• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

They're starting to figure it out.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Who do you know personally that you've told about your activity, or mentioned PokéCommunity to?

Outlier

In real life? Nobody. It's not even so much the fact I still play Pokemon that I'm embarrassed about. More the nature of some of my posts here and the things I've gone into about my personal life that I wouldn't want too many people knowing about.

As much of a Chatty Cathy as I can be on here I'm actually rather reserved and private in my day to day life. Thank god for anonymity! :)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I've told a few people. I'm not really ashamed. Been here for nearly six years, and with as many amazing friends I've made here, I can't really not include talking about them in person, and that in turn brings PC into conversation sometimes. So it's not a big deal for me.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've never told it to anybody; kept it only to myself. If they're not into Pokémon, then I probably never will. xD Even if I do, they probably won't be interested, anyway. Most people I know don't really care about forums.

Sirfetch’d

I don't think anyone in my real life knows about PC. At least not to my knowledge haha. A few people know that I talk to people online because they have seen me doing it on Skype but I don't really care haha. I have nothing to hide about it!

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Pretty much all my college friends. I don't really hide stuff, so as we got to know one another, it sort of just came out with everything else. They know I moderate a Pokémon forum, just not which one. Though I have linked it to them once or twice, and been on the forum around them.

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
    Years
  • My big brother Robert does know about PokeCommunity but has decided not to join because of other interests. I don't mind that, but it seems none of my real life friends who has heard of PC want to join either. Now that is an 8 on the creepy scale.

Years
  • I had a friend from high school who enjoys Pokémon and I asked them if they've heard of PC, and they say they have. Unfortunately I haven't gotten them convinced into joining because of the lack of contact we have with each other in this day and age. Other than that, my parents know that I'm on a large Pokémon forum, but they don't know the name of it.

I wouldn't mind telling other Pokémon fans I meet up with about this place, though.

Years
  • My mother and brother have sometimes seen that I'm on PC because of them sometimes popping up in my room (which I don't allow uninvited guests into) and they saw a tab open displaying my profile. Sadly my brother, being the evil bully he is, teases me about being on a Pokemon forum.

However, no-one else I know in real life has any idea that I go on PC, or any Pokemon forums for that matter.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • I just haven't told anyone cause it's my own private life. I try and keep these types of things separate from my friends. I just don't feel like merging the two.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Really only my brother knows about PC specifically. I have bragged divulged to some of my nerdier friends that I've been invomon lved with the internet Pokémon fandom since at least 2000, but no specifics unless they ask for it. XD

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • My older sister knows I'm on a Pokemon forum. She asked me about the people I texted, because I frequently text someone who's from here. She knew about everything I've done on here. I mean, she's my big sister, we trust each other. :P

Other than that, with the exception of Pinkie-Dawn, no one else. :P

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
  • I have told this to some of my Friends but they don't laugh on me but i feel a little shamed to tell about this to My big sis or my elders!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    My boyfriend and my exes all knew eventually.

Not sure if he knows I'm a moderator here though.

Years
  • My best friend is a member here but doesn't come on any more. I also had a 4 year relationship and lived with a guy I met on here lol. When people asked how we met I told them it was on a pokemon forum. That was a few years ago now though so people probably don't know I still come on here. Only because it doesn't come up in conversation like it used to when I was with my ex.

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Only my twin sister know that I am a member here ...no one else knows.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I'm not ashamed about PC, but I haven't really told anyone about it. A bunch of my friends actually play Pokemon and they know that I play PS and watch the anime.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I've never mentioned to anyone irl that I come on here. I'd rather keep this private, because a majority of my friends aren't really trustworthy.

Back