• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Those Crystals in the Japanese Logo...

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Pokémon-Sims crossover confirmed.

It's way too soon for me to formulate ideas on what the crystals represent or will be used for, but I like that they're utilizing the color of the opposite game. I hope that's not just for design purposes, but is also representative of something in-game. It would be cool if each game "borrowed" something from the other in some sense (relating to those crystals).

Sceptile90

The Master of YamiNoGames
    Years
  • Unrelated, but the Pokéball in the logo has fire on the back of it... Like a comet...

Years
  • The yellow crystal is pretty much the same design as the Basic Revive.

Interesting to see you point it out because I noticed the crystals are the same shape as the Revive.

This is the Revive...

...and this is the Japanese logos:
    Spoiler:

Yeah, very similar indeed.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Possibly new type of mega stone? Maybe it allows for certain type of pokemon can hold to mega evolve. Maybe instead of all of the different mega stones, they reduce them to have only a few of them, to help reduce the amount items.

They did the same thing in ORAS, they used the Alpha and Omega symbols similar to they way they have used these.

Maybe a return of two evil teams?

MarioManH

top kek
    Years
  • One shard has some relation to the Sun and one has some relation to the Moon. Maybe with these legends they Mega Evolve at Day/Night respectively without the need of a Mega Stone (As these shards are perhaps imbued into their own bodies?). Their own abilities could also involve the shard in some sort of way where once they're sent into battle they can somehow call on the power of the Sun/Moon so that it's Day/Night during that battle and they thus get bonuses for being in battle under such conditions (Day/Night being the conditions).

SirBoglor

[b][I][FONT=Satisfy]It's over, isn't it?[/FONT][/I
    Years
  • One shard has some relation to the Sun and one has some relation to the Moon. Maybe with these legends they Mega Evolve at Day/Night respectively without the need of a Mega Stone (As these shards are perhaps imbued into their own bodies?). Their own abilities could also involve the shard in some sort of way where once they're sent into battle they can somehow call on the power of the Sun/Moon so that it's Day/Night during that battle and they thus get bonuses for being in battle under such conditions (Day/Night being the conditions).

My only objection to that concept is that if your theory was true, it would severely gunk up competitive play. Tournaments would be a mess. Do you host them at day? At night? Also, what if a Sun mon/mons is objectively better to play with(or you just like more)? You have players torn because there's only one part of the day that they want to play. Smogon would be in a giant mess as well. It's just a terribly bad idea in context.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Interesting to see you point it out because I noticed the crystals are the same shape as the Revive.

This is the Revive...

...and this is the Japanese logos:
    Spoiler:

Yeah, very similar indeed.

Revive huh? I'm reminded of those Plus and Minus rumors that said something about the rival being sacrificed to resurrect the mascots... it most likely won't end up like those bogus rumors, but it'll be interesting if it evolves reviving the legends using the power of the opposite legend or something along those lines. It's sort of what happened with Groudon and Kyogre except the proper colored orbs were used to revive them.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • It means Magearna

How so? Were you talking about the markings on its chest that Hika mentioned, or were you referring to something else? The markings do look kinda similar, but I get the feeling the crystals in the logo will be actual crystals as opposed to just markings c:

Last edited:
    Years
  • How so? Were you talking about the markings on its chest that Hika mentioned, or were you referring to something else? The markings do like kinda similar, but I get the feeling the crystals in the logo willl be actual crystals in the game c:
    Yes, her bosom markings. And Magearna = Moon Rabbit = Lesser Moon exclusive Pokémon

MarioManH

top kek
    Years
  • My only objection to that concept is that if your theory was true, it would severely gunk up competitive play. Tournaments would be a mess. Do you host them at day? At night? Also, what if a Sun mon/mons is objectively better to play with(or you just like more)? You have players torn because there's only one part of the day that they want to play. Smogon would be in a giant mess as well. It's just a terribly bad idea in context.

I never said the theory was exactly plausible nor did I say it was perfect, but you're forgetting one thing: Most Legends are banned from Comp. play, and the fact that these are mascots there is almost certainty they will be banned.

I also took the liberty to bold a part of your post to reference. You state "mons" as if there will be multiple Pokemon the operate better on a Day/Night cycle. First off I never stated any other Pokemon would be able to have such an ability. Second of all, the idea in itself is "severely gunky" as you said. It won't work, unless it was for Pokemon that wouldn't be allowed in competitive play, such as most legendaries. You completely overlooked this one important piece of the puzzle. I mean, should other Pokemon get to essentially "fuse" as Kyurem + Resh/Zek were able too? I mean, I'd love to have a Magikarp with wings, but again the idea should be limited, just as it was to Kyurem.

