nickname after transferring from Go due to a similar issue.

Amazing they haven't fixed that yet!

I'm good this time thank you, I still need to sort out all the recent trades I've done! Might be closer to the weekend this week, but we'll see how it goes.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Back again. I don't believe what I have to offer has changed much, unless you want an obviously genned Poké Ball pattern Vivillon from GTS, or a Meadow Pattern one where I've changed my 3DS' location to get it haha. I've taken most of what TwilightBlade is offering but you guys probably have more overlap with time zones so I doubt that's much use to you.

I'm back!
My Stash:
Spoiler:

Looking for:
- JPN Pokémon Ranch Mew
- Shiny HA Cyndaquil
- 2018 Legends Latias
- 2018 Legends Latios
- 2018 Legends Kyogre
- 2018 Legends Groudon
- WISHMKR Jirachi
- Shiny HA Shinx
- Happy Hour Munchlax
- GF Victini
- Fula City Zeraora

All in whatever the earliest game they're available in is.

(I mean, I want it all and in duplicate so I could potentially try cloning myself with low risk. Started out only looking for 3 here and now its 11 haha. But don't want to wear out your generosity!)

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
Back again. I don't believe what I have to offer has changed much, unless you want an obviously genned Poké Ball pattern Vivillon from GTS, or a Meadow Pattern one where I've changed my 3DS' location to get it haha. I've taken most of what TwilightBlade is offering but you guys probably have more overlap with time zones so I doubt that's much use to you.

Looking for:
- JPN Pokémon Ranch Mew
- Shiny HA Cyndaquil
- 2018 Legends Latias
- 2018 Legends Latios
- 2018 Legends Kyogre
- 2018 Legends Groudon
- WISHMKR Jirachi
- Shiny HA Shinx
- Happy Hour Munchlax
- GF Victini
- Fula City Zeraora

All in whatever the earliest game they're available in is.

(I mean, I want it all and in duplicate so I could potentially try cloning myself with low risk. Started out only looking for 3 here and now its 11 haha. But don't want to wear out your generosity!)

I may be able to get this done within the next few days, or it will have to wait until Easter (I'm out for work the entire next week woohoo). If you have a spare Meadow Pattern Vivillon, that sounds pretty flash!

Also for the clones, did you want an extra Pokemon to test with cloning you mean? If you have access to cloning it's likely to be safe (or no more riskier than my method of cloning!), I just recommend 'backing up' your pokes on Bank in case the save corrupts of course. I can give an extra Poke to test your method, but otherwise I just recommend having a crack at it yourself to save 10-11 trades and I can offer them again if it fails for whatever reason.

I'm glad to see you still around these parts!
edelgard_adrestian_emperor_pop03.png

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
I'm glad to see you still around these parts!

Back at ya!

I may be able to get this done within the next few days, or it will have to wait until Easter (I'm out for work the entire next week woohoo). If you have a spare Meadow Pattern Vivillon, that sounds pretty flash!

Also for the clones, did you want an extra Pokemon to test with cloning you mean? If you have access to cloning it's likely to be safe (or no more riskier than my method of cloning!), I just recommend 'backing up' your pokes on Bank in case the save corrupts of course. I can give an extra Poke to test your method, but otherwise I just recommend having a crack at it yourself to save 10-11 trades and I can offer them again if it fails for whatever reason.

Yeah, I was referring to glitch cloning i.e. switching off my console during a trade with myself. on TwilightBlade's recommendation I got me a PowerSaves instead. I've actually done exactly what you recommend, transferring everything into Bank except the 1 I want to clone, then making 23 copies of it - original + 11 for Bank, 12 for HOME. Got about halfway through my OR collection with no issues - it actually appears to have somehow fixed my cartridge - I've gone from dreading removing it knowing it could take 5 minutes to get working again, to swapping at will!
You can knock the Zeraora off that list as I will just clone the one you already gave me. Everything else is stuff I didn't have yet though :)

I can definitely grab a Meadow bug for you - any preference on which ball? (Shopball only). Also, if I start cloning in Gen 7, would you like a Shiny Spinda in a Safari Ball? I was breeding normals for a trade and it came out of my first egg! Its my first ever matching-ball shiny and I'm more than happy to share.

Btw if I make up an events trade sheet as I'm very active on Reddit now, I'd probably rip off your format without telling you but do you want me to credit your PC username on them?

