• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Discussion Time

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    When do you want the GT to be held?

Mid-summer? (sorry daniel)

Or September or such, rather?

How long should the GT be? This maybe is a discussion also about how you even want to structure it - how many events, how long for this or that.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I'm partial to sometime in August, but definitely open to suggestions.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Don't people start school again in August? Could be a time where people are rather busy. Unless we do the start of August, perhaps.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Maybe late June or sometime in July. Though late June might not give us enough time to plan and get everything together. August things seem to die down a bit with most students getting ready to head back to school.

Years
    I'd heavily recommend a good month or so of solid planning. It's for this reason that it's probably better off being held in July with the bulk of the planning being done in June.

Also @Chura: it's really up to us as GT Management to determine how long GT lasts. Although personally, I'm a bit wary of going the two week route again.

Years
    if planning's being done in june, imo set it mid july or so
    but leave "final" deadlines for exactly july B)

ohhhhh

how about one and a half week then :^)
    since's one weeks' too short
    and two weeks can be too long

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'd say end of July would work well.

And 1 week seems to be a good time. 2 weeks is a bit too long to be one continuous event, somehow. If you can cram all events into one week, one busy fun week, it should be good :)

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I'm good with end of July! A week and a half, give or take, seems reasonable too. :)

Years
    Start - 23.7. or latter that week
    End - 10 or 11 days after the start?

Or is it too late in July? I could imagine it starting around 20.7.

Years
    Agreed. ^ Starting mid-July would be fine. I do want to stress though that this means Event Organizer applications would have to be open like... the first of June or so? Basically kicking of that month with applications and event ideas so we can deliberate on applications and whatnot and hit the ground running with event planning.

Back