• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: The Underground Hangout: Chkill with ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCapsFan

Threat To Survival
    Years
    *pokes his head in* Can I say a few words about the Mafia Championship?

For starters, like Thingy said, it will likely bring about more traffic rather than hurt it. I know for a fact that cross-community games have helped turn my forum around from dissolving into nothing, or at least put it in the right direction. Now we have a fairly large (a bit smaller than this one), thriving community. People will be drawn here by the uniqueness of the games. The way PC plays mafia is unlike anything else I've ever seen. You guys do fun, light mafia the way it should be done, and that's a good thing. *murmurs under his breath* I was hoping that at some point we could do a cross-community game with my community, but that might not go over well considering we're both rival Pokemon forums

However, I will warn you: as this style of mafia you guys play is unique, this mafia game is unlike most of your games. The game is incredibly active, as most MU games are. (I can speak from experience on this one. I've only ever played one game on MU and I had to sub out due to the overwhelming activity. I missed night actions twice.) The first game in the Championship has started; it's only halfway through Day 2 and it's already amassed 1,500+ posts. You don't have clever flavor text to give you little hints, or to fall back on for information. You have to use your own judgement and process of elimination to determine who's mafia. Because of this, if I were to send anyone, it would be someone who plays well when the setup is closed, or someone who plays well when there's little information to go off of. I haven't spent half as much time as you guys, but from my observations, I'd send either Naku, Golgari, or Bac.

EDIT: a little information about Thingyman: he runs the site that the championship is taking place on, called Mafia Universe. He created the site as a friendly community where players from all communities can join together and play mafia. He's a very experienced host and runs many of the custom games on the forum. He ran the one game I was in on there, called "The Wild West Game" which was a cross-community game with Bulbagarden and a couple other forums, I think Feed The Beast and Personality Cafe.

I can confirm that this thing is completely legit, for any still having doubts.

Last edited:

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
    Thank you for the kind words caps and nimsy :) I really appreciate it.

I think if we're able to do this, then it'd need to be someone that often has a characteristic of being active while also is pretty skilled at the game. Activity really does matter here.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2020
    We will let you guys know soon if we're gonna get involved. Not sure if he gave a date though - but that might help.

Hi

How much time do you want to think it over? I don't wanna give a date and have you guys feel rushed if that might affect your decision. In a perfect world, I'd know this time next week whether you are interested in participating (you wouldn't need to have decided on a rep by then, just inform me whether you are interested), but if you really need the time, then you can have a bit more time.

As for game start dates, these are the start dates that your rep can choose between:
    May 9
    May 16
    May 23
    June 6
    June 13

If your rep is decided after May 9, then that of course means that it's too late to participate in that one, but she/he can just pick one of the later ones, no problem. They would just be playing in one game and can choose freely which one they prefer.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Hi

How much time do you want to think it over? I don't wanna give a date and have you guys feel rushed if that might affect your decision. In a perfect world, I'd know this time next week whether you are interested in participating (you wouldn't need to have decided on a rep by then, just inform me whether you are interested), but if you really need the time, then you can have a bit more time.

As for game start dates, these are the start dates that your rep can choose between:
    May 9
    May 16
    May 23
    June 6
    June 13

If your rep is decided after May 9, then that of course means that it's too late to participate in that one, but she/he can just pick one of the later ones, no problem. They would just be playing in one game and can choose freely which one they prefer.

I can probably get an answer soon. Senior staff is discussing it now, either way, but we'll get an answer for everyone soon (we've got ideas of how to pick the representative).

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
    Mafia Championships?

The Underground Hangout: Chkill with ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back