Last edited:

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
Yeah, I was referring to glitch cloning i.e. switching off my console during a trade with myself. on TwilightBlade's recommendation I got me a PowerSaves instead. I've actually done exactly what you recommend, transferring everything into Bank except the 1 I want to clone, then making 23 copies of it - original + 11 for Bank, 12 for HOME. Got about halfway through my OR collection with no issues - it actually appears to have somehow fixed my cartridge - I've gone from dreading removing it knowing it could take 5 minutes to get working again, to swapping at will!
You can knock the Zeraora off that list as I will just clone the one you already gave me. Everything else is stuff I didn't have yet though :)

I can definitely grab a Meadow bug for you - any preference on which ball? (Shopball only). Also, if I start cloning in Gen 7, would you like a Shiny Spinda in a Safari Ball? I was breeding normals for a trade and it came out of my first egg! Its my first ever matching-ball shiny and I'm more than happy to share.

Btw if I make up an events trade sheet as I'm very active on Reddit now, I'd probably rip off your format without telling you but do you want me to credit your PC username on them?

I can confirm that the PowerSaves is much easier, safer, and you can backup your saves with it to boot! Glad to know it came with extra perks for you 😄

Any ball Vivillon will do for me thanks! If you do end up cloning that Spinda, it will finally put my first dent in the few billion Spinda to collect for complete (only joking, of course!). The surprise shiny is super sweet though.

Finally for the trade sheet, feel more than free to take it, as it's not even mine! It used to connect to a really nice looking Tumblr site that laid out the sheet in a sick presentation, but it stopped working shortly after Switch Pokemon games dropped and I just kept using the sheet. If you want a modern version of that fancy website, you could take a look here: https://koenig.gg/poketrades/help

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
Looking for:
- JPN Pokémon Ranch Mew
- Shiny HA Cyndaquil
- 2018 Legends Latias
- 2018 Legends Latios
- 2018 Legends Kyogre
- 2018 Legends Groudon
- WISHMKR Jirachi
- Shiny HA Shinx
- Happy Hour Munchlax
- GF Victini
I have GF Victini in ORAS and the rest in SuMo. Found Munchlax (correction from my original post) and they're all ready to trade as of now!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
I have GF Victini in ORAS and the rest in SuMo. Found Munchlax (correction from my original post) and they're all ready to trade as of now!

sweet. I've been raiding Dittos all day in SV. I'll get that shiny Spinda cloned tomorrow, but realistically I'm not waking up until like 1pm UK, I don't know what that is for you. Might actually be easier in a weekday as I wfh can just step out of my "office" for 10 minutes as part of my overly-long break allowance

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
sweet. I've been raiding Dittos all day in SV. I'll get that shiny Spinda cloned tomorrow, but realistically I'm not waking up until like 1pm UK, I don't know what that is for you. Might actually be easier in a weekday as I wfh can just step out of my "office" for 10 minutes as part of my overly-long break allowance

1PM is about an hour and a half from now from what I can see. I have guests over tonight but can 'step out' myself at certain points 😄 It may have to be about 1 PM or probably just after 2, depending on when the guests arrive and how quick we get the dinner down! Wish work from home was still an option, otherwise staying up wouldn't be an issue... See you soon hopefully!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
1PM is about an hour and a half from now from what I can see. I have guests over tonight but can 'step out' myself at certain points 😄 It may have to be about 1 PM or probably just after 2, depending on when the guests arrive and how quick we get the dinner down! Wish work from home was still an option, otherwise staying up wouldn't be an issue... See you soon hopefully!

Sorry about the delay, I had unannounced visitors of my own. I'm good to trade if you're still around.

Otherwise my availability widens to more like 9am my time for the rest of the week :)

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
Sorry about the delay, I had unannounced visitors of my own. I'm good to trade if you're still around.

Otherwise my availability widens to more like 9am my time for the rest of the week :)

It's not a problem at all, it got a little chaotic here and I couldn't sneak out after all! Just prepping my 3DS now; I won't be able to sleep so quickly after all that excitement anyway.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
It's not a problem at all, it got a little chaotic here and I couldn't sneak out after all! Just prepping my 3DS now; I won't be able to sleep so quickly after all that excitement anyway.

Okay I'll just jump out and re-add your FC (deleted them all to see if I could get Eon Ticket through Spotpass…sadly didn't work).
Mine's 4227-8492-1422 shall we do ORAS first?

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
Okay I'll just jump out and re-add your FC (deleted them all to see if I could get Eon Ticket through Spotpass…sadly didn't work).
Mine's 4227-8492-1422 shall we do ORAS first?

Your FC shows up as already registered on my end, so you may just have to add it and hopefully it'll reconnect. 5327-1652-0643 is the number.

ORAS sounds good!

Back