• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Worst Characters?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • Just in your opinion, what are some of the worst video game characters out there, and why? o:

For example, I kind of dislike Marta from Tales of Symphonia 2. She's cute, but, gets kidnapped a lot and ugh, take a drink whenever she says 'I love you Emil!'. I mean, it's cute, but it's a little much.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • Oh, worst video games overall? I thought it was gonna be just pokemon hahah. Worst pokemon character (imo) is Tiesto. I dislike him :I

OVERALL - my least favorite character, of any game - comes from my favorite game series of all time.

Tai Kaliso from Gear of War.

1642198-taiunscathed.jpg

Dohohohooooon't even get me started on this guy. If anyone wants an explanation, I'll give it. If not, suffice it to say I've hated him for going on 6 years now above any character in any game ever.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Just in your opinion, what are some of the worst video game characters out there, and why? o:

For example, I kind of dislike Marta from Tales of Symphonia 2. She's cute, but, gets kidnapped a lot and ugh, take a drink whenever she says 'I love you Emil!'. I mean, it's cute, but it's a little much.
    Between Marta and Emil, I'd like Emil to fall down a bottomless pit

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I really don't care for Vaas from Far Cry 3.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm not such a huge fan of Slippy Toad (can't quite recall his name, but I think this is it) from Star Fox series, sadly. He's indeed cute--well, at least to me, anyway--but his voice isn't the most pleasant. In both original and remake, I've found him to be sort of annoying, to be completely honest. If he wasn't as high-pitched or was portrayed as female, perhaps, then it would've been a lot more accepting.

Aside from that, I don't really like Navi from Legend of Zelda series, either. I did enjoy her companionship, but her constantly talking was sort of bothersome. If only she hadn't done it as often.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Fi from Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. I don't need a tutorial of how to play the game every 3 seconds, thank you very much.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • suwako_walk_by_generalcirno-d35uhsf.gif

Suwako Moriya from Touhou.

She's really hard to play as in the games she's appeared in as her playstyle's just absolutely stupid, and her personality annoys me. She's still cute, though.

AxeArmads

Chatot is the best~
    Years
  • Jasper Batt Jr. from No More Heroes 2 : Desperate Struggle

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Eggman Nega is literally just Eggman just from the future with grey hair. It's so unbelievably uncreative especially as Sonic's counterpart (Blaze) is a much more different character.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Almost everyone who isn't Trevor in GTA 5 comes to mind along with Udina from Mass Effect and most if not all of the new characters from Halo 4 having struck me as irredeemable sacks of crap to put it lightly.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Titchy Gren. His voice, Jesus Christ how horrifying...ly mundane it sounds. It was better in the network test — although generic for an evil guy and not at all suitable for his tiny stature, it was definitely acted out with more feeling, which is something someone obsessed with blood would probably have about the subject. I tend not to be too fussed about characters since I don't play narrative-driven games where characterisation is important, but Titchy's dialogues really struck me as something I ought to skip any time I ever talk to him again.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I don't like Glyde.EXE from Megaman Battle Network series. He is really... just there. He is never fought, he has no Navi chip, he never gives you any story important item and he never just does anything.

Nillemi

Under my Rock
    Years
  • Every single spartan from Halo Reach.

Spoiler:

It's a shame that the most Fun Halo game mechanics-wise had to have the most dull story. I personally blame it for killing my enjoyment of the FPS Genera.

Last edited:

Night Watcher

Hotdog MAn
    Years
  • Hm, this is hard...
    I guess i'm going to have to go with Ayane from DOA.
    She's just so annoying and mean, and she thinks she has more authority just because she gets to kill Kasumi.

But then again, I still love her. ^^

Spoiler:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Not a fan of Pecker from the Jak series. He had a place in Jak II at least but I don't see why he went with Jak and Daxter to the desert in Jak 3. He was really unnecessary.

I wasn't a huge fan of Airy in Bravely Default either. Her voice was really annoying as was her nagging about awakening the crystals. But...hmmm.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Probably Fi from Skyward Sword. I can never walk for more than a couple seconds without her coming out of my sword telling me to do something I've been knowing to do.

Years
  • Anders from Dragon Age II is one of the first to come to mind. The guy can't go five minutes without whining about the Chantry or the plight of mages or anything. I just found him to be terribly one-dimensional and a HUGE step down from his portrayal in Awakening.

Back