Last edited:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Do you really want me to tell you? Nah, *trundles away sheepishly
    Honestly I have no idea, but they do look like revives :|

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Everyone is focusing on the crystals, but what about the comets?

The comets are not on the English logo either. Here's a crazy theory:

There are two evil teams, unlike Magma and Aqua, they don't interfere with each other, but still compete. Their goals are to draw this comet into Earth's orbit, because there is a legendary waiting inside.( the box art ones) or some great power. but I'm sticking with legends for now.

Anyway, the evil teams( who would at one point have been one team), would have secretly been in kalos during the events of X and Y. After Lysandre fails, they sneak into the ruins and examine the ultimate weapon,they obviously can't bring it with them, but they realize that they can recreate it with materials they have back in their region. They return to their region and begin to have disputes within the organization, as to what they should do. There would be two comets approaching the planet. Each contain the mascot legend. In one version one of the two teams uses their version of the weapon to shoot down one in the comets. The next few years they focus on building the ultimate weapon in secret. Then using the ultimate weapon( or something else( which is probably likely)), they use it's power for their true intentions. your character would be fighting an admin and because of the battle, coordinates are inputed wrong and they shoot the wrong comet. In sun they shoot the one that has the moon legendary, and in moon, they do manage to hit the sun one.

now would be a good time to describe the base. Their version of the ultimate weapon would look nothing like the original one. Using modern technology, they were able to make a telescope that contains the power of the weapon. Maybe using those crystals? The evil team bases would be in an observatory. So the telescope would be big but not like the ultimate weapon.

Now moving on. The evil team leader will reveal that the ultimate weapon originally created Deoxys( like the fan theory). The mutation that it caused on that meteorite was spread when it broke into space. Over time, it created two more powerful legends from the mystic power of a comet. The sun and moon ones.

This beings began to help control the sun and moon, and protect Earth from their comets. However the ultimate weapon was used to attract them to the planet like deoxys. Afterwards, we would learn that the being is approaching some sacred site in the region. You need to get there immediately, as the evil team departs.

For the next bit of time in the game, the comet will be approaching the planet faster and faster.

You see news reports of how the comet is cause destruction through the region. you see a news report of fires in multiple parts of the region( that are blocked off for now), such as the area on the way to the 8th gym. This is where we see the fire department rush to put out the flames, hence the concept art.( more just me wishing.hoping, but you never know) We see people being injured and taken in the ambulances. The region would then call for a hero! As you make your way towards this location, you would also learn that the moon is coming closer to the planet, which throws off the tide system, and water levels begin to rise, with flooding closer to the coast.( cue amazing 3d cutscene showing these effects) You finally make your way to this sacred place.( Maybe a tower or something?) Fighting your way through grunts and admins. You make it to the top, with the other evil team's help. Who would reveal that they almost went forward with their plan, but then the saw the effects of the other team, and realized how wrong they'd be. They come to your aid, knowing only you can save the world, as they help you get to the top and then give you the masterball.

In a non 3d cutscene, you learn more about both the legends, and how the world is doomed if they are taking out of balance. The team that didn't awaken the legendary, will discuss some ancient tale( in a full 3d cutscene) of how ancient tribes did the same thing many years ago. And tell how wrong they were in this. They warn the evil team leader about how dangerous the pokemon they just awoken was.

The evil leader passes it off as false and talks about how they can use to enforce order in the world if they control it, as they can take out anyone at any time with the natural disruptions the pokemon causes. The members of the team that didn't awaken the legend, tell you how it's all up to you know to save them.

As you approach, the comet finally crashes down into the ocean near the tower. The evil team leader looks down as the legendary awakens. ( this is after one last battle with them, before it rises up from the ocean) The leader calls the legend, and talks about how powerful they could be together. The legend rejects them and with one strong attack, knocks the leader out and sends them across the floor. You then engage it in battle.

This came out really long, but the plot just flowed to me as I pondered over the comets.

Probably won't happen, but thoughts?

Years
  • What? How did you get that?

What would a man-made Azoth pokemon have to do with Hawaii region? There's a slot for a shield on its body as well.
    So acting like it's been confirmed. And like I said previously, Hoenn had a city not based on Kyushu. The region could be Singapore or Puerto Rico. Anyways, what would a Fennec Fox be doing in France? What would a would Chinchilla be doing in NY? You have not seen enough sci-fi in regards to Magearna in 'Hawaii'. Also, keep in mind that Mewtwo had different creators on the anime then he did in the games.

Back