• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

They call me hell! They call me Stacy!

Years
    My name is Janna so it is misspelled and mispronounced a lot because it's rare name in most places. I've had people assume my name was spelled Johanna, Gianna, and Jana mostly but as far as pronunciation goes most people say it as "Yana" or don't say that first a properly altogether. My name is pronounced John-uh so the a isn't like the a in banana. Boooooo. That's probably the most common mistake.

It doesn't bother me though.. I've gotten used to it. :D;

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    I used to really love that song hahaha.

But anyway, not a lot of people get my first name wrong since it's easy to say, but because Aaron has both a male and female spelling, people have spelt it as Erin instead of Aaron. As for my last name, people are always adding an extra e to the end of it [Wolf is my last name so Wolfe]. I'm used to it though so it's no problem to me.

I realllly wonder how you guys pronounce my name (Dipu). I'll bet at least half of you will get it wrong.

I've always read it as "dee-poo". Just tell me if I'm wrong. :)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I don't have a problem with pronouncing names, unless people tell me it's wrong, then I'll do my best at correcting them. xD

I realllly wonder how you guys pronounce my name (Dipu). I'll bet at least half of you will get it wrong.

I say "dee-poo".

Sanguine

malignant narcissist
    Years
    Like Tigger, my name's double-barreled, and most people can pronounce one but not the other. Renée is Ruh-nay here, but sounds different in France which is just confusing. Cera is pronounced Seer-ah.

Years
    *sees the title and OP, notices Ting Tings reference*

Anyways, on the topic my name is quite easy to pronounce, the main issue it suffers is that is it very easily misspelled. For those who may remember already, my name is Nichole but I always seem to find people accidentally spelling it as "Nicole" which I guess is because of the one-character difference.

It usually happens to me when I see my name on files and printed documents and I noticed it's spelled "Nicole" causing me to have to correct them every single time. I even recall Zach once misspelling it when he was posting in my 21st birthday celebration thread here last year.

So yeah you gotta remember that "h" in there, because my reaction to seeing my name misspelled isn't really pleasing.

Years
    For a majority of my life, I've had people calling be 'Brandon' instead of 'Brendan', and it got to the point that I just stopped correcting people about it once high school came around. Even to this day, I've had co-workers get my name wrong, even though they've corrected themselves and forgot about it.

On top of that, I get my name spelled wrong a lot, even though it's the most common spelling of it. I've seen 'Brendon', 'Brenden', 'Branden', 'Brandon' and even 'Breanden'.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    My name is just Ashley so there's almost never any confusion with it. Once in a blue moon I will get people who think it's spelled Ashlee or even Ashleigh (wtf?). One of the worst spellings I've seen of it was Ashlye but... I think that was in middle school or high school so I'll excuse that haha

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Some of the older customers at work sometimes mix me up with the other guy that works there because we're both tall and have brown hair, so I get called Patrick a fair bit. I just roll with it, I'll answer to either name now lol

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
    My name is Kerri and my gran always spells it "Kerry". She is forgiven as she is an old lady with lots of grandkids. If anyone else spells my name wrong I'll will correct them.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Haha no, Nathan is not a name people can get wrong unless they're dumb. Sometimes people call me my brother's name which is super annoying.

Sirfetch’d

Sometimes people call me my brother's name which is super annoying.

omg ikr? Do you look like your brother even remotely? I ask because I look nothing like my brother but people still get us mixed up and it annoys me so much because I don't want to be associated with him XD

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I end up being called Lucas from time to time since my name sounds rather similar to that and a lot of people have trouble with my last name too sadly, and no I am not any better when it comes to remembering the names of others nowadays.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    People rarely mispronounce my name, because, well... it's actually pretty easy to pronounce. xD;; Plus, it's also pretty common. It does get misspelled every now and then, though. Name's Ashley, but people seem to drop the "e" sometimes and spell it as "Ashly."

Back