• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Wadnering Thred of Increbidle Drunkyness

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
  • I'm trying to learn to do gifs from videos in photoshop! I must be really stupid or it's really difficult to get the hang of, because so far I've managed to do one too fast and one that glitched out uh.

It would be so cool to be able to do gifs with color layers and stuff. Artsy. :3

I've done a couple, and it takes a while to do, but overall not too hard to get the hang of, but they're very precise at times, and the slightest timing can break or make a gif I found.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I've done a couple, and it takes a while to do, but overall not too hard to get the hang of, but they're very precise at times, and the slightest timing can break or make a gif I found.
    So what you say is... patience. And patience. I lack that aaaa haha. I need to make more of an effort.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    There's imgflip as a basic video to gif maker, and ezgif for gif editing. Though if you wanna do something fancier then yeah you'd have to use Photoshop or something.....

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    There's imgflip as a basic video to gif maker, and ezgif for gif editing. Though if you wanna do something fancier then yeah you'd have to use Photoshop or something.....

Yes, definitely. I've been using ezgif to crop stuff for ages, but I want to make fancy stuff for myself rather than to just poke at what others have created :3

Years
  • I love using those image and gif editors. It's how I make most of my avatars, but you are suddenly reminding me how little gif avatars I actually make so maybe when I get home I might do some.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • GIF making is honestly my life. I spend waaay too much time on tumblr for my own good because of it xD
    I'm trying to learn to do gifs from videos in photoshop! I must be really stupid or it's really difficult to get the hang of, because so far I've managed to do one too fast and one that glitched out uh.

It would be so cool to be able to do gifs with color layers and stuff. Artsy. :3

Are each of your frames set to 0 seconds each? I used to have the same speed problem as you so I changed all the frames to 1 second each and they run at normal speed.
    As for the glitched out one, maybe your gif is just to big? Though I don't know exactly what your glitched gif is liked to be glitched.
    Practise it lots and you'll get the hang of it :3

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    GIF making is honestly my life. I spend waaay too much time on tumblr for my own good because of it xD

Are each of your frames set to 0 seconds each? I used to have the same speed problem as you so I changed all the frames to 1 second each and they run at normal speed.
    As for the glitched out one, maybe your gif is just to big? Though I don't know exactly what your glitched gif is liked to be glitched.
    Practise it lots and you'll get the hang of it :3

I don't recall now, but I'll practice! Might come to you for advice 8)

Years
  • oh hey wandering thread nice to see you <3

I make my GIFs in GIMP.. they aren't that difficult to make if you know how to time them properly by frame.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I just go to random sites for editing/making gifs, but the sites you guys have mentioned seem like a better plan.

As far as drawing goes, I've been working on a new one for a few days now, but I'm having trouble getting it exactly right. Also, I bought some colored pencils yesterday, so I can return to the wonderful world of color!

Years
  • Tumblr is usually my main image source, probably because I've trusted the pics there for around 3 years now. It's also where I get a lot of the gifs that sometimes make it into my signature.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I use Imgur for all image-uploading; it's rather simple and straigtforward. I'd use Tinypic more, but unfortunately, they don't seem to support multiple picture uploads, which sucks (could be sort of a time-consuming process when we're doing this one-by-one). I used to be a regular user of Imageshack, but stopped following as soon as they had put more restrictions to their policy.

I'm not that great when it comes do drawing, sadly, but do spend a lot of time doing graphic and web designs. As far as latter goes, I've been working on a layout for a new website project, and have gotten done only the lending page thus far (have been slightly busy as of late, which was keeping me away from doing much things).

I'll try my best to submit a few screenshots of the theme at some point in future over at my gallery! Hopefully, I won't forget.

Years
  • I used to use Tumblr a lot for images and whatnot but I've found now that Pinterest (of all the places, ugh) has some pretty good themes and content. I usual upload everything to Imgur, though.

/me can't make .gifs :<

Circuit

Years
  • Eeeyyyy it's in A&D at last! Haven't seen this thread in a while actually haha. So, what creative things has everyone been doing lately?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I tried making gifs. I failed 8D

I still make my own avatars from screenshots sometimes. Like my current one, from the Digimon Tri trailer. It's not really difficult nor requires talent though, welp.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Eeeyyyy it's in A&D at last! Haven't seen this thread in a while actually haha. So, what creative things has everyone been doing lately?

It has been here for a while, haha.

I have made gifs with sprites frame by frame, but I have never tried to make one out of a video, it seems hard :/

Circuit

Years
  • Gifs out of video just take time, patience and more time. I've only made a couple of gifs though, I should make more. It seems gif avatars are all the rage these days.

Years
  • Wandering thread! I had wondered where you'd gone off to. o3o

I've done sprite gifs before, although it's been so long since I've really dabbled in it that sometimes I think I've lost some of my touch with them. Definitely have not tried making gifs from videos, haven't had much of an interest in ever making them.

I've mainly only still been doing sketches so far lately, done a few things more than just that but not a whole lot. I still have a colored pencil piece half-done here, whoops.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Wandering thread? OMG how long has it been?! :o

As for gifs, the gifs I usually have for my signatures and avatars are homemade and not taken from other sources haha. Aside from the Milotic one I had a while back, it was hard finding a quality video, and I don't really know any episodes with good Milotic shots, so I took .gif from tumblr, edit it a bit and it became my infamous circular Milotic avatar lol.

Years
  • I made a gif once? It was a sprite gif and it was a ton of work, but it was kinda fun. Unfortunately the program I used required paying to make an easier version so I had to go about making it in some cray cray way and until I get a better version I don't plan on making more heh. For video to gifs I just use imgur's video to gif.

Back