• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] the water pokemon club! a place where you can cool down!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Anyone got any shiny water Pokemon?

I got pretty lucky thanks to chain fishing-- I really miss that mechanic. I got my shiny Starmie, Skrelp, Clamperl, Tentacruel and Kingdra that way. A few others that came into my life are Greninja, Wooper and Wartortle. Edit: How did I forget my signature Pokemon Milotic? That's the first shiny that I actively hunted.

I have a shiny Toxapex and Gyarados! Lapras is going to be my next hunt though. My favorite water types in order are Gyarados, Kyogre, Lapras, and Milotic. What I like about Kyogre is pretty much everything. Love it's design, cry, shiny form, Primal form, and I played the shit out of Sapphire as a kid.

Years
tell us you're favorite legendry water pokemon ! and what you like about it

My favorite legendary water Pokemon is Suicune. I just like the legendary beasts and in general like Johto's legendaries, and the region itself. It's one of those places in the Pokemon world like Hoenn and Sinnoh that is full of history. Above all I like Suicune because of it's increased visibility in Pokemon Crystal and HGSS with the Eusine plot. I love how Suicune is elusive but unlike the other two beasts in-game it's very approachable at the same time, and not nearly as challenging to obtain because it won't run once it decides that it wants you for it trainer. It observes you for a long time as you travel across Johto, judging when you are ready. This Pokemon has a strong sense of personality. I especially like the moment before you capture it in Pokemon Crystal, and think it's actually a more interesting and mystical conclusion of it's storyline than in the remake, though I really liked having Suicuine be able to follow me in Soul Silver. It become my signature Pokemon, and I enjoyed catching it in Kurt's ball and putting seals on it for decoration. Not to mention Suicune has a very elegant, mature and unusual design.

Suicune has always been quite strong, and I think it's the best of the legendary dogs, though I like all three of them. Whenever I catch a Suicune in-game I will name it North Wind in honor of the 4th Pokemon movie with Celebi. I consider Pokemon 4ever- Voice of the Forest to be an extremely underrated movie. As a big Studio Ghibli lover I am happy to say that the 4th movie reminds me of Hayao Miyazaki's films, especially Princess Mononoke. It would be on my top 5 short list of Pokemon films.

I also have the event Suicuine from the GameStop promotion for the 13th Pokemon movie Zoroark, Master of Illusion. It's the shiny one with the special move pool of sheer cold, air slash, extreme speed and aqua ring. I consider myself lucky but to have it.

I have a shiny Luvdisc, Skrelp, Corsola, and Seaking from chain fishing. (Funny enough when I found the shiny Seaking, "Ocean Man" came on my playlist 😳 so of course I named it Ocean Man) I also have a shiny level 16 Wailord in Sun.

You reminded me of another chain fished shiny. I forgot about Corsola. I picked up one chain fishing too in XY. I like that baby blue shiny. Nice sampling of water mons you got there.

I didn't get around to hunting Luvdisc, Seaking and Wailord but I approve! Congratulations of your haul of many shiny fish from the sea. That's a cool story about how your Seaking got it's most fitting name. I am going to have to go looking for shiny water Pokemon next time while Song to the Siren plays and follow suit. Maybe I will have your good luck?

I have a shiny Toxapex and Gyarados! Lapras is going to be my next hunt though. My favorite water types in order are Gyarados, Kyogre, Lapras, and Milotic. What I like about Kyogre is pretty much everything. Love it's design, cry, shiny form, Primal form, and I played the shit out of Sapphire as a kid.

Shiny Toxapex is gorgeous, I love the deep rose color of that shiny. With your shiny Gyarados and Toxapex, it looks like the red tones are your lucky colors my friend. Shiny Lapras is another just exquisite shiny, good luck on your hunt for it! I also just like this Pokemon in general. I think the Pokédex entries for this pokemon are interesting with all the mentions of it's high intelligence, and being able to communicate telepathically and understand human speech. It's also sad how it was hunted nearly to extinction, and makes me reflect wistfully on some of our own marine life here on earth.

Yes, Kyogre is simply stunning, especially the primal form with it's intricate, glowing markings. It looks positively otherworldly. This is a bit of a plot spoiler of a certain favorite Pokemon movie of mine but I wanted to add
Spoiler:

Anyway, you made some great choices of favorite water Pokemon. I think most people know how I feel about Milotic and it's twin Gyarados :)

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
Years
Favorite legendary is definitely Manaphy! I feel like it's a bit underrated compared to other "Pixie" Pokémon, but has a very interesting lore, signature move, and is just very cute in general! Too bad I've never ever used one, since it's such a rare Pokémon to even come across. Truly a "Mysterious Pokémon", as mythicals are called in italian!

Years
Favorite legendary is definitely Manaphy! I feel like it's a bit underrated compared to other "Pixie" Pokémon, but has a very interesting lore, signature move, and is just very cute in general! Too bad I've never ever used one, since it's such a rare Pokémon to even come across. Truly a "Mysterious Pokémon", as mythicals are called in italian!

You are right about it being underrated, it's one I always forget about! I think it is better than Keldeo but then again, bronies kind of ruined anything "horse" for me. I also forgot in mine, Tentacruel is another one of my favorite water types.

Years
Indeed, manaphy is a nice little Pokemon. I adore it's movie.

Now that we speak of Manaphy and the movie Pokemon Ranger and the Temple Sea it reminded me of another favorite water Pokemon trainer of mine, Lizabeth from the Manaphy movie. She's the beautiful, blue-haired performance artist from the troupe the Marina Group.

For those unfamiliar with the movie her traveling family act utilizes water Pokemon in the show, and Elizabeth and her family are descendants of an ancient tribe called The People of the Water, and are guardians of a great secret.

So my top 3 favorite water Pokemon trainers would be Wallace as my #1, Nessa #2 and Lizbeth for #3. I just love all 3 of their designs. In general I say water Pokemon trainers are among the most striking and glamorous individuals in the Pokemon world.

Incidentally, two poketubers that I really enjoy are The Aura Guardian and SupremeRK9s. A few years back they did a collaboration video featuring their picks for the hardest Pokemon to shiny hunt. Evidently a legitimate shiny Manaphy egg transferred from Pokemon Ranger to Diamond and Pearl is the hardest shiny pokemon you could ever attempt to catch. Would anyone seriously try this?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
I like Manaphy, especially for the lore that surrounds it. But to be honest: I'm still waiting on that in-world explanation about what "Mana" actually is.

(also for those who don't know: Manaphy = Mana + Phi(one))

Allen303

A warrior who has lost his ability to fight, is on
Years
hey friends! (sorry my laptop charger was not working!) i was in active but friends you just make me realize that my club is on the selection of Club of the Year and I just Want to request you that PLZ Vote my club ASAP plz!!!! if this will even come under 3rd position then there would be a gr8 honor for our precious water pokemons. come on do it for DJ ALLEN IN THE HOUSE!!!!!!

Allen303

Years
All plz submit this form:
Name:
Favorite pokemon:
Favorite water pokemon :
The thing you like most about water pokemon:
(The person would like to join can also send this form!)
(No more allen303!)

Years
I'm happy to see that the water Pokemon club is doing so well in the poll for club of the year right now!! Cheers!

I have a question I thought I would put out there if it's okay with with everyone.

Water Pokemon fans, is there a water type mon that you would like to alter or strengthen in some way?

Even if it is already a good Pokemon there might be something that you think would make it even cooler? For example do you wish this water Pokemon had a different ability, or got a more unusual shiny color or was given an evolution?

In my case I thought Gyarados' mega should have been a water/dragon dual type. This Pokemon has always looked like an ancient sea serpent/dragon. It's even in the dragon egg group and can learn more dragon moves than dark or flying, so I think it deserves to be a true water dragon. Gyarados will always be one of my favorite Pokemon though no matter what.

Another thing I wish is that Keldeo's resolute form made the Pokemon function differently in some way. I have a Keldeo, and I like that with the help of secret sword it grows a bigger horn, has a longer mane with rainbow-colored strands and a more determined expression. I just think it would be really interesting if it not only changed outwardly but also had a different stat distribution or different ability than it has normally, something to make it perform like a whole new Keldeo, more like the way Giratina's altered and Origin forms work.

Allen303

Years
Name:
Favorite pokemon:
Favorite water pokemon :
(No more allen303!)
Plz send it fast i have some work to do!

Years
Hope it's not too late to join!

Name: Roni
Favorite pokemon: Crobat
Favorite water pokemon : Starmie
The thing you like most about water pokemon: there's most likely one for everyone bcs of how many there are!

And to answer Sam's question, I believe adding the Fairy typing to Milotic would be cool! Always seemed like it'd fit.

Allen303

Years
Hope it's not too late to join!

Name: Roni
Favorite pokemon: Crobat
Favorite water pokemon : Starmie
The thing you like most about water pokemon: there's most likely one for everyone bcs of how many there are!

And to answer Sam's question, I believe adding the Fairy typing to Milotic would be cool! Always seemed like it'd fit.
No friend you are not late to join welcome to water pokemon society plz encourage more members to join and other members of this community to send this information

Allen303

Years
Name:
Favorite pokemon:
Favorite water pokemon :
(No more allen303!)

Send it fast with samy's question

Years
Three cheers for Roni! I am happy to see another friend of the sea here! I love that idea by the way of making Milotic a water/fairy dual type. It's perfect!

Name: Sam
Favorite pokemon: Dragonite
Favorite water pokemon : Milotic
The thing you like most about water pokemon: Their versatility. They have few weaknesses, and overall have good coverage moves like ice beam and thunderbolt, psychic. I think they are also good defensive typing, there are lots of bulky water types with recovery moves and all sorts of utility options.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Water Pokemon fans, is there a water type mon that you would like to alter or strengthen in some way?
Phione getting Calm Mind would be nice to see. Manaphy also has it and while the latter has Tail Glow as well, I don't think going to those lengths wouldn't make sense. But at least with Calm Mind it would be a little more useful.

Also: are we supposed to fill out the form retroactively? I'm a little confